gs300 with bmw wheels. - Club Lexus Forums


gs300 with bmw wheels.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-11, 05:06 AM   #1
trickz
Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
trickz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 165
Default gs300 with bmw wheels.

hi i have a question. i seen the posts up for the gs300 with 745i rims on them but didnt get a good answer from the posts. if i redrill the 745i rims will i still need a spacer? if so what size spacer?

Also if i was to get an adapter does it really have to be 19mm? i dont want them to stick out like crazy but i do have UAS airbags

please let me a good answer
trickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 07:59 AM   #2
Debonair
iModerate
 
Debonair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: 408 NOR CAL
Posts: 3,254
Default

I am far from an expert on this subject but if you use an adapter it needs to be thick enough that the wheel does not make contact with the original studs. If the original studs are 19mm the you will probably need a equivalent adapter.
Debonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 08:53 PM   #3
trickz
Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
trickz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debonair View Post
I am far from an expert on this subject but if you use an adapter it needs to be thick enough that the wheel does not make contact with the original studs. If the original studs are 19mm the you will probably need a equivalent adapter.
yea i spoke to someone on here he just redrilled the holes and slapped them on with no problem.. i need a place that can redrill rims. but i dunno if it will affect my balance
trickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 11:22 PM   #4
Debonair
iModerate
 
Debonair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: 408 NOR CAL
Posts: 3,254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickz View Post
yea i spoke to someone on here he just redrilled the holes and slapped them on with no problem.. i need a place that can redrill rims. but i dunno if it will affect my balance
Wheels and tires are balanced from the center, not the lug holes so they should balance fine. As long as whatever shop does the re-drill for you knows what they are doing you should not have any issues.
Debonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-11, 10:50 PM   #5
Slydewayz
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 40
Default

Any luck fitting the 745i wheels on the GS?
Slydewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 04:04 PM   #6
chuydiaz
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: fl
Posts: 8
Default

i would like to know if u had any luck installing those rims in ur ride because i am interesteed in the same setup
thanks in advance.
chuydiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 07:40 PM   #7
YxUxMADDDD
Lead Lap
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 702
Default

Redrill you don't need adapters unless you meant Spacers? Depending how flush you want it to look or how far you want it to stick out. I'm using adapters from 5x114.3 to 5x120 from Adaptec since I'm not redrilling. Front is 20mm and rear is 25mm. I'm running 20x9/10.5 +25 all around on bags. Fender work done? Yes. Hope this helps. And as far as stock style 95 wheels, redrill and slap them on. I had the style 95 redrilled And slapped them on with no issues. Oh yea, hub rings is a must. For me at least.
YxUxMADDDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 10:21 PM   #8
cruisinvip
Driver
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: il
Posts: 109
Default

mine are redrilled and it looks and works just fine. My fenders arent even rolled. but thats with at 235 tire in the back.
cruisinvip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 10:25 PM   #9
WLGS01
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 209
Default

Like said above, you wont need a spacer if your wheels are redrilled unless you want the wheels to stick out more, but then again getting adapters in the first place might be cheaper. As far as having the wheels cleared from studs, I believe a 19mm spacer will do.
WLGS01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-12, 08:36 PM   #10
chuydiaz
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: fl
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YxUxMADDDD View Post
Redrill you don't need adapters unless you meant Spacers? Depending how flush you want it to look or how far you want it to stick out. I'm using adapters from 5x114.3 to 5x120 from Adaptec since I'm not redrilling. Front is 20mm and rear is 25mm. I'm running 20x9/10.5 +25 all around on bags. Fender work done? Yes. Hope this helps. And as far as stock style 95 wheels, redrill and slap them on. I had the style 95 redrilled And slapped them on with no issues. Oh yea, hub rings is a must. For me at least.
can u post some pics of ur ride to see how it looks before i take further steps please

thanks
chuydiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW 745 Wheels on a UCF1? djsurfer LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) 58 10-23-15 03:27 PM
CA WTB: 22" Rims for LS460 tq745 Wheels and Tires Classifieds 0 07-15-15 09:54 AM
New Wheels on!! How do i Pull My Fenders?? 7thgear GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) 32 03-30-12 05:47 PM
NJ BMW 745li Rims with New tires with 5x114 to 5x120 adapters! looks sick [Vouched] trickz Wheels and Tires Classifieds 21 11-14-11 12:00 PM
745 Li or S500? saelee39 Car Chat 22 09-12-08 04:51 AM


Tags
2nd, 745, affect, bmw, bronx, generation, good, gs, gs300, lexus, redrilling, rims, strength, wheel, wheels

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:08 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved