GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Getting 8000k HID upgrade today....awwwwwwe shucks!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-02, 11:06 AM
enginyr
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
both PIAA and Philips strongly recommend that people DON'T put D2S bulbs in Reflector type HID housings (GS type). D2S bulbs were designed for Projector type housings, and the long-term side effect for D2S bulbs in a GS could result in abnormal HID life decrease.

Lexus recommends we do not put aftermarket intakes, 20" rims, Superchargers etc.......But we still do it !

See_fu....

Stage 1 Reflector headlamp retro with DOT spec halogen projector More info $300/pair
Stage 2 Projector headlamp retro with DOT spec halogen projector More info $350/pair
Stage 3 Reflector headlamp retro with DOT spec HID / Xenon projector More info $700/pair
Stage 4 Projector headlamp retro with DOT spec HID / Xenon projector More info $750/pair
Stage 5 Reflector headlamp retro with ECE spec HID / Xenon projector More info $1100/pair
Stage 6 Projector headlamp retro with ECE spec HID / Xenon projector More info $1150/pair

Are these retrofitable for the GS? If not......hush hush please.

Last edited by enginyr; 08-17-02 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-17-02, 11:24 AM
see_fu
Pole Position

Originally posted by enginyr

Lexus recommends we do not put aftermarket intakes, 20" rims, Superchargers etc.......But we still do it !

See_fu....

Stage 1 Reflector headlamp retro with DOT spec halogen projector More info $300/pair
Stage 2 Projector headlamp retro with DOT spec halogen projector More info $350/pair
Stage 3 Reflector headlamp retro with DOT spec HID / Xenon projector More info $700/pair
Stage 4 Projector headlamp retro with DOT spec HID / Xenon projector More info $750/pair
Stage 5 Reflector headlamp retro with ECE spec HID / Xenon projector More info $1100/pair
Stage 6 Projector headlamp retro with ECE spec HID / Xenon projector More info $1150/pair

Are these retrofitable for the GS? If not......hush hush please.

uhhhh of course they are. it can be done to any car
Old 08-17-02, 11:27 AM
enginyr
Banned

Originally posted by see_fu

uhhhh of course they are. it can be done to any car

Duh.....Have you done it to a GS though...... If so, how much is it and where can we have it installed.
Old 08-17-02, 06:17 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if he can do it to lex400sc's car, he can do it to your GS. I'm letting him have my car to do the install next week. from pics and information from other parties, yes, my HID's will be brighter than your 8000K too! hehe just kidding.... but who knows... i'm no HID expert.
Old 08-19-02, 06:09 PM
enginyr
Banned

Originally posted by do-luck sc
if he can do it to lex400sc's car, he can do it to your GS. I'm letting him have my car to do the install next week. from pics and information from other parties, yes, my HID's will be brighter than your 8000K too! hehe just kidding.... but who knows... i'm no HID expert.

I doubt it....There is almost no room to work with.
Old 08-19-02, 06:25 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Blah, Blah Blah.....

LEXUS OEM HID are the ugliest HID system in the world...looks like crap and am damned if Im going to spend the $$$ for 4100K...

the 8000K look phat...just like my BMW HID which looks phat from the factory unlike Lexus.
Old 08-19-02, 06:58 PM
see_fu
Pole Position

I doubt it....There is almost no room to work with.
considering some guys were able to fit a q45 into their gs400, i don't think it would be a problem for me to fit my retros. my projectors are MUCH smaller than that q45
Old 08-19-02, 07:14 PM
enginyr
Banned

considering some guys were able to fit a q45 into their gs400, i don't think it would be a problem for me to fit my retros. my projectors are MUCH smaller than that q45

Where are you located....Lets do this....How much?
Old 08-19-02, 07:24 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by CSHFLW
Blah, Blah Blah.....

LEXUS OEM HID are the ugliest HID system in the world...looks like crap and am damned if Im going to spend the $$$ for 4100K...

the 8000K look phat...just like my BMW HID which looks phat from the factory unlike Lexus.
So the higher the number, the better the lights must be, right? G'ahead, get the 8ks; they'll compliment your rockin GS nicely.

If you are so unhappy with your GS, why did you get one in the first place?
Old 08-19-02, 08:51 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by CSHFLW
Blah, Blah Blah.....

You think 8000K looks good, some people think this looks good...

Just goes to show how much your personal opinion means Especially since you know squat about HIDs.
Old 08-19-02, 08:56 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they recommend that we don't put aftermarket stuff because it screws up the car if done incorrectly. This is a case of doing something incorrectly. They wouldn't make 2 types of HID bulbs if it wasn't for 2 systems. This is like trying to use 275 width tires on a 18x7.5 width rim. It'll work, but eventually it'll get screwed up.
Old 08-19-02, 10:01 PM
see_fu
Pole Position

Where are you located....Lets do this....How much?
The thing is I won't do it for cars that have OEM HID's as an option. The only way I'll do it for cars w/ an OEM HID option is if you go with the most extreme stage which is stage 5 or 6, even then I'd have to consider it since cosmetically it would look better if you just went w/ OEM

Last edited by see_fu; 08-19-02 at 10:01 PM.
Old 08-20-02, 12:52 AM
enginyr
Banned

The thing is I won't do it for cars that have OEM HID's as an option. The only way I'll do it for cars w/ an OEM HID option is if you go with the most extreme stage which is stage 5 or 6, even then I'd have to consider it since cosmetically it would look better if you just went w/ OEM

Okay.........
Lets review this boys and girls

or

$350 shipped.

weeeeeeeeeeeeak

get off my thread!!!!!!!
lol....just kidding.
Old 08-20-02, 01:42 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by 1992 LS400

I have read your past posts and all you seem to write about is how BMW is better than Lexus. If your so infactuated with BMW, then stop fixing up your GS300 and sell it and stick to BMW. I don't think ClubLexus needs half-assed clowns who can preach BMW on Lexus forums and expect a whole turnout of members to follow him.
You think Lexus HID looks better then BMW or Audi HID?

I think Lambo's look better then GS's too.....so should I leave because of this?

And I am not looking for a following, I just say it how I see it.
Old 08-20-02, 02:34 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Okay.........
Lets review this boys and girls

or

$350 shipped.

weeeeeeeeeeeeak

get off my thread!!!!!!!
lol....just kidding.
Kidding or not, you're being very rude to someone that is genuinely trying to help you . If you want to start talking about "weeeeak" pricing, I could go on all day about a certain grill chroming site.

Quick Reply: Getting 8000k HID upgrade today....awwwwwwe shucks!