GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Just picked up my GS430 last week!! (I'm a NEWBIE)

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-10, 11:05 AM
AirRideFan
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just picked up my GS430 last week!! (I'm a NEWBIE)

So, I found the car I've been looking for- color was a little iffy, but in this model, with all the options (including the chrome 17" "Sport" wheels- I LOVE it ! It's an '01... Beige Metallic... every option !! So far I am VERY pleased with the car. I bought it in Texas... near Dallas. Found it on Craigslist- believe it or not. (DID ANYBODY FROM THE NORTHERN TEXAS OWNERS CLUB SEE THE LISTING?)

Anyway- here are some pics...
Old 09-24-10, 11:07 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Congrats and welcome
Old 09-24-10, 11:11 AM
AirRideFan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Infamous 1
Congrats and welcome
Thanks very much!! Sorry the pics didn't work last time (duhh- I never hit "upload"- here they are)
Attached Thumbnails Just picked up my GS430 last week!! (I'm a NEWBIE)-1_left-side.jpg   Just picked up my GS430 last week!! (I'm a NEWBIE)-engine_angle.jpg   Just picked up my GS430 last week!! (I'm a NEWBIE)-2_right-side.jpg   Just picked up my GS430 last week!! (I'm a NEWBIE)-interior_dash.jpg   Just picked up my GS430 last week!! (I'm a NEWBIE)-wheel-front_right.jpg  

Old 09-24-10, 11:47 AM
djMaru
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice pick up.
Old 09-24-10, 12:01 PM
fenderzig
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice man! Those wheels really set off the color...
Old 09-24-10, 12:04 PM
FuGSOwner
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much you pay for the car? What year and mileage?
Old 09-24-10, 12:08 PM
onekoop
Rookie

Congrats.

Drove all the way to Dallas and back?
Old 09-24-10, 12:15 PM
V8RdnLow
Lexus Champion

congrats and welcome
Old 09-24-10, 01:30 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

welcome my 430 brother
Old 09-24-10, 01:34 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice car. I like the color just fine with the chorme 17's and the rear spoiler. Car looks great!
Old 09-25-10, 06:05 AM
AirRideFan
Intermediate

Thanks fellas...Yeah, I REALLY love the chrome 5-spokers. That's what made me want this one. Plus, b/c it was in Texas- the wheels are like perfect.. no salt damage, like our Pgh wheels.. (pitting, peeling, etc!) The car had 121,8XX when I picked up. Already well over 123k now.. drives SOOOOOO nice though- I'm def pleased.

The check engine came on about 600 miles in, on the drive home... not sure why. I noticed it has a little miss when you first punch the gas.... (only if you ROMP on it though) But If you baby it- you can't really tell. What do you think that could be ? MAF sensor? Some type of sensor or control module..?

What's up with the "POWER" button.. OMG! Car runs AMAZING in "POWER" mode. Without that activated though- the car is sooo civilized, ya know? Doesn't feel like a 300hp car when it's floored, even... On the highway. But in POWER mode- YES! Unreal.

VERY HAPPY with the purchase though guys... and YES- I flew down to Dallas (from Pgh), picked up the car- Previous owner was a female, and she was a doll! She weighed about 105lbs, that's how the driver seat is so nice and tight still. Drove it back from Texas- left last Saturday night around 6pm- went to Memphis, TN... slept there for about 6 hours...after GOING OUT on Beale Street..LMAO!
Then got a fresh oil change, with Mobil One 5w-30... (at Wal-Mart!, ha) and hit the road around Noon on Sunday... got the GS home around 2am, in Pgh...Monday morning.

I need to take it in to have that check engine light checked out though... little worried about that. Other than that though- the car is perfect.

New windshield, all new rotors and pads, brake fluid was flushed, coolant was flushed, new tierods.. and all of the windows are tinted with like a 70% film that is very slightly "greenish"- almost matches the headlights! I was so pumped when I cracked the window and first saw that.

THANKS EVERYBODY... Let me know what the first thing I should do with the car should be though..

PS- MARK LEVINSON stereo is UNREAL!!!! But, (almost forget to mention)- I have the typical problem with the OEM Sub... the surround has separated from the cone. So, I need to pull the back seat out to access that? Awww man
Old 09-25-10, 06:50 AM
gsjerk
Rookie

Amazing pick up man, funny thing is I'm making nearly an identical drive back like yours currently from Houston to Columbus oh...sucks, especially without a gs lol.
How do you get to drive it back? Pa temp tags?
Old 09-25-10, 07:43 AM
AirRideFan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gsjerk
Amazing pick up man, funny thing is I'm making nearly an identical drive back like yours currently from Houston to Columbus oh...sucks, especially without a gs lol.
How do you get to drive it back? Pa temp tags?
Dude, this is AWESOME "driving weather"- You should have a nice trip back up.
What are you coming back to Columbus, from Houston for? What car are you driving?

I actually threw one of my other cars plates on it, just for the drive back and didn't have a a problem. (LMAO- believe it or not I drove from Dallas to Memphis, TN with NO LICENSE PLATE on the Lexus! lol lol lol... Just some lit-up Beige Metallic paint was showing on the back of the GS, haha.
Old 09-25-10, 07:46 AM
AirRideFan
Intermediate

I really need to know the best to way to permanently fix the ML sub in the back though.. this rattling has me keeping the it faded to the front (when I play it loud) and bass all the way down. I can't deal with that rattle from the sub. That's a bummer.

Figured the sun in Texas probably didn't help either though- the rear shelf is DIRECTLY under the rear window, you know? Sun beat down on it all day..every day- when the car wasn't parked in the garage.
Old 09-25-10, 07:49 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Nice looking GS, man! Should've told us you were in the area!

Quick Reply: Just picked up my GS430 last week!! (I'm a NEWBIE)