GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Fed up with this car......

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-11, 11:19 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I bit the bullet when I bought the suspension thinking it wouldn't rub but o well! 1st suspension I bought was Megans they were great but wanted cups and coils so then I bought airforce cup kit..m I did have some problems with that kit but it was installer error but i got it straight. Well UAs was cool for a little bit but had minor rubbing issues and Just started have alignment issues. So in the last 2 days I tried to find stock suspension and nothing. So OG hooked it up with bc coils and they ride nice. But they are set high with stock wheels. It's ol for now. I went thru many wheels bc I just wanted to lol the bs5 I will be getting soon will be they very last set I buy for this car..

Before this I was going to buy gs3tomw airrunner but I backed out. I couldn't justify buying another setup bc of alignment issues. To me air is air and I will have the same issues. I had it with air after this experience and I dont want it anymore..

Anyways I'll see sup in the next coming months
Old 11-16-11, 11:23 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Whats your point tryitonce. Go make your own thread

I haven't done my alignment yet, but will once I get my coilovers.. Try going back stock and alignment see if it still does it and slowly move from there on
Old 11-16-11, 11:24 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by tryitonce
My GS300 rides wonderfully on BC racing coilovers....no alignment or ride issues

My Car has been modded alot....I have boosted it also....need help getting it to run correctly with the AEM fic..

yeah....I posted pics...this Man says he hates his car...I love mine and show it....and what ?
Old 11-16-11, 12:23 PM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

Tryitonce we know you love your cars, why don't you make your own thread instead of posting it here?

Op, sucks you're having issues, but I kinda agree and have been telling you since you started modding to do it right. It's not rare to mod a car and daily it and not have issues.
I think with you rolling on coils will be best for you.
Old 11-16-11, 12:47 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MrExecutiv
Tryitonce we know you love your cars, why don't you make your own thread instead of posting it here?

Op, sucks you're having issues, but I kinda agree and have been telling you since you started modding to do it right. It's not rare to mod a car and daily it and not have issues.
I think with you rolling on coils will be best for you.
Yea I know ! Sigh lol but it's ok I think If I do continue to mod the last and final mod will be the umbrella front cups with my bc's and just rock my rims I'm getting rebuilt.
Old 11-16-11, 02:23 PM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

Cups and coils are the way to go.
Old 11-16-11, 02:53 PM
sinistervr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so you sold your cup kits to go full air, and now going to sell the full air to ride on coilovers and go back to cups?

as for your wheels they will be awesome! im static on bc and my wheels are 9.5+15 and 10.5+25 but i am re-lipping them .5 wider all around so they will now be 10+9 and 11+19 so we will be just about the same set up
Old 11-16-11, 03:27 PM
chknlittle
Pole Position

Sucks to hear ur going thru da bull ish...i hope u keep it . Speaking from experience with maintenance and after market mods, u will regret selling it in the end .
Old 11-18-11, 02:30 AM
I.B.dAt.Fo
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about all the mishaps. On a positive note you are going to love ur bs5. Here is pic that got me falling in love with them. Ending up getting them refinished a few months ago. Loving them.
Old 11-18-11, 03:03 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sinistervr
so you sold your cup kits to go full air, and now going to sell the full air to ride on coilovers and go back to cups?

as for your wheels they will be awesome! im static on bc and my wheels are 9.5+15 and 10.5+25 but i am re-lipping them .5 wider all around so they will now be 10+9 and 11+19 so we will be just about the same set up
good luck with your wheels! I sold them bc I was in a accident 2 summers ago and they were damaged! So I needed new stuff!

Originally Posted by MrExecutiv
Cups and coils are the way to go.
word!

Originally Posted by I.B.dAt.Fo
Sorry to hear about all the mishaps. On a positive note you are going to love ur bs5. Here is pic that got me falling in love with them. Ending up getting them refinished a few months ago. Loving them.
I agrees! But I'm starting to miss the 7 series wheels again I saw the ones in the fs forums made me miss mine
Old 11-18-11, 08:57 AM
JiBBeL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by handoverfi
your right once you start modding it is less reliable....I love the look but it's not practical. People do have problems just don't post them.
I think ya hit the nail on the head. Nobody wants to brag about the $5k they just spent to make their car look cool... only to turn around and complain now they can't ride 4-deep on public roads.

For what it's worth, I've always been jealous of people whose fenders just sit so perfectly on top of a 20" tire pokin out the side... But my car's been on springs with a 2" + drop for 4 years with no issues. Alignment is perfect. No vibrations. Decent ride. Tire wear is good.

Sure, I've got a 1-finger gap that makes me reluctant to even post a pic on the 2GS forum and get 20 posts saying "LOWER!!!!", but I've put 50k miles on my setup daily driving. As preventative maint at 100k, I did replace ball joints, tie rods, and new daizen bushings in the control arms since I wanted it to stay tight for another 100k miles.

IMO, if it's a show car, have fun with your air and your crazy low coil-overs... but if you use this car to get to work, pick up your in-laws from the airport, take coworkers out to lunch? Throw some daizen or espelir springs on for the most drop on springs and call it a day.
Old 11-18-11, 10:15 AM
sinistervr
Lead Lap

good luck with your wheels! I sold them bc I was in a accident 2 summers ago and they were damaged! So I needed new stuff!

word!

I agrees! But I'm starting to miss the 7 series wheels again I saw the ones in the fs forums made me miss mine
i thought you just said you wheels were in cali being refinished
Old 11-18-11, 02:10 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

They are , my lowenhart bs5 are in Cali getting rebarreled!

I had 7 series wheels last year and then I sold them for real m6 wheels! Damaged 1 of the real wheels then picked up the replica m6 wheels to use the rears for my front ! But 2 days ago I sold the reps! Now I still have a full set of real m6 wheels with one front damaged wheel I need to still get rid of!

It can get a little confusing! Besides I bought 7 lowenhart bs5 for 175 lol to make 1 set of wheels! I sent those out while all the other crap I listed above happened!
Old 11-18-11, 06:09 PM
sinistervr
Lead Lap

They are , my lowenhart bs5 are in Cali getting rebarreled!

I had 7 series wheels last year and then I sold them for real m6 wheels! Damaged 1 of the real wheels then picked up the replica m6 wheels to use the rears for my front ! But 2 days ago I sold the reps! Now I still have a full set of real m6 wheels with one front damaged wheel I need to still get rid of!

It can get a little confusing! Besides I bought 7 lowenhart bs5 for 175 lol to make 1 set of wheels! I sent those out while all the other crap I listed above happened!
thats what im talking about.. your wheels being refinished are going to be the same specs as mine
Old 11-19-11, 06:31 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic
LOL @ posting pics of your ride ^^ There's hundreds of us not having issues....let's all post pics of our car on his thread.
ha ha way to go Thomas

Quick Reply: Fed up with this car......