GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Led license plate upgrade!.!.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-12, 08:56 PM
Sykotic336
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow nice and bright could be brighter still i unno if i can drop 40$ on um and i love lights ask n e 1 of my friends lol... but u know i might end up picking up a set n e ways bwahaah
Old 09-25-12, 04:48 AM
nyc80rick
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SorrGwa
using these.

direct fit.

What's the look on them are they bright white or more blue? If you had to buy a new set would you get these again?
Old 09-25-12, 05:01 AM
Radiotube
Driver School Candidate

I wouldn't mind having some of these for my Lexus CT200h... and maybe a version for the backup lights too.

Old 09-25-12, 05:53 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone know what lights are being used in the video for the reverse back up lights, I need some of those. I have to back up a dark driveway to get into my garage. I just put the license plate LED's on order.

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
I used to have the exact same lights. Those are CRAZY bright!. In my honest opinion I think they were a little too bright

Here's a pic of them on my car. (Much brighter in person) They dont look that crazy bright in my photo. But you could see it from space LOL. I recently changed them to a different brand that still looks white but just not as bright.

1SWTGS also installed them on his car. He posted a quick vid on Youtube. This gives you a much better idea how bright they actually are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5qLw82yBmI
Old 09-25-12, 07:01 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts

It's crazy how doing simple things like this cuts the aging of our cars in half. When I finally did the led replacement in the interior, I get great reviews from people who get in my car.
Old 09-25-12, 08:16 AM
Shoegum
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by adamgamz
Does anyone know what lights are being used in the video for the reverse back up lights, I need some of those. I have to back up a dark driveway to get into my garage. I just put the license plate LED's on order.

This might help

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...se-lights.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...s300-pics.html
Old 09-25-12, 10:06 AM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

haha soo many LEDs..i dont think you need soo many led. just makes it too bright
Old 09-25-12, 10:59 AM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nyc80rick
What's the look on them are they bright white or more blue? If you had to buy a new set would you get these again?
They are definitely a bright WHITE and I would buy them again even though I said they are too bright LOL

Originally Posted by adamgamz
It actually says it right in the title of the youtube video They are Cree Q5 T10 from JLC
http://www.jlclightings.com/CREE-5W-...p/cr-39008.htm
Old 09-25-12, 12:38 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do Police bother you if its TOO bright? Cause the ones i have are just about right.. wish it was a tadbit brighter.
Old 09-25-12, 06:35 PM
scriber
Driver

I installed these also. They are super bright. So bright they are clearly visible shining white light on the ground too. Never been hassled by cops for these
Old 09-25-12, 07:45 PM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by scriber
I installed these also. They are super bright. So bright they are clearly visible shining white light on the ground too. Never been hassled by cops for these
Yep they shine the light on the concrete, no problems with the Law yet..
Old 09-26-12, 12:26 AM
nGooo
Driver

damn these are dope. i want these but if its as bright as you guys say i dont want to get hassled by cops cause if i get pulled over im gonna get tickets for more than a few things =(. decisions decisions
Old 09-26-12, 08:48 AM
jmdettmer
Driver School Candidate

I'm in the same boat as you nGooo I like the style but don't wanna be hassled haha
Old 09-26-12, 09:43 AM
jmdettmer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
I used to have the exact same lights. Those are CRAZY bright!. In my honest opinion I think they were a little too bright

Here's a pic of them on my car. (Much brighter in person) They dont look that crazy bright in my photo. But you could see it from space LOL. I recently changed them to a different brand that still looks white but just not as bright.

1SWTGS also installed them on his car. He posted a quick vid on Youtube. This gives you a much better idea how bright they actually are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5qLw82yBmI
Yakuza-GS you said that the LEDs that FlockoGS4 had were a little too bright and you switched to some different ones.....what ones did you go with? Do you have a link. there are just soo many on ebay it's hard to know what to go with.

,Jman
Old 09-26-12, 10:14 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by jmdettmer
Yakuza-GS you said that the LEDs that FlockoGS4 had were a little too bright and you switched to some different ones.....what ones did you go with? Do you have a link. there are just soo many on ebay it's hard to know what to go with.

,Jman
Just go with a regular hi-powered multi SMD LED bulb. That what I have installed. Mine are either 4 or 5 SMD which is bright enough. They are all over eBay and are cheap. I bought a pack of 10 bulbs for around $5 at the time. Trust me on this and they are not super bright like what is attached.

Quick Reply: Led license plate upgrade!.!.