GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

CAR STOLEN! I'm gonna kill someone!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-02, 01:08 AM
salimshah
Forum Moderator

Received 1,098 Likes on 988 Posts

Are the keys missing (lost/stolen) from the shop as well?

Salim
Old 08-21-02, 01:09 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, that is terrible! This is the second GS to be stolen from a member here in what, three months? It's not even my car, nor is it even remotely in my neighborhood, yet I truly have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomache when I read this story. Such a beautiful car lain to waste. Sorry about your situation GS4fun .
Old 08-21-02, 01:17 AM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manny,

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully the SOB or SOBs that are responsible are found. At least insurance will cover everything with the car, could have been worse had the wheels not been insured. Hope the car is recovered and in one piece with rims attached. Did you put Lo-Jack on the car? In any event, keep us updated and I'll keep an eye out for ya ride.
Old 08-21-02, 01:24 AM
ceoart
Pole Position

Unhappy

The body shop should be covering anything that your insurance does not like your deductible. It would not surprise me if they got lazy and left the keys to your car under the car matt or somewhere a thief could easily find. Do they keep the keys locked up? If so who has access to it? In any case I would definitely not use that body shop again.
Old 08-21-02, 01:25 AM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by salimshah
Are the keys missing (lost/stolen) from the shop as well?

Salim

Exactly what I was thinking. Find out if the shop still has the EXACT key you gave them, and if they have a key to give back, try and find a part number on it and make sure it is the one you gave them.

Find out if your key has been copied in the past few weeks.

I think this is definetly an inside job.

Sorry bro.
Old 08-21-02, 02:06 AM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

I have a question:

Do you have to put the Porshce symbol in these rims, or do they make diff. models that come with it already in?

(SEE ATTACHED PIC)
Attached Thumbnails CAR STOLEN!  I'm gonna kill someone!-i-1.jpg  
Old 08-21-02, 02:10 AM
1BomexLex
Lead Lap

its kinda like loosing one of loved ones...
as much as i see you have put into it
i would loose my mind if someone took off wiht my car

i feel for ya

why cant people get things the right way anymore
why take someone else's pride and joy
you earned it .. .not them .... you are the one who got the education and a job... and made the money
i cant stand people who have to cheat their way to get stuff

Last edited by 1BomexLex; 08-21-02 at 02:12 AM.
Old 08-21-02, 03:07 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Toog4me
I have a question:

Do you have to put the Porshce symbol in these rims, or do they make diff. models that come with it already in?

(SEE ATTACHED PIC)

Porsche symbols??? I don't see Porsche symbols, I see HRE symbols. The Porsche logo is way different. It's a coat of arms with a horse on it. There's a better arguement for HRE ressembling a Confoederatio Helvetica herald. Anyway, that is not a symbol I would want to ditch if I bought those rims. It is a symbol that is indicative of the highest build quality money can buy. Besides, I hardly think this is an appropriate thread to post that question on.
Old 08-21-02, 03:14 AM
RacingAristo

It's not a porsche symbol my friend. That's HRE's symbol.

Old 08-21-02, 03:40 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by lex400sc

Besides, I hardly think this is an appropriate thread to post that question on.
Exactly. we're sympathizing with Manny's excruciating pain here. not just a car, but a great car with great rims and extras. and the fact that this might be a planned inside job adds even more pain.

manny, can't imagine how you feel. i'd also look to get even, though that isn't the smartest way to do it. i hope your shop is at least trying to be fair and work with you, instead of just saying, "that's just bad luck for YOU!" good luck to you
Old 08-21-02, 05:59 AM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by lex400sc

Porsche symbols??? I don't see Porsche symbols, I see HRE symbols. The Porsche logo is way different. It's a coat of arms with a horse on it. There's a better arguement for HRE ressembling a Confoederatio Helvetica herald. Anyway, that is not a symbol I would want to ditch if I bought those rims. It is a symbol that is indicative of the highest build quality money can buy. Besides, I hardly think this is an appropriate thread to post that question on.

Dude, I looked on Ebay and found these rims and the guy said they came from a porsche and are for a porsche, so i figured that those rims had a porsche center cap in them. Thats it, nothing major.
Old 08-21-02, 06:07 AM
enginyr
Banned

OMG I can't believe it.....LoJack is starting to sound reeeally good right now.
Old 08-21-02, 08:29 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Manny,

My heart goes out to you brother.. Think your car is in good hands at your bodyshop and they rip you off.. I can't even imagine how pissed off you must be.. But at least it is fully insured and as long as you are OK you will build it better than it was before.. Lets hope they don't find it and your insurance won't fu*k with you when paying out what the car is really worth!

We have a Canadian version of LoJack on both our Lexi's.. Small piece of mind that costs me $20 a month for 24HR monitoring so I can sleep at night..
Old 08-21-02, 08:37 AM
Benny
Rookie

Haters that try and cut corners in order to obtain the things we prize the most...
no judge, no jury, just ten in the clip, and one in the pipe.
hate it for you manny.
Old 08-21-02, 08:55 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Manny,

That really really sucks. Hits home as well, since I live only about 30 mins. or so from you. Newark is the king of the world when it comes to stealing cars.

I know we never met up yet nor have you seen my ride. But I think we are the only 2 guys in NJ with a blue GS and body kit. So I dont want something out of sopranos to happen to me when I'm driving on the NJ turnpike or to newark airport or something

The last thing I want too see is a cinnabar red GS chasing me down on the NJ turnpike. :eek:

I have the front TTE lip spoiler with L-tuned side skirts and minus the HRE 20's of course. Here is picture of my ride.
Attached Thumbnails CAR STOLEN!  I'm gonna kill someone!-bluegs.jpg  

Quick Reply: CAR STOLEN! I'm gonna kill someone!