GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Garage Door Programming

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-02, 11:58 AM
G4Titan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garage Door Programming

Does anyone know how to program the garage door opener on the GS400??
Old 09-26-02, 01:07 PM
TimDimman
Pole Position

Press and hold the Lexus garage door opener button (one of the three) and wait (while holding).

After something like 20-25s it will start to blink slowly.

When it starts blinking, continue to hold the button, and move your garage door opener close to the Lexus garage door button (that you are currently pressing).

Press and hold your garage door button.

After the Lexus garage door opener has accepted the code from your garage door opener, it will begin to rapidly blink. You can now release your garage door opener button, and you can release the Lexus garage door opener button.

The Lexus is now programmed.

If your garage door opener is newer, it might have revolving codes...

If this is the case, then you now need to teach your garage door opener about your Lexus.

There should be a "learning" button on the opener itself, and you will need to follow the directions on the opener to program it.

Good luck!

Tim
Old 09-26-02, 01:21 PM
G4Titan
Driver

Thanks bro.. I will try that tonight
Old 09-26-02, 03:30 PM
mdw131
Lead Lap

Will this work on gates? I have a gate to get in my complex and a gate to leave the complex...Both use a remote control to open them but each has their own button. The remote has two buttons i'm saying, one opens a gate and one closes a gate.
Old 09-26-02, 05:27 PM
TimDimman
Pole Position

Well, if its RF, it should work.

You have 3 buttons, so as long as you only have 1 garage door opener (or you trained all your garage doors to work with one remote) then you can program each button individually...

One to open the gate, one to open/close your garage door, and one to open the common area exiting gate.

Tim
Old 09-27-02, 10:59 AM
panther_v
Rookie

here is a link to homelink's webiste. it shows how to program your remote to operate both fix and rolling code garage openers. don't forget to reset before programming them. good luck

http://www.homelink.com/program/programming.tml
Old 09-27-02, 11:26 AM
Guru
Lead Lap

If your has rolling code like mine you have to follow Tim's directions and then find the learn button on your garage door motor. Usually jmsut a big button, push and hold and voila, done.
Old 09-27-02, 02:33 PM
TimDimman
Pole Position

Originally posted by Guru
If your has rolling code like mine you have to follow Tim's directions and then find the learn button on your garage door motor. Usually jmsut a big button, push and hold and voila, done.
LOL...

You know Guru, this is the first thing I did. Pressing and holding the "Shiny big red button" on my garage door opener cleared ALL my remotes!!!

My garage was a pain in the &ss in that I had to hold the garage door opener in the Lexus down, while I quickly pressed the garage door button...

After I got that long 2 arm stretch balancing act done, I had to re-program the rest of my remotes

Be careful of what your garage door opener says.

Tim
Old 09-27-02, 05:51 PM
panther_v
Rookie

Post yep, you are right on...

the only time that you need to mess with the button on the garage door motor is when you are ready to program your homelink remote.

in case you still have trouble programming it, here is what i did...

i have a chamberlain/lift master garage door opener.

before i did anything, i reset the homelink remote by holding outter 2 buttons for 20+ secs. the red light will come on, then flash. release buttons after red light starts flashing.

next step is to let your homelink remote to learn the garage door opener remote's frequency. you can do this by pressing your garage door remote, then press the button on the homelink that you want to be programmed. hold both buttons until the red light flashes from slow to fast. after this, you can verify this by pressing the button that you had just programmed. if it flashes for 2 sec then turns solid, you have successfully programmed rolling code. if your garage door opener has fixed code, press the newly programmed button; your garage door should operate.

the following step is critical. in order to make your newly programmed homelink remote to open/close your rolling code opener, you need to sync them. this is where you should refer to your opener's instruction manual. each brand has its own way of programming remotes. the following is for lift master / chamberlein openers:

locate the button on the opener motor body. press once and run to your car and press the button that you just programmed (usually there is a 15 sec lag time before the learning mode turns off). if you see your garage door motor light flashes once, you have just successfully programmed it!! now press the button in your car and your garage door should close.

if it didnt work, just go back and redo the whole thing. when i first programmed my remotes, it took me 4 or 5 tries before i could get it work; so be patient!

you can also program your homelink remote to turn on/off lights, and many other functions! you can read on the homelink instruction manual at http://www.homelink.com/program/hlmanual.pdf

good luck...

sorry for the long message.
Old 09-27-02, 08:58 PM
LexusPia
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

It only took the Lexus salesman no more than 30 seconds to program the car's homelink buttons at the dealership with our remote units. Not quite sure what he did but he programmed them by putting the remote units next to the car's homelink buttons. They worked like magic with no problems at all.
Old 04-21-11, 12:58 PM
jlblan2
Driver School Candidate

HOMELINK IN-CAR REMOTE PROGRAMMING INSTRUCTIONS FOR GENIE GARAGE DOOR OPENERS (It is a two step process)

To program a built-in-car transmitter to a rolling code garage door opener (Genie rolling code is called Intellicode, Liftmaster/Sears is called Security plus), you should take the following steps.

Clear out anything previously programmed into the in-car system from the factory by holding down on the 2-outside buttons simultaneously, until the in-car LED starts flashing rapidly. This may take up to a minute (in most cases, the key should be on auxilary, and/or the car door must be shut).
Decide which button you want to make to be your in-car garage door transmitter. Hold your transmitter up near the selected button, pressing both the garage door remote and the selected in-car transmitter button simultaneously. Hold down on the buttons until the in-car, LED light flashes rapidly. This sets the in-car remote transmitter to be your garage door openers make transmitter, but you are not done. You now need to make this in-car transmitter your personal transmitter.
Go to the Learn Button on your garage door opener. The button is usually next to the area where the floppy antenna is connected to the motor head. With Genie it is most often behind the light lens, and an indicator light flashes red when pressed. With Sears or Liftmaster (Chamberlain) it is near, or part of, the terminal screw board, and is a red, green or purple square button with a green, amber or purple indicator light. Press this learn button momentarily. The indicator light will turn on and blink if Genie or otherwise stay lit. For Genie systems, go back to the in-car transmitter button you programmed and press this button 3 or 4 times, or until the door starts moving. This should set your in-car transmitter to your garage door opener. For Liftmaster, Sears, or Linear Megacode press and hold the in-car button you programmed until the garage opener light flashes. Your in-car is now programmed to operate your door.
Old 04-21-11, 01:03 PM
jasonb75
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy thread resurrection Batman..
Old 04-21-11, 02:05 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by jlblan2
HOMELINK IN-CAR REMOTE PROGRAMMING INSTRUCTIONS FOR GENIE GARAGE DOOR OPENERS
a noob,searching

Originally Posted by jasonb75
Holy thread resurrection Batman..
true true BUT MUCH better than opening a new thread about it
Old 04-21-11, 02:28 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

There are instructions step by step in the Manual. If you still have it.
Old 04-21-11, 02:38 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
There are instructions step by step in the Manual. If you still have it.
quit being debbie downer john im still stoked to see a newb search

Quick Reply: Garage Door Programming