GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

HELP! Wiring a 2jzgte vvti to a 2nd gen GS300

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-11, 11:47 AM
AristoGuy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Wiring a 2jzgte vvti to a 2nd gen GS300

Okay I am a complete noob at wiring. However I want to do this myself because of the cost a shop. I have some guides that could help but was wondering if anyone on here who knows about wiring could help me out. I live in Maryland. My email is deepak.sharma.nhs@gmail.com Here is the guide I was looking at
http://www.supras.nl/index.php?optio...d=34&Itemid=50

ANY help will be appreciated.
Old 07-11-11, 01:09 PM
98sleeper
Driver

Google warning:

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
www.supras.nl contains malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Old 07-11-11, 06:23 PM
AMSMIKE
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AristoGuy
Okay I am a complete noob at wiring. However I want to do this myself because of the cost a shop.
That should be your First RED FLAG!

once you try and fry stuff. You will end up paying more than having it done right the first time.
Old 07-11-11, 06:26 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Wiring a GTE is a huge amount of work, thats why it costs a lot.

It is best to save the money and get it done properly or else you are asking for trouble.

If you are in MD, why not drive down to SRT ?
Old 07-11-11, 06:32 PM
Wicked GS
Lead Lap

Exactly what they said, it's worth shelling out the money to pay someone, those ECU's are sensitive
Old 07-12-11, 06:22 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't do it yourself dude...r u nuts....don't make us all look like cheap owners...pay the pro...trust me
Old 07-12-11, 06:33 AM
gijohnnyb
Driver

What? Isn't it like one wire that needs to be pin swapped to get the swap running?

OP, I would search for you and find the thread that has the info you need but my tactical internet is running slow as ****e...do a search.
Old 07-12-11, 07:14 AM
Wicked GS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gijohnnyb
What? Isn't it like one wire that needs to be pin swapped to get the swap running?

OP, I would search for you and find the thread that has the info you need but my tactical internet is running slow as ****e...do a search.
This is exactly what we are talking about, its more involved than just one pin; like the previous have stated if it were that simple, many of us would have done it our selves ... If you want to take that road, an we would all hope it would be a success for you if you did; we are simply looking out for a fellow CL memeber .... Just remember you said it yourself you're a *** when it comes to this, like many of us are when it comes to wiring, myself included
Old 07-12-11, 07:24 AM
gijohnnyb
Driver

Originally Posted by Wicked GS
This is exactly what we are talking about, its more involved than just one pin; like the previous have stated if it were that simple, many of us would have done it our selves ... If you want to take that road, an we would all hope it would be a success for you if you did; we are simply looking out for a fellow CL memeber .... Just remember you said it yourself you're a *** when it comes to this, like many of us are when it comes to wiring, myself included
I am not saying it is going to be literally one pin. I guess I shouldn't exaggerate via the internet because it never gets translated right. However, as far as I have researched, depending on a few variables, like year of the GS and if you are dropping in a stock VVTi motor, the wiring isn't as complicated as many make it out to be.

It is normal to get misinformation on forums and being that it is a swap, nothing is ever set in stone...everyone runs into unique issues but I think if you apply yourself you can find the answer and be able to go around having a shop overcharge you.

OP, it took me like an hour to load these pages but I know somewhere on this forum the answer you need is available because I have seen it myself...I just can't recall exactly where.

Aristo 2JZGTE Harness puzzle Figured Out
2JZGTE Conversion Page 11

Somewhere around pg 11 in the second link there is info and pics. Again, my internet is slow so I didn't read through the entire thread...but these will give you a place to start.
Old 07-12-11, 07:51 AM
gijohnnyb
Driver

Here is another good thread htowncory's swap
Old 07-12-11, 01:59 PM
AristoGuy
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the advice guys. I decided to use the money I have right now to get my GS repainted and get some rims. I will get a shop to do it next summer for around 2500 turn key labor.
Old 07-12-11, 05:08 PM
NVTHSLEX
Lead Lap

Thanks for all the advice guys. I decided to use the money I have right now to get my GS repainted and get some rims. I will get a shop to do it next summer for around 2500 turn key labor.

Thats a good move, I drove over 27+ hrs last year to get my GTE swap done properly.
Old 07-12-11, 08:25 PM
AristoGuy
Driver School Candidate

The place im looking at is in Flordia. If anyone knows a better place around MD tell me about it.
Old 07-12-11, 08:47 PM
Wicked GS
Lead Lap

The place im looking at is in Flordia. If anyone knows a better place around MD tell me about it.
Where exactly in FL ?
Old 07-13-11, 07:05 AM
R1CH13R1CH
Driver School Candidate

I think there is a guy here in Florida, he did my friends wiring for his supra when he did the swap for $600. The wiring is the hardest part of the swap, if you get that done, you can do the rest on your own.

Quick Reply: HELP! Wiring a 2jzgte vvti to a 2nd gen GS300