GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Lexus GS400 Major Makeover

Old 01-05-13, 11:24 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

very unique... Nicely done
Old 01-10-13, 03:59 PM
Exotic1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good Vlad Its G from Exotics. Just wanted to say hey and throw a link up if anyone wants to see other work done here at the shop in NC. Hit up our facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004549380799 If there is anything we can do let us know. Thanks.
Old 01-10-13, 06:55 PM
nar8ta
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotic1
Looking good Vlad Its G from Exotics. Just wanted to say hey and throw a link up if anyone wants to see other work done here at the shop in NC. Hit up our facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004549380799 If there is anything we can do let us know. Thanks.
G, its lee, get back to work.........i need my wheel finished

You and Darrel did a great job..........i'm up next.
Old 01-18-13, 03:48 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
it all looks amazing man but i know u did interior/stereo work.....lets see those pics Vlad. i decided against more of the XXX's im just gonna add another amp to further power it fronts wider (more aggressive pull) than the rear? you know this is RWD Vlad, no slicks up front lol.
I'll probably be posting some interior progress pics in the next week. Im taking some time off of work in order to work on the interior. So gotta be a little patient Brian.

As far as the fronts being wider. They are really close like within a mm or 2 but the reason why they may look more aggressive is due to the overall size of the rear to the front. There is much more material to build up to the arches in the rear than in the front.
Originally Posted by veritek
Insane!!!! I love how it turned out!!! I love how the arches were incorporated and flow into the bumpers and rear door. Great attention to detail.
Thank you! That was one of the most important things that needed to be done. I have seen many people that choose not go the route, I knew it was something that would complete the look that I am going for.

Originally Posted by maroon2jz
Sweet Jesus on roller skates. It's.....its beautiful :'D
LOL. Thanks

Originally Posted by lowKut
Now I am seeing this thread and i witnessed the car when it was strip down to skeleton mode on several occasions.

One word Outstanding.
Thank you Mark. I dont think that you really understood when I told you some of my plans. But now you can see I wasnt kidding.

Originally Posted by puff
Wait your car doesn't have a sunroof?
Nope no sunroof, car was configured this way when purchased new by the original owner. Car was bought in LA had all options except navi, heated seats and sunroof. Go figure. I like the lack of sunroof the car feels stiffer.

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
Vlad she looks amazing, nice work! and I thought you sold it or something..... Would love to see it in person someday
Thanks Tim! I didnt sell it as you can see the project just took longer than expected. You'll definitely see it once its done.
Originally Posted by herc2k
Freaking Bad ***!!! Nice work bro!!! Any magazine spread in the near future?
Thanks. Who knows what the future will bring? But if there is a request I wont say no.

Originally Posted by msvlgs
nicely done....
Thank you!

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Wow, I have not seen you or the car in years Vlad! The car has come a long way and looks great!
Thanks Sean been a long time. How have you been?

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
nice results... and where do you plan on driving that work of art? this car must be for car shows. waiting on interior pics and that knock you're about to install.
Interior will take a while to put together but I will be working on it next week. The car is definitely not for car shows, I will be driving this. There is no point for me to have a car that I cannot drive. So you will see it around.

Originally Posted by d7620
makeover done right! result came out great dude!!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by TKO95TT
That is one sick GS. I love all the other details you added in too.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by tmf2004
very unique... Nicely done
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Exotic1
Hey G. Thanks for all the great work that Daryl, Wes and you accomplished. Looks like thanks to your facebook page my pics went viral. LOL
Originally Posted by nar8ta
G, its lee, get back to work.........i need my wheel finished

You and Darrel did a great job..........i'm up next.
Lol Lee, jumping in with the quickness!
Old 01-18-13, 04:42 PM
SwayNV
Rookie

Lovin' that color. Headlights look legit too man.
How much did the full interior swap set you back?
I wanna go from tan to black so bad!
Old 01-19-13, 02:02 PM
Acer
Lead Lap

Wow! more pics!
Old 06-04-14, 05:38 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Been a while since I updated this thread. Too many things going on in life. The car was put on the back burner. Once I found the shop to install the audio they did a horrible job. Interior wise it is still not 100% where I want it to be but at this point I just want it done. I have maybe another 2 to 3 weeks of work left to do. But here are some in progress and teaser pics of the car.

Mocking up the trim rings on the front doors:

Bigger alternator for all of the electrical, DC Power 275 Amps:

Trunk almost complete:

Picked up a LX-Mode Grill (thanks to my friend Al)

Since the lower door pocket was cut out to accommodate a speaker I decided to add lights to the bottom of the door, came out pretty nice:

Decided to do the first ever Foglight HID retrofit. The projectors are morimoto matchbox projectors [bi-xenon/low & high beams], micro eyelid shrouds [chrome], oem housing & clear lenses (thanks to Hidillusionz for the great work):

Some Random pics of the car, yes its dirty :

Some Videos of the car from my instagram:

Rolling:

Audio(all distortion is from mic on my phone):

Last edited by Spyder78; 06-04-14 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-04-14, 05:41 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

great update.. liking those fogs and grill.....
Old 06-04-14, 08:44 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Very cool... although I believe Sakataj was the first to do a foglight retrofit (on the forums). The rest looks clean though, keep up the awesome work!!
Old 06-04-14, 10:45 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I have a fog light retro too!!! I got them from kylehardy 6 months ago. heard about theose lexus door lights before, there were like $40 right?
Old 06-04-14, 11:24 PM
clos430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Your car is looking clean! Sick body work and I love that rolling video of it.
I gotta say though, not a fan of that grill. Looks out of place, maybe if you were to color match some of it it would flow better IMHO.
Old 06-05-14, 01:21 AM
karolgt
Rookie

perfect blue GS
Old 06-05-14, 05:55 AM
DWitis
Driver School Candidate

Seen car in person, one of a kind type clean!
Old 06-05-14, 06:18 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

I would like to shake your hand sir for such a sexy *** car that looks mean, love the retro fog lights and the retro headlights. I also agree like the fender flare looks better.

Last edited by bigblack06; 06-05-14 at 06:31 AM.
Old 06-05-14, 06:36 AM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TALK ABOUT A BEFORE AND AFTER OMGGGG
i never see the mica blue fixed up this well!
defiantly making me want to keep my paint oem because its to the point where i need to repaint it anyways. SO INSPIRING =]

for a min i thought you were the vlad with that crazy suby but im sure theres more than one in the world lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus GS400 Major Makeover