GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Fed up with this car......

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-11, 01:00 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fed up with this car......

I have been thru alot with this car but I am done!! No more wheels and no more air suspension it's all going! I don't think I will be buying anything new for a very long time! Have a cool car has been fun but it's not worth the trouble I go thru with it!

I got my alignment done about a month and half ago and only driven the car 2 weekends out of that month and half. Then I drove it all last week. My alignment Is all wacked out already! I have played with this air many times and this is the fastest it's ever gone out alignment wise on. I don't know what happened. Today I have a freaking blow out on my car while I was on my way to the shop. I change it to my spare. Its a stock is350 18. They told me they can't do the Alignment with the spare so they are going to put the rim with the blown tire on just to align it and tomorrow I will get a new tire put on.

So I finally came to a decision, when I leave the country in 3 weeks the car will be at original garage. I'll keep all the other mods I done on the car but it will be back on stock wheels and suspension! Another problem that I have is what size spacer to use up front since I am running RCAs and the LS400 brakes. If anyone knows post up. Anyways I'm just ranting lol anyways again hit me up people all this stuff I needs to go bye bye!
Old 11-13-11, 01:24 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Wouldn't be worth the hassle to me either.

Stock suspension for me.
Old 11-13-11, 02:02 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Wow it seems like you go through something every so often. I remember you were contemplating selling the car after your first paint job. Good luck with whatever you do with it.
Old 11-13-11, 02:11 PM
Lextasy671
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh man...frustration kills. i just started with my build and the suspension parts are the ones that's irritating me already. hope everything works out for you.
Old 11-13-11, 02:42 PM
aristo123
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sounds like me when i had my is300. I found every reason to complain about it. Then after selling it, i regret it. I guess thats normal since we always miss what we use to have. Well, if there are parts you decide to sell then im keeping my funds ready.
Old 11-14-11, 01:51 AM
fuzzzz
Lexus Test Driver

sigh .. our cars man ...
Old 11-14-11, 02:21 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Yes our cars ..... This car has been a nightmare since day 1 but I'm going to take the most notable mods off 1st rims and suspension. I had the alignment done and it still pulls horribly to the right does anyone have any comment or suggestion as to what might be the problem?

If I can't find stockie suspension. By tomorrow I will be just getting bc coilovers from the shop. Does anyone know if I can use a 25 mm spacer up front with a stock 16 to clear the LS brake and front RCA?
Old 11-14-11, 02:53 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Its not the car, its your mod choices.. The GS's already have a finicky suspension and then you have air. I don't think LEXUS ever intended our cars to have air ride, except for the LS but stock is so different than aftermarket so don't blame the ride, blame your mods. I've had many different drop setups and now on coils and I feel my car is way better than stock and i have no issues at all (it even rides better). So weigh it for what it is rather than "the car's" fault.. My 2 cents.
Old 11-14-11, 05:08 AM
bonson
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by handoverfi
I have a freaking blow out on my car while I was on my way to the shop. I change it to my spare. Its a stock is350 18. They told me they can't do the Alignment with the spare so they are going to put the rim with the blown tire on just to align it!
You need to have all 4 tires properly and equally inflated to get an alignment done right.
My car pulls to the right due to a caster issue we have . car is all OEM stock parts.
Old 11-14-11, 05:19 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ehh i got the same issue lol sometimes. its not cool but i can deal with it.
but yeah you need to have all 4 tires on like bonson said to do the alignment done correctly

Last edited by Debonair; 11-14-11 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-14-11, 05:50 AM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Is it me or are lexus cars dropping so much in value that middle schoolers can purchase them.

Last edited by Debonair; 11-14-11 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11-14-11, 06:37 AM
stevenjai
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
Its not the car, its your mod choices.. The GS's already have a finicky suspension and then you have air. I don't think LEXUS ever intended our cars to have air ride, except for the LS but stock is so different than aftermarket so don't blame the ride, blame your mods. I've had many different drop setups and now on coils and I feel my car is way better than stock and i have no issues at all (it even rides better). So weigh it for what it is rather than "the car's" fault.. My 2 cents.
I have to agree
Old 11-14-11, 10:52 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Well it's fine the air is coming out and I can't find stock struts so i have no choice but to go coilovers now.. But I'm not putting after markets wheels on for a minutes I'll just run 1" spacers up front to clear my LS break with the stock 16 and just put my stock on the rear and just get the alignment.
Old 11-14-11, 12:18 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by handoverfi
I had the alignment done and it still pulls horribly to the right does anyone have any comment or suggestion as to what might be the problem?

Sorry to hear your woes and hate to see a nice ride go back to stock.

I don't know your history with suspension issues and I'm not sure where you go to get alignments, but I a highly skilled alignment shop that specializes in lowered cars needs to look at your issue. This is not a job for Firestone, Americas Tire, etc.

I can't really recommend any shop in your area, but just for example, a quick search popped up with this one.

http://swalignment.com/

This may not answer your problem, but I found it interesting they put this up on their Home Page:

In many cases TIRES may cause the vehicle to pull in a given direction even after a SPEC’D alignment has been performed. For example: DIRECTIONAL TIRES are commonly known to
follow the CROWN of the road and cause a pull to either side. Additionally, a worn or used tire, or tires that are miss-matched in BRAND, SIZE, or TREAD PATTERN (1 TOYO, 1 GOODYEAR, 1 KUMHO, 1 PIRELLI) in any combination or setup thereof can cause the vehicle to pull to the left or right. Any doubt of this can be verified with a guide check at any NEW CAR DEALER to see how many BRAND NEW CARS are for sale on the lot with miss-matched tires. IT JUST DOES NOT HAPPEN !!!!!!!!

Last edited by RMMGS4; 11-14-11 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-14-11, 02:28 PM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Modding a car can be frustrating at times, ive thought about parting ways with my GS also and buy something family oriented with very minor mods. Too much hassle worrying about rubbing, driving late nights, Valeting, etc.

Quick Reply: Fed up with this car......