GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS400 Throttle Body/Intake Manifold Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-11, 10:29 PM
starfyrels
Account under Legal Action - Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GS400 Throttle Body/Intake Manifold Help

So I've got to clean the inside of my throttle body and intake manifold.

I've followed the thread previously for the starter manifold: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...roblems-2.html

Now I for the life of me cannot get the intake manifold off. I dont need to access my starter; but since I'm here I'd like to just change out the contacts and plunger.

I've removed four nuts and two star hex type nut screws (two nuts and one star hex screw on each side) but for the life of me I cannot get the intake manifold off.

Can someone help me via pm or point me in the right direction?

Any type of help would be appreciated...or just let me know what socket size that I would need to take off the bolt -- it seems as if I'd need a total of 5screws/nuts on each side for a total of 10 and right now I only have 6 total -- is this correct?
Old 01-31-11, 11:01 PM
alexdan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

follow instructions in post ....use common sense and look over and over to see whats holding it....if nothing is holding it then it should come off...but i have to tell u that sucker is heavy (i needed help to remove it off the engine)
....but if its loose u should be able to pop it up and down some what easy its just hard to pick it up ....

And hmmmm....i dont remember but i think there was more then 2 hex ....anyway just look over it .....u will get it out ....and yes there is 10
Old 02-01-11, 07:30 AM
starfyrels
Account under Legal Action - Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks alex.

I've done alot of mechanical and suspension stuff so I'm not that newb in removing and fixing parts.

Is there anything towards the rear that would be holding it down?

Then looking under the fuel rails that go along side each side of the engine I removed those bolts on the upper part that would seperate the fuel rail from the manifold; then on all four corners I removed the 11/12mm bolts (4) then the visible hex/starbit bolts/screws towards the middle of the manifold -- one on each side (2).

I'm guessing there four more screws sort of 'recessed' around the same area running horizontal along the same path as the above screws?

I'm going to buy some compressed air and a long neck socket to get in there.

Anybody know the side of the starbit/hex or the socket size? I'm thinking 11/12mm socket side?