GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

2GS MEMBERS PLEASE READ: Re-establishing a sense of community in the 2Gen GS forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-11, 08:49 AM
nick02895
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i def agree im kinda new to CL i appreciate all the good people, help, and support that i have been able to recieve and in turn give out thannks CLUB LEXUS

98' gs 400 Black on cream
Old 10-22-11, 08:52 AM
nick02895
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jegMAN
Super like. So many haters here hahahah
irrelevent i kno but i just had to go out of my way to type that you ARE BADDD
Old 10-22-11, 09:03 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I understand where you guys are coming from, but many people on here don't have unlimited amounts of time. Usually it's so easy for someone to search using terms like "nakamichi amplifier" or "SC subwoofer" or "Daizen sways" or "RX brake pads". Usually these are the very words that are typed in the sentence that was posted by whoever is asking the question. Why not type a couple of those in the search engine??? EVERYONE visiting here can type two words and can read. The POINT that everyone is missing is that there is a TON OF INFORMATION on here!!! It's been put on here thru the long-term use of a lot of dedicated members, and a lot of hard work working on cars documenting, taking pics, etc. NO INDIVIDUAL POST can re-capture all of this info, it would take forever. The search engine here is like a virtual encyclopedia of Lexus.

I didn't hear ANYONE on here say that they weren't willing to help, noobs or otherwise. It's just a whole lot more productive on both ends if a search has been done first - more intelligent questions are asked, and more direct, complete, and useful answers are able to be given. It's not about being snooty AT ALL.
Old 11-20-11, 08:31 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks like I'm a bit late on this thread. Better late than never I guess heh.

Originally Posted by sakataj
if u ONLY saw my PM box rock, i help ALOT of people behind the scenes....and on top of them,regardless of how i come off

BTW your right how long does it take to do a simple informative reply, not long but in the same breath it can take that same simple amount of time to search, you have to be willing to see it both ways rock
I have to admit, I have reached this point as well lol. Also, my PM box gets filled up all the time, and I don't always have time to check it. When I do start replying, the freakin box gets filled then I have to go delete old messages. At that point I just say screw it then go do something else lol.

Sorry to those people who PM me.

I also used to post up a lot of technical guides and write ups. It seemed like it wasn't of use to many people so I don't really do it so much anymore. Also, my web server crashed 2 years ago and I lost my large DIY writeup collection over the years didn't help either lol.

I still build 2GS on my spare time, I just don't always post up about it now days.
Old 12-23-11, 09:00 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Jeff, sakataj, be rest assured we all truly appreciate your knowledge and expertise in all things 2GS and more.

you guys are great examples of what makes CL such a tight community and make it really the place to hang out, learn and share tidbits about our rides.

i hope things can remain what they are without all the BS going on and be like a family we once were
Old 12-29-11, 10:58 PM
BarkBark
Driver School Candidate

Default Greatings

Don't know if this is the right thread to introduce myself. Hello everyone from Marjah Afghanistan. My name is Jimmy and I am a Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps with 2nd Battalion 9th Marines. Originally from Hollywood Ca, now residing in J-Ville NC. I am new to CL and am honored to be a part of a great and proud community of Lexus owner. Proud owner of a 2000 GS300.
Old 01-01-12, 07:33 PM
LexiBlue
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2gs 4 life
Old 01-29-12, 03:29 AM
13Checkers
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for this thread, Mods.

Lurked here for a few years and liked what was going on, but when I finally signed up, was sorry to see that the place seemed to be going to 773H.

CPR looks like it's working. Good job!
Old 02-21-12, 09:32 AM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

what happened here?
Old 03-29-12, 05:06 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

A little disappointed with all of the personal attacks and harassment that has been going on lately.
Old 04-18-12, 10:08 PM
S2dannyKeo
Pole Position

so im pass my 30 days and 30 post minimum thing but why cant i post anything on the market?
Old 04-19-12, 11:21 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by S2dannyKeo
so im pass my 30 days and 30 post minimum thing but why cant i post anything on the market?
......u know this post belongs in here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sit...d-problems-14/

and not in the sense of community thread....
Old 04-19-12, 11:35 AM
98SBF
Driver School Candidate

I agree!!
Old 04-22-12, 10:30 PM
GS4TEK
Driver

I'm a new member and my gs400 is my first Lexus. Ever since I bought it 3 weeks ago, I rite away joinedl CL, this CL forum has helped me tremendously, especially being a new member with a 99Gs with 143k miles so I do have a lot of maintenance and mod questions ( hopefully i did not annoyed anyone) such as suspension ect...
I have also jointed LOC but CL is far better than LOC so I don't really visit LOC that much.
I'm now doing some regular maintenance and maybe some suspension works myself( i have gained knowledgeable skills) due to all of the helps and valuable resources in this forum. I wanna take this opportunity to express many thanks to everyone who had replied to my posts for help including all the forum Moderators. U guys are really KOOL!!!

CL has helped a lot of ppl like me and all around the world...

No word can describe how much I really like this CL...

Dave, Thank u very for much bringing this up

Last edited by GS4TEK; 04-22-12 at 10:36 PM.
Old 04-22-12, 10:33 PM
GS4TEK
Driver

Proud n honor to be a CL member!!!!

Quick Reply: 2GS MEMBERS PLEASE READ: Re-establishing a sense of community in the 2Gen GS forum