GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

AUX input for under $5.00*** You guys wont be disappointed Pic intensive

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-14, 05:51 AM
vsop4me
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have alligator clips? You may have to do some troubleshooting. Disconnect all the wires and reconnect or clip just the L+ and L-. You will have to prop up your changer and play music with and without inserting jack. If that works do the same for just the R+/- only. Then finally do both. Something else to try if you want to double check you are slicing into yah correct wires is to just test by tent reconnecting without the jack wires to 100% be sure you have the correct leads. Again one wire and one side at a time.
Old 04-10-14, 08:54 AM
nawafpower
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tape to audio out

Originally Posted by sam12345
Ok here is what I did. I took one of the cassettes that you attach your iPod to so you can play it on the casset player and took it apart. Removed the head that the wires are attached to. Then carefully put it back together (make sure all the gears and the rubber wheel are in place because if not the tape will auto eject) . The reason for removing the head is so you won't hear the hiss when you put the tape in the player. Now pop the tape into your deck and leave it in there. Put Dolby C on (this will not affect the sound of your input because that is going straight to the amp) it will get rid of the rest of the noise inherent in the tape player. Now whenever you want to hear your iPod just push the tape button. No need for a blank cd or relay or switch. Later if you want to hear a tape you eject your modded tape and pop whatever tape you want then you put the modded tape back in for the iPod or auxiliary. If you dare you can relabel your "tape" button "aux" I will just leave my modded tape in there all the time
Hi there,
I just couldn't follow up when you said remove the head from the cassette, if I do that how will the sound go to the audio system, and where will be the wires hooked? it's either I missed something or this could never work the way I understood you, could you please elaborate?
Thanks.
Old 04-11-14, 05:20 AM
greatcali
Driver School Candidate

Is there any way anyone has the blank audio file anywhere
Old 05-08-14, 09:13 PM
ItsYaBoy
Driver School Candidate

Default Nice

Great write up, glad I found this. did this about a week ago,
I mounted it to the amplifier and haven't had a problem with any whine. :thumb up:
1Hr. blank track: http://squobble.blogspot.com/2008/03...huffle-or.html

Last edited by ItsYaBoy; 05-08-14 at 09:18 PM. Reason: added mp3 file
Old 05-27-14, 10:16 PM
sunshine1
Driver School Candidate

Realized my jdm car has a different sound system a while ago so this won't work.

Hello I'm trying to do this mod but my wires connecting to the cd changer are completely different colors. Does anyone have an idea which wires to use? My car is the jdm version toyota aristo.
Don't worry the wires won't be exposed like that.

Blue
Orange
Grey
Pink
Purple
White with black stripe
Attached Thumbnails AUX input for under .00*** You guys wont be disappointed Pic intensive-20140527_235140.jpg  

Last edited by sunshine1; 09-05-14 at 03:01 AM. Reason: jdm system is different?
Old 10-17-14, 08:23 PM
Sykotic336
Driver

Hi I tried doing this install but it won't play anything from my iPod no sound at all followed the detailed instructions properly so I'm at a stand still anyone have a picture maybe of how it looks? Maybe I installed it in the wrong area but I mean it's pretty straight forward lol. I have a 04 gs300
Old 10-20-14, 05:14 AM
angus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sykotic336
Hi I tried doing this install but it won't play anything from my iPod no sound at all followed the detailed instructions properly so I'm at a stand still anyone have a picture maybe of how it looks? Maybe I installed it in the wrong area but I mean it's pretty straight forward lol. I have a 04 gs300
When you did it did you use the correct harness to tap into? It says not the CD changer one.
Old 10-24-14, 02:10 PM
Sykotic336
Driver

Originally Posted by angus
When you did it did you use the correct harness to tap into? It says not the CD changer one.
Well I got it to work but sound quality is really crap not near as cd quality any suggestions? Using my iPhone 4s
Old 03-12-15, 06:07 PM
2GS300Gafa
Driver School Candidate

i have a 2000 gs300, i have two white harness and one is bigger than the other one. The smaller harness has all the colors to connect my +-R +-L but i have two green wires. One of my green wire has a thin red line and the other a thin black one. Which wire do i use for the "green wire"? I have an IPhone 6plus and when i plug up the aux cord to my phone my phone turns off!!! These pictures and directions are poor examples foreal.

Last edited by 2GS300Gafa; 03-12-15 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-08-15, 09:55 AM
shwalker07
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

I would recommend anyone that is doing this mod to follow the wiring diagram on post 155 and before you solder anything test it out first.

I tested out the original wiring diagram (Post 1) and that is no good because you only get about 33% of sound when you are at 100% on your radio and your aux input device. With the wiring diagram done from post 155 it retains the OEM loudness and is very clear with no alternator noise or interference.

Also if you are not using the aux input make sure you don't have anything plugged into it because it will play over the radio, cassette, or CD.

I drilled a hole in my ashtray for the aux input and it turned out good. If you decide to mount it here just be very careful because you have no room for errors and it has to be mounted dead center from top to bottom (so the wiring will clear the top and you don't drill out the plastic on the bottom edge). Also you will need to solder the wires on the aux input as if they were coming straight out of the back (so when you put the ashtray back in you have enough room for the wiring).
Attached Thumbnails AUX input for under .00*** You guys wont be disappointed Pic intensive-20150603_125807.jpg   AUX input for under .00*** You guys wont be disappointed Pic intensive-20150603_125821.jpg   AUX input for under .00*** You guys wont be disappointed Pic intensive-20150604_003630.jpg  
Old 06-08-15, 07:56 PM
01gs3
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great info here.
Old 06-08-15, 11:12 PM
SenecaRex
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Have aftermarket touchscreen, so doesn't apply, but wish I would have thought of this in my mom's sebring in high school.
Good write up.
Old 07-13-15, 09:01 PM
MrPringles
Driver School Candidate

Did this to my ls400 with 6 cd changer, it works but the subs wont work with this method anyone know why? for some reason the subs will work if i play with the balance i.e. if i put it to full left the subs will work with the left and right if i put it to full right. but when its fully mid the sub isnt on
Old 07-13-15, 10:06 PM
shwalker07
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by MrPringles
Did this to my ls400 with 6 cd changer, it works but the subs wont work with this method anyone know why? for some reason the subs will work if i play with the balance i.e. if i put it to full left the subs will work with the left and right if i put it to full right. but when its fully mid the sub isnt on
Did you follow the wiring diagram in post 1 or in post 155? Sounds like you have your wiring mixed up.
Old 12-04-15, 07:01 AM
06frozone
Driver School Candidate

Default Radioshack Part no longer Available

Did this mod. Instead of using the 5 pin 3.5mm Phone jack, I used a female 3 pin jack, and soldered the grounds together. I used some cat 6 shielded wire I had lying around to eliminate interference. The sound is great, but the only disadvantage is that I have to unplug my iPod or phone l If I want to adjust the volume on the radio, or the audio controls(Bass Etc). Not a big deal, since I have a separate volume control on my iPod or phone, adjusting the radio just limits the highest volume allowed by my iPod or phone. It still does make a noise when charging the phone though. Would most likely work with the male version, however I wanted the option to change out the patch cable if necessary.

Part link:
https://www.radioshack.com/products/...ant=5717422981

Quick Reply: AUX input for under $5.00*** You guys wont be disappointed Pic intensive