GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS without a CD changer pic?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-12, 12:31 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

for ****s sake man.....so after paying all this i get another invoice from this SOB saying the first one didnt include US shipping and i now owe $63 more. WTF? so you didnt tell me about this $25 handling charge up front, the $8 COD fee up front, the $36 shipping to you (from Japan to Japan.....this just seems so high to me for Domestic Japan shipping to Japan shipping and i do international shipping all the time),the additional US shipping (i thought was included in the last shipping invoice) and he refused to remove just this panel insert to ship to me insisting on shipping me the whole glovebox (throw the rest away or sell it or do we you want with it its held in by 4 tabs why cant you just remove it).

so i bought a whole glovebox (through him) for $12 USD and someone it came out to almost $100 with all these hidden fees and now its an extra $63 dollars? COME ON, i pleaded with him since he didnt inform me of the $25 handling fee, $8 COD fee, And $36 shipping fee to split it with me but to no avail so i ended up settling with him for and extra $50....man i got taken. im done with the dude and almost all of you know him although he isnt a member on here i dont think (when i get the part i will tell you who it was)

im so frustrated with everything lately im really starting to give up on everything
Old 12-04-12, 10:27 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

so after all that talk about he wouldnt remove anything and had to ship me the whole glovebox he didnt..........he just shipped me the interior portion of it which is all i really needed anyways but after the speech about you wont remove anything and then charging me $90 for shipping im pretty annoyed about this Taba (yes Taba from JSZINTERNATIONAL got the better of me on this deal, needless to say i wont ever use them again) not to mention i sold the exterior part of the glovebox to a canadian member with a RHD and had to refund him when i didnt get that part so im out all this $ cause of Taba

well so i got the part in (wrapped in cardboard no protection on it but luckily it made it here fine.....one thing to note, while we were all under the assumption it was a pull out piece it is not, its built into the interior plastic

and now let me tell you i did something stupid i normally wouldnt do, before checking to see if this whole insert would fit my car i decided i would just unfasten (they are bonded with some type of plastic adhesion which breaks free pretty easily) the "pocket piece" and just use that in my car (my thought process was since it was a RHD model it wouldnt fit and i didnt even think about checking it till i had broken the piece out) well after i broke it out i decided i would try and see if it fit the car......much to my dismay it does seem to align correctly (the wires on the light would have to be extended and the cd changer pocket would be on the other side which may or may not cause clearance issues behind it on the USDM models but visually it looks to line up fine) when i remove the glovebox i will test fit it as a whole and if it fits i will attempt to re-glue this back together,or just use the pocket and modify it to mine or push come to shove i will reorder this piece from another connection BCHDAZ has supplied me with and hope not to get raped on this one also

Last edited by sakataj; 12-14-12 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-24-12, 07:26 AM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I need to remove my CD changer from the GS by tomorrow.
Anyone know how many screws perhaps location to get it out?
Old 12-24-12, 07:56 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lowKut
I need to remove my CD changer from the GS by tomorrow.
Anyone know how many screws perhaps location to get it out?
as i said in the Pm mark, remove the black portion that covers this and take a look. its really easy afterwards
Old 12-24-12, 09:31 PM
doug118
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very confused. My GS doesn't have a cd changer and has that exact glovebox. I assumed alot of these cars came like that?

Last edited by doug118; 12-25-12 at 06:27 AM.
Old 12-25-12, 10:46 AM
doug118
Rookie

Does anyone have a picture of their glovebox with the cd changer removed?
Old 12-26-12, 10:09 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by doug118
I'm very confused. My GS doesn't have a cd changer and has that exact glovebox. I assumed alot of these cars came like that?

mother****er...........so they DID make a LHD cd changer delete. FML
Old 12-26-12, 11:17 AM
doug118
Rookie

Originally Posted by sakataj
mother****er...........so they DID make a LHD cd changer delete. FML
Judging by your reaction, this is VERY rare part?
Old 12-26-12, 11:28 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Judging by your reaction, this is VERY rare part?
kind of.....i havent ever seen a LHD model without a cd changer but you def prove they existed. i just imported a RHD model and was/am gonna plastic weld it into my surround if i cant find a LHD model one
Old 12-26-12, 11:32 AM
doug118
Rookie

kind of.....i havent ever seen a LHD model without a cd changer but you def prove they existed. i just imported a RHD model and was/am gonna plastic weld it into my surround if i cant find a LHD model one

They sure do exist. If you've never seen one, then it's rare
Old 12-26-12, 12:44 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Brian you should convince doug118 to sell you his LHD piece or just trade your oem cd changer with him and sell me that RHD piece that you got.
Old 12-26-12, 03:05 PM
doug118
Rookie

Originally Posted by puff
Brian you should convince doug118 to sell you his LHD piece or just trade your oem cd changer with him and sell me that RHD piece that you got.

Puff help me find a non-sunroof headliner
Old 12-26-12, 05:14 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Puff help me find a non-sunroof headliner
I'll let you know by spring time. I may be changing out my roof when I go into the body shop.
Old 12-26-12, 10:04 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

im trying to.....waiting on him to decide what he wants for it.

btw look at post # 32, its now separated so you would need to reattach it (wouldn't be hard) but i was fixing to plastiweld it into my old one so i def had to separate it (although if i had to do it again, i would just plastiweld the mounting arm from the LHD one onto the RHD and use it as a whole
Old 12-27-12, 11:15 AM
doug118
Rookie

Question

I'll let you know by spring time. I may be changing out my roof when I go into the body shop.
Damn I wish you were closer. I'd swap roofs with you in a heartbeat. I prefer to swap out entire roofs over welding in sunroof deletes

Quick Reply: GS without a CD changer pic?