GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Six Speed GS300

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-13, 10:56 PM
xlexusx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job! Looks clean.
Old 01-09-13, 10:52 PM
credle89
Driver School Candidate

Nice man, looks great can I do this to a gs400?
Old 01-10-13, 07:12 AM
BRAD123
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great...nothing like a 6 speed with lots of power!
Old 01-10-13, 07:35 AM
gilberjj
Driver School Candidate

What a great looking car! Very nicely done.
How do you shift into reverse? Do you have to use 2 hands? Just an FYI, you can use wrx sti shift *****, they are the same thread and have the reverse lockout. I have a plain black derlin shift **** that I got off ebay for like $25 that's marketed for an sti but it works on the v160/161 as well. It may not go with your luxury look, but just a thought. I think a stock supra **** (leather wrapped) would go nicely and you could use the stock reverse lockout.
Old 01-11-13, 01:11 PM
EVOZERO
Rookie

Very nice!! i am currently collecting parts for the v160 conversion on my JDM Aristo, im mostly there, trying to decide on ecu, leaning towards fcon v pro (Have one of the best tuners here in NZ)

Can you give us an idea on the handbrake assembly you used please, thats one part im unsure of atm. plus post up more pics and spec!! it must be a beast now!! love it!
Old 01-14-13, 09:28 AM
2GSC300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SwayNV
Where is this shop? o.O
Like Rodney said Ft.Lauderdale. They are also doing my SC400 (Black Mamba) build for me. Great group of guys. I've recommended them to a few members with good results.
Old 01-15-13, 06:12 AM
rodneyg73
Driver

Originally Posted by xlexusx
Nice job! Looks clean.
Thanks for the compliment
Old 01-15-13, 06:35 AM
rodneyg73
Driver

Originally Posted by credle89
Nice man, looks great can I do this to a gs400?
Thank you. The wire harness and ECU would have to be changed anyways, so I don't see why not.
Old 01-15-13, 06:39 AM
rodneyg73
Driver

Originally Posted by gilberjj
What a great looking car! Very nicely done.
How do you shift into reverse? Do you have to use 2 hands? Just an FYI, you can use wrx sti shift *****, they are the same thread and have the reverse lockout. I have a plain black derlin shift **** that I got off ebay for like $25 that's marketed for an sti but it works on the v160/161 as well. It may not go with your luxury look, but just a thought. I think a stock supra **** (leather wrapped) would go nicely and you could use the stock reverse lockout.
Thank you, I don't have a problem shifting into reverse. One hand two fingers.
Old 01-15-13, 06:51 AM
rodneyg73
Driver

Originally Posted by EVOZERO
Very nice!! i am currently collecting parts for the v160 conversion on my JDM Aristo, im mostly there, trying to decide on ecu, leaning towards fcon v pro (Have one of the best tuners here in NZ)

Can you give us an idea on the handbrake assembly you used please, thats one part im unsure of atm. plus post up more pics and spec!! it must be a beast now!! love it!
I use the factory foot brake. Since the space between clutch pedal and the foot brake is so far apart I decided to leave it as it is. I decided to go with the AEM V2 and I'm pretty happy with the results.
Old 01-15-13, 07:01 AM
rodneyg73
Driver

Originally Posted by timtim14
Wow looks great man! Where did you get that instrument cluster cover? i love the way that it looks with the tan interior
I made the instrument cluster. I bought the gauge holder rings and with frame of the factory ashtray and some fiberglass I was able to bring it to life.
Old 01-21-13, 03:20 PM
BigPants
Driver School Candidate

Dying to know what you used for your pedal assembly! I have an old SC assembly but it doesnt look to be a good fit. I looked into the "universal" pedal assembly by wilwood but I read somewhere that it doesnt work, just wanted some ideas before I try this myself. Thanks!
Old 01-21-13, 03:51 PM
SwayNV
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2GSC300
Like Rodney said Ft.Lauderdale. They are also doing my SC400 (Black Mamba) build for me. Great group of guys. I've recommended them to a few members with good results.
You don't happen to know any good shops in Texas do you? haha
Preferably Austin, Houston, or San Antonio... Dallas is too far =P
Old 01-21-13, 09:27 PM
2GSC300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SwayNV
You don't happen to know any good shops in Texas do you? haha
Preferably Austin, Houston, or San Antonio... Dallas is too far =P
I'm in Houston, but I don't know of any shop. There was one friend whom I would have sent you to, but he just moved back to Cali. I'm extremely funny about my cars. I don't let just anyone work on them. General care, I've got people. Performance mods I go with the folks I know and trust to get it done, even if they are out of state. To be honest, and IMO, the shops in TX can't compare to the ones in South Florida. They know these cars upside down and inside out. They are usually ahead of the rest of the country when it comes to the Toyota/Lexus performance game.
As for S&O Tek, I've known Stan and Omar since '04. This is the second car I've bout from them. They work clean, fair, fast and back their work. The way I see it, I would rather do it once and do it right. Too many people have wasted money with shortcuts and trying to save money by sending their car to the cheapest guy, but end up spending more fixing mistakes. Rodney's car goes between NYC and FL, which is basically the same distance from Houston to Ft.Lauderdale. Drive it down or have them come up to Texas and have them do the build here. They will do it. I'll PM you the number.....Sorry for the thread jack guys.
Old 01-22-13, 07:54 AM
rodneyg73
Driver

Originally Posted by BigPants
Dying to know what you used for your pedal assembly! I have an old SC assembly but it doesnt look to be a good fit. I looked into the "universal" pedal assembly by wilwood but I read somewhere that it doesnt work, just wanted some ideas before I try this myself. Thanks!
I used the IS300 clutch pedal and clutch master cylinder. Some trimming of the bracket is required.

Quick Reply: Six Speed GS300