GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

your word on the Ksport air suspension kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-11, 11:35 AM
gsVIPdream
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default your word on the Ksport air suspension kit?

So I have Tanabe DF210 running 20 x 10 privats with a 245/35/20 tire size. I want to go lower. And I would love to be able to lower my car, and raise my car. I decided I will be doing an Air suspension kit on my 2GS300. I want to keep it under 3,500. I looked online and I saw the KSport Airtech Pro for about 3,200. Is this a good setup to run for my car? Reliable?
Old 03-29-11, 12:19 PM
antran08
Driver School Candidate

Bump! Hit up mvpchops he sells the pro kit for 2950. I also plan to buy it but need to find someone to install it lol
Old 03-29-11, 12:32 PM
gsVIPdream
Rookie

Originally Posted by antran08
Bump! Hit up mvpchops he sells the pro kit for 2950. I also plan to buy it but need to find someone to install it lol
Thanks! I'm gonna hit it up and do the install my self with minor help with the electrical wiring and all the fun stuff. But is this kit reliable?
Old 03-29-11, 08:58 PM
gsVIPdream
Rookie

Bump! I need your advice!!
Old 03-29-11, 09:23 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Please be advised that the kit names have changed, you'd have a hard time finding a pro-kit for the prices you are saying.

Regardless, I've had mine for 2 years now and love it to death. PM me with any questions.
Old 03-29-11, 09:39 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

i like mine. been reliable for me. Of course my management system aint ksport but its still a nice setup.

just a note.. when installing your kit do yourself a favor and shorten the fronts all the way and the backs leave about maybe half and inch or 3/4 of thread left. Just saying

enjoy
Old 03-29-11, 11:12 PM
michaelisf
Driver

Originally Posted by excluesive
Please be advised that the kit names have changed, you'd have a hard time finding a pro-kit for the prices you are saying.

Regardless, I've had mine for 2 years now and love it to death. PM me with any questions.
Do u know when u lower a ride it butterflys the tires do u know if that happens with air suspension? It looks like the wheels are same alignment as regular height? Looks like air suspension doesnt make tires butterfly is that true?
Old 03-29-11, 11:15 PM
michaelisf
Driver

Go call ksport they said they would sponser me for me flaging a sticker ksport at the car show they said they would give me a pro for$2300 shipped but found out it will cost me $1200 installed locally i dont have an is series yet but have plans when i do...
Old 03-29-11, 11:56 PM
gsVIPdream
Rookie

Originally Posted by michaelisf
Go call ksport they said they would sponser me for me flaging a sticker ksport at the car show they said they would give me a pro for$2300 shipped but found out it will cost me $1200 installed locally i dont have an is series yet but have plans when i do...
im going to be making a call to Ksport in the Near future it looks like!
Old 03-30-11, 01:30 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do u know when u lower a ride it butterflys the tires do u know if that happens with air suspension? It looks like the wheels are same alignment as regular height? Looks like air suspension doesnt make tires butterfly is that true?
See signature below... No one will be able to follow you.
Old 03-30-11, 11:21 AM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

I spent just under 4k for my setup and it is awesome. Similiar to Ksport kit, its the D2 air kit but combined with ridetech airpod. Full Front, Back, Side to Side control and all you have to do to install it is run 4 airlines to each bag and run three wires for power, ground and ignition. Everything comes mounted, tested and ready to go. Installation is a breeze. PM me for more info, prices etc.

Old 03-30-11, 04:50 PM
michaelisf
Driver

Originally Posted by kuWuPt
I spent just under 4k for my setup and it is awesome. Similiar to Ksport kit, its the D2 air kit but combined with ridetech airpod. Full Front, Back, Side to Side control and all you have to do to install it is run 4 airlines to each bag and run three wires for power, ground and ignition. Everything comes mounted, tested and ready to go. Installation is a breeze. PM me for more info, prices etc.

can u show me how ur ride looks with it and how trunk looks installed? whats warranty? do u know if u go airsuspension that the tires dont butterfly and mess up alignment? thanks
Old 03-30-11, 07:26 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

can u show me how ur ride looks with it and how trunk looks installed? whats warranty? do u know if u go airsuspension that the tires dont butterfly and mess up alignment? thanks
bags has nothing to do with the tires "butterfly-ing"
that is an alignment issue because the alignment is off.
u just need to align your car to the desired ride height u drive at. then every time u drive, your alignment is good and so tire wear will be good as well
Old 03-30-11, 08:18 PM
michaelisf
Driver

How much was instsll?
Old 03-30-11, 08:37 PM
rustednail
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just wrote a review on the ksport deluxe kit. Heres my thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ch-review.html

Quick Reply: your word on the Ksport air suspension kit?