GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Getting 8000k HID upgrade today....awwwwwwe shucks!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-02, 04:51 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 1992 LS400

Then why don't you just fix up your BMW? Unless you have anything good to say about the GS?
My BMW is fixed up....
Old 08-20-02, 05:57 AM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by lex400sc

Kidding or not, you're being very rude to someone that is genuinely trying to help you . If you want to start talking about "weeeeak" pricing, I could go on all day about a certain grill chroming site.

In enginyrs defense, he said he was kidding, and was just saying that if he can get the bulbs for 350 a pair, he would do that instead of paying 1100... I think hes on the right track.

Second, your comment was the rude one.
Old 08-20-02, 12:05 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Default how about this???

Well, I thought this thread would simply be some cool pics of an HID mod enginyr did to his GS.

Regardless of what mods people consider a wise or unwise investment, I just don't understand the degree of negativity that comes forward between the folks here on CL. It seems like a couple of CL members harbor some real animosity towards enginyr. If so, then why not just ignore his thread (or simply say, "that mod's not for me"), rather than crap on it.

Lex400sc- while your knowledge of HID technology is definitely extensive, you can only do so much to influence what people do to their GS. I understand your point of trying to inform, though. That's what this site is all about.

Can't we just shake the personal vendettas here and appreciate the modification of Lexus vehicles?????

Eric
Old 08-20-02, 01:05 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: how about this???

Originally posted by ebruceii
...If so, then why not just ignore his thread (or simply say, "that mod's not for me"), rather than crap on it.
I agree with your sentiment, but as stated before, don't make a post and expect nothing but love. Come on, we're about debate here.

I don't think anyone has really dumped on the thread, rather lex400sc has once again enlightened (sorry, bad pun) us about this topic and the economic values associated with it.

More of a spirited debate really; if someone states "Lexus OEM lights suck..." then expect a similary phrased rebuttal. More simply stated, a 3rd grade post will illicit a 3rd grade reply usually.

I certainly don't agree with everyone's taste as far as modding, but I have to respect their perogative.

I think also you have to consider the different personalities involved when postiung your reply i.e. like for like

It is a constant battle to always take the "high road" when making posts; some of us just faulter more than others.

Old 08-20-02, 01:11 PM
enginyr
Banned

Kidding or not, you're being very rude to someone that is genuinely trying to help you . If you want to start talking about "weeeeak" pricing, I could go on all day about a certain grill chroming site.
Have you seen it lately?
We're not just chroming anymoooooore. Muah ha haaaaaa
Old 08-20-02, 05:40 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

I agree with your sentiment, but as stated before, don't make a post and expect nothing but love. Come on, we're about debate here.

I don't think anyone has really dumped on the thread, rather lex400sc has once again enlightened (sorry, bad pun) us about this topic and the economic values associated with it.
Dex, I'm totally with you. I def don't expect "all love" for every post. quite frankly that would be BORING. It's just that friendly debate usually turns into a closed thread, and we ALL lose when that sharing of info grinds to a hault.

If you check my initial post, I give lex400sc all the credit in the world for sharing his knowledge. I know more about HID tech than I did before I came to CL b/c of him....
Old 08-20-02, 08:19 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not crap on threads; However, when enginyr starts being rude to other helpful/new members (see_fu) for no reason whatsoever, I will step in. Just because he started the thread, doesn't mean he is absolved from criticism. And I do not have any "animosity" or "vendettas" towards him either.
Old 08-21-02, 04:22 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

lex400sc- it's all good man, I just thought the thread was getting a little rough there at the end, that's all. It is often rather difficult to tell what sentiments people are trying to convey when it's simply in writing, that's for sure.

Eric
Old 08-21-02, 10:38 PM
enginyr
Banned

I am closing this thread...

Flaming Moderator
Old 08-21-02, 10:51 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by enginyr

Flaming Moderator
haha what?

Man i wouldnt be surprised if a thread on many other car club forums show up with a title " Looks like some clubs cant get along"

with all the links to all the chaos and flaming that goes around here.

and some mods actully leading the war with the phrase "Pasionate Persuit Of A Flaming Forum"

Last edited by CamRen; 08-21-02 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-21-02, 11:35 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by enginyr

Flaming Moderator
Are you making fun of moderators who close threads that are out of control? Well that kind of administrative awareness is a rare quality on message forums, and unregulated forums are a dime a dozen on the net. Tame, mature forums such as ClubLexus are almost unheard of these days. You know what else is unheard of is corporate sponsorship on forums. The two are related. Flame boards across the net have no class which is why companies like Lexus would rather not associate themselves with certain "other" message boards out there.

Camren, I know you like to buddy up with your pal enginyr, but care to point out where all the rampant moderator flaming is on CL?
Old 08-22-02, 12:58 AM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Are you making fun of moderators who close threads that are out of control? Well that kind of administrative awareness is a rare quality on message forums, and unregulated forums are a dime a dozen on the net. Tame, mature forums such as ClubLexus are almost unheard of these days. You know what else is unheard of is corporate sponsorship on forums. The two are related. Flame boards across the net have no class which is why companies like Lexus would rather not associate themselves with certain "other" message boards out there.

Camren, I know you like to buddy up with your pal enginyr, but care to point out where all the rampant moderator flaming is on CL?
i support and back anyone and everyone that has the same opinions as me.
Old 08-22-02, 01:06 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thread is still open but case is closed.
Old 08-22-02, 01:18 AM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
thread is still open but case is closed.
alright alright...

sounds good