GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Ordering online with Sewell

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-11, 09:50 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Ordering online with Sewell

I went and registered on their site so I could get my discount. For the LBJ's, it will be $133 with shipping. My questions is, how can I call the online service parts dept. to get help with my order? There is no number listed on their site, you only have the option to send them a email. The reason why I want to call them is because I read that it takes around 2 business days just for them to put the order thru. I would rather call them so that I can expedite the order. I've ordered parts online with Infiniti's discount vendor and I always was able to give them a call directly.

For those who have used Sewell, did you just input your credit card info and submit order without calling them? If so, do you get some type of email stating the order went through with shipment carrier and estimate time of arrival? If they use Fed-Ex, I really need to speak with them to make sure they don't put "signature required" for the delivery due to me living in a apt. and I typically return home after their delivery times. I would rather them leave it at the leasing office.

Sorry for all the questions...if anyone has Sewell's online dept. number, please post.
Old 09-20-11, 10:12 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Should you need somethign expedited, you'll have multiple shipping options at checkout. FOr items that show in stock (like the LBJ's) they usually ship same day. Ordering is fast and easy!

Darrel
Old 09-20-11, 10:38 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

thanks for the response and you have your contact information which is a plus. Now my final unresolved question, do you use Fed-Ex or UPS? Will that information be provided after I submit? My reasoning is listed above. Thanks.
Old 09-20-11, 01:00 PM
starfyrels
Account under Legal Action - Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To be honest; I've ordered close to a grand of parts from sewell within the past year or so; small parts and mostly motor parts. I even ordered parts when they were in the transition of moving the site around.

I have to say, its sometimes easier to order through sewell than even going into the dealership for me. 90% of the time those numb-nuts at the parts counters have no clue what you are looking for unless its a part that they continously sell.

I get to look up the parts, pricing, and within a few days (3-4) tops they are at my door. I've emailed and called darrel and within a few hours or business hours I get a response. About 15-20 after you pay/order they send out an email.

If you need a part next day -- go get it from the dealer.
Old 09-21-11, 06:50 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Originally Posted by starfyrels
To be honest; I've ordered close to a grand of parts from sewell within the past year or so; small parts and mostly motor parts. I even ordered parts when they were in the transition of moving the site around.

I have to say, its sometimes easier to order through sewell than even going into the dealership for me. 90% of the time those numb-nuts at the parts counters have no clue what you are looking for unless its a part that they continously sell.

I get to look up the parts, pricing, and within a few days (3-4) tops they are at my door. I've emailed and called darrel and within a few hours or business hours I get a response. About 15-20 after you pay/order they send out an email.

If you need a part next day -- go get it from the dealer.
This sums up everthing that I'm looking for EXCEPT...did you parts come in by Fed-Ex or UPS? That's very important to me.
Old 09-21-11, 08:08 AM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GokuSSJ3
This sums up everthing that I'm looking for EXCEPT...did you parts come in by Fed-Ex or UPS? That's very important to me.
GokuSSJ3 - you're probably better off filling out the form on SewellPartsOnline or sending a PM to Sewell on CL. They are VERY responsive and seem very appreciative of our business. Contact them now for your questions. I'll flag this thread for a mod to close.
Old 09-21-11, 10:19 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by starfyrels
I've emailed and called darrel and within a few hours or business hours I get a response.
this is pretty dead on, communication MOST of the time is very good. sometimes though i cant get a answer via PM,email, or a phone call though.i would say 9.5 out of 10 everything is above par.

i have gotten EVERYTHING from them via fedex. i have it delivered to my work since it requires a signature. ordered close to 5-6k worth of stuff in the last 4-5 years or so and had few issues (hell since 6/10 i have done $1925.18)....not thrilled about the 10% restock they charged me last time when i returned a few small parts since i do buy some much from them but i guess it is what it is or it's personal....not sure which.

i will tell you this though even though i have had a few issues darrel has gone above and beyond for me SEVERAL times and done stuff no other dealer would have EVER done for me and i value their business (and the discount they offer)

Last edited by sakataj; 09-21-11 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-21-11, 11:26 AM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Originally Posted by ZippyGuy
GokuSSJ3 - you're probably better off filling out the form on SewellPartsOnline or sending a PM to Sewell on CL. They are VERY responsive and seem very appreciative of our business. Contact them now for your questions. I'll flag this thread for a mod to close.
Flag to close for what!?!?! Nothing negative was said about Sewell and I was waiting for Sewell or another poster to answer the Fed-Ex question in this thread. I'm glad Sakataj came in with this detailed response.

Originally Posted by sakataj
this is pretty dead on, communication MOST of the time is very good. sometimes though i cant get a answer via PM,email, or a phone call though.i would say 9.5 out of 10 everything is above par.

i have gotten EVERYTHING from them via fedex. i have it delivered to my work since it requires a signature. ordered close to 5-6k worth of stuff in the last 4-5 years or so and had few issues (hell since 6/10 i have done $1925.18)....not thrilled about the 10% restock they charged me last time when i returned a few small parts since i do buy some much from them but i guess it is what it is or it's personal....not sure which.

i will tell you this though even though i have had a few issues darrel has gone above and beyond for me SEVERAL times and done stuff no other dealer would have EVER done for me and i value their business (and the discount they offer)
Thanks bud! Now I know that I will need to place this order over the phone so I can deliver it to my leasing office since it required the signature. I def. do value the discount so I plan on calling Darrel with the number he has listed on his sig to place the order over the phone.
Old 09-21-11, 01:07 PM
aprince1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once you place the order you are given shipping options of price and it will tell you which carrier it will come by. It depends on your location.
Also I have never had to sign for my delivery from Sewell.
Old 09-21-11, 01:09 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sit...us-sewell.html
Old 09-21-11, 01:31 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by aprince1
Once you place the order you are given shipping options of price and it will tell you which carrier it will come by. It depends on your location.
Also I have never had to sign for my delivery from Sewell.
well maybe cause mine are delivered to work, we have to sign for everything that comes into a commercial building so i figured they automatically did.

i have had a few issues but nothing like this. sewell is a established member/vendor i dont see this happening like you say it panned out
Old 09-21-11, 02:49 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Well good for you. But for me, this is my experience. I say it how I see it. It's really frustrating when you wait so long for the parts to arrive and plan out everything before it arrives then making everything fit to your schedule and not to mention how hard it is to work under the sun when you don't have a garage to work in and also you're under pressure of finishing everything on time. Then, and just then, when you expect high rated customer service you deal with very rude people who'd transfer you to a recording every time you call and it takes you about 3 times to call back just for someone to pick up the line because if you wait for their call back it would take them a week and a half to call you back. I see alot of people on here never had to deal with this kind of hassle, I must've been very unlucky, but like I said, this is my experience.