GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I Hate Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-10, 06:24 PM
Kzem
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Hate Michigan

I got some heartbreaking pics... my car is no winter virgin .
The snow snuck up on me and i didnt have a chance...

From the Back, Next to the Non-Functional only awd car i own... this is going to be a fun winter...

Pic of the Roads.. that was a clean street btw...
Old 12-13-10, 06:29 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

I was half expecting to see a wrecked GS by the words you used.
Old 12-13-10, 06:57 PM
MickeyLex
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1UZ-GS
I was half expecting to see a wrecked GS by the words you used.
Yeah, me too.

If getting some snow on the car while its parked is the worst that has happened, be thankful. Be careful out there driving in the snow.

Last edited by MickeyLex; 12-13-10 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-13-10, 07:44 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Kzem
The snow snuck up on me and i didnt have a chance
Having lived in MI for 20+ years, I call BS on this unless you just moved there. Snow doesn't sneak up on you there. It nails you over the head and kicks your ***. But, it's not like the weather just snaps and goes cold. It barely gets warm there in summer (well, mid 90's but that's nothing I have found) and starts getting cold in October. It's December 13th, mang! If snow 'snuck up' on you, it's your first winter in MI.

I actually hated winters there. Not because of the cold, not because of the snow, not because of anything other than the crappy drivers who cannot remember how to drive - even if they've driven on snow for 30 years. Every season you see some **** who can't keep their car straight no matter what and no matter the condition. Worst part is that it's not a 'hold my beer and watch this!' kind of issue.

Big Mack
Old 12-13-10, 07:50 PM
Kzem
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Big Mack
Having lived in MI for 20+ years, I call BS on this unless you just moved there. Snow doesn't sneak up on you there. It nails you over the head and kicks your ***. But, it's not like the weather just snaps and goes cold. It barely gets warm there in summer (well, mid 90's but that's nothing I have found) and starts getting cold in October. It's December 13th, mang! If snow 'snuck up' on you, it's your first winter in MI.

I actually hated winters there. Not because of the cold, not because of the snow, not because of anything other than the crappy drivers who cannot remember how to drive - even if they've driven on snow for 30 years. Every season you see some **** who can't keep their car straight no matter what and no matter the condition. Worst part is that it's not a 'hold my beer and watch this!' kind of issue.

Big Mack
Well it snowed an inch and i thought well ill move it and cover it tomorrow... tomorrow came and it came with 6 more inches of snow. That was a pic of the car after i cleaned it and drove it =(
Old 12-13-10, 10:36 PM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem with yesterdays snow was not that it snowed alot because it didnt. The problem was that it went from 37 degrees to 9 in a matter of hours. All the slush turned to ice. I was driving the GS at 20 mph and it just slowly started to go sideways and before you know it i was facing the car behind me. Black ice sucks, no matter what car you have or what tires you are riding on. Ice is Ice. It took me 2 hours to get into the ES because the doors were frozen shut. When i started it, the steering wheel would not turn because the wheels were so frozen to the ground as was everything else. IT was freaking colldddddddd and everything was frozen.

Old 12-14-10, 06:10 AM
JiBBeL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by D-Boi
It took me 2 hours to get into the ES because the doors were frozen shut. When i started it, the steering wheel would not turn because the wheels were so frozen to the ground as was everything else.
This is no exaggeration... so glad I moved
Old 12-14-10, 06:13 AM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Please get rid of that Range Rover asap. It's a money pit. Don't try and fix it, get rid of it. You've been warned...
Old 12-14-10, 06:46 AM
Dons98GS
Driver School Candidate

Wow if you think this is bad. Imaging if you lived in nw indiana. Where they got 2 feet of snow overnight! You would probably be thinking suicide j/k
Old 12-14-10, 06:59 AM
Is300Tree2
Pole Position

lol wow that sucks! Thats why this pay check im looking into a fwd 4cyl beater! Bad enough I already took my 20's off the gs but that more than likely wont be enough -1 for RWD. So Hopefully I can avoid a reapeat of what you saw *OP* and what happened to me last year; jackkniving between 2 tractor trailers also jackniving up hill! Then sliding to the left towards gaurd rails! lol Fun times! Not.
Old 12-14-10, 07:41 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Chin
Please get rid of that Range Rover asap. It's a money pit. Don't try and fix it, get rid of it. You've been warned...
so true, nice vehicles but i wouldnt ever own one after my best friend did

Originally Posted by Is300Tree2
Thats why this pay check im looking into a fwd 4cyl beater!
save a little more and buy a AWD beater, you'll be much happier
Old 12-14-10, 10:05 AM
werewolf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A buddy of mine used to have an older HSE nicknamed 'Denile'
Old 12-14-10, 10:16 AM
97JZA80
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by sakataj
save a little more and buy a AWD beater, you'll be much happier

Words to live by right there. Got my alltrac a few years back and it now handles the winter duties. I got stuck in the snow in the GS a few years back, a storm that wasnt supposed to be a big deal turned into a big deal. It wasnt fun. Im also tired of cleaning off cars in the morning, that blows. All 4 cars will be indoors this year for the first time...I'm stoked...

I thought for sure I was going to see a crashed up lex in this thread...thankfully didnt
Old 12-14-10, 10:53 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

i wished i had a nice layer of snow ... just so i can drive around with a nice 1 foot thick layer .... if only socal would snow...
Old 12-14-10, 11:02 AM
Enigmatic
Driver

Ever since I got a GS I have wished for no snow at all this winter. I live in New England so I can relate on this.

Quick Reply: I Hate Michigan