GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Alarm goes off for no reason-also during driving!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-11, 07:56 AM
MartijnAms
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm goes off for no reason-also during driving!

For no reason the alarm starts to go off. One morning the police was at my door: neighbours complained about the noise (I can't park in front of my own house). When I arrived there was no alarm.

Drove for few hours without problem.
Then after parking the alarm started again. Even when I was driving. The alarm didn't always respond to the remote.

I tried to disconnect the alarm horn, but couldn't find it (!). Sprayed everything with siliconespray (it's winter & wet).

Please can you help:

1) where's the bl**dy horn?
(I see 2 in front of the radiator and 1 on the right top panel, I disconnected all, but alarm continues). I can't locate by hearing.

2) What can be the cause?
I know the right rear door is'nt opening by remote, you hear a faint click. This is for months now, the alarm of the last days.
Can be the battery, but alarm is crazy during driving...

Please help!!
Old 01-15-11, 09:24 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

I'm 99% positive it's because of the bad door lock actuator on your rear passenger door.
Old 01-15-11, 11:48 AM
BCP43002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The horn is in the pass side front fender
Old 01-15-11, 07:58 PM
98Gs4001UZ
Driver

Originally Posted by 1UZ-GS
I'm 99% positive it's because of the bad door lock actuator on your rear passenger door.
I agree with that^^^.
Old 01-15-11, 08:32 PM
2gsfowner
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1UZ-GS
LOL. Check that then go for FUSES. LOL Cmon guy ELECTRICAL PROBLEM. FUSE FUSE FUSE . LOL all i no.
Old 01-15-11, 08:42 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow man, go return the car, stealing is bad. lol jk, i think its the bad door luck actuator in the rears. fuse might be your last resort, a fuse can look good but in reality it's bad.
Old 01-17-11, 04:08 AM
MartijnAms
Rookie

Thanks all for replying! I will check the fuses (which one?) and try to fix the door actuator.
But when the alarm is disengaged, ie. wile driving, can a faulty actuator trigger the alarm? In my case the alarm goes off even when driving.

This weekend I stripped the dash and found one broken wire (white with silver dot). I'm confused if this was done on purpose while the class 3 alarm (Gemini 6330) was added to the Lexus OEM alarm, but then the ends of the wire should be taped (right?). So I connected these 2 ends together. It was also on the spot where I put my modded Kensington iPod holder (I remember that I looked for current...).

Ik would be extremely st*pid if it was this. I keep you updated!

If I want to disconnect the siren, can I just cut a wire, or will the system block the whole car? Siren is a Toyota type 5392 (part no:08192-44810), wire colors: green, yellow, blue, white, black.
Old 01-21-11, 10:35 AM
MartijnAms
Rookie

Solved (i think)! No, see under
I'm ashame to admit it has to be the broken wire. Too careless with knife when searching for current I think.

Last edited by MartijnAms; 02-09-11 at 12:01 AM.
Old 01-21-11, 12:12 PM
ErseOne
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MartijnAms
Even when I was driving.
Reminds me of my 93 Accord coupe...it had an alarm but i thought it was disconnected, until i was driving on the 59th st bridge into manhattan and it started going off. It happened everytime, at the same spot on the bridge! It would go on and off by itself, the alarm lasted only about 10secs, and i guess ppl thought i was police and would move out of my way.
Old 02-09-11, 12:12 AM
MartijnAms
Rookie

Sigh... few days ago the alarm kicked off again! Happily I damaged the horn a bit because it sounds very muffled (no neighbour complaints yet).
I couldn't believe my ears, d*mn!

I will check soon the wiring under the dash again. Then disconnect rear-right door ECU (later replace door-lock actuator from wreckers I think).

I was so hoping tot tackle the wining diff by changing the oil to Valvoline 75W90 full synthetic TDL oil.

Anyway: any tips for me except the rear door ECU (sounds very plausible)? What wire of the siren I have cut to have it shut up?
Siren is a Toyota type 5392 (part no:08192-44810), wire colors (top-to-bottom): green, yellow, blue, white, black.

I will ask Gemini for schematic.
Old 02-27-11, 09:40 AM
MartijnAms
Rookie

Yes!!! Fixed it!
Actually credit to the Lexus mechanic who told me to look at the siren behind the right fender!
Took the right wheel off (for better access) and like 10 screws off that plastic shield, just enough to bend it to get to the siren (from underneath).
Took out the siren and when I opened it up; saw that the batteries leaked and destroyed the inside printboard. Also 1 connector was already burned loose.

No effect on stock alarm and everything works. Actually: the car runs smoother, changes gear even more smooth, picks better up (especially when slow driving and then accelerate, eg. red to green traffic light).
I think this alarm 'tampered' with the computer, maybe due to the immobilizer connection...?

Anyway I'm very happy and can recommend everybody tot take out the batteries. After like 12 years they can't be working (and only cause trouble)!

Question: does anybody have schematic, because I want to add vibration sensitive module on these 5 wires of the alarm (possible!?). I think this is part of an extra alarm system, so can't be found in workshop manual (siren code: Toyota TVSS part.nr. 08192-44810, type 5392).
Old 12-09-14, 06:45 PM
tedsterb
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM'd you Marti... Hope you can help me.