GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

A letter to Nigel

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-10, 09:11 AM
CLT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A letter to Nigel

I'm only posting this here because I was in the middle of writing this when DaveGS4 closed the thread on Nigel's GS LED mirror cover GP.

Let me start by saying, and I'm going to very CLEAR about this!

Nigel and I have NEVER had any type of gentleman's agreement, any type of contract, any type of working agreement, on any of our respected products! None, zero, nada, zip, zilch, are we clear on this.

Nigel IF you have any type of communication between you and I stating the fact that we have agreed to sell any type of product to offset each other and not step on each others toe's, please bring it forward for every one, and myself to view publicly.

The ONLY BUSINESS transaction that Nigel and I have ever worked on was back on June 28, 2010 and it was for one (1) set of 98-00 GS LED mirror covers, that a customer had purchased from me, and at that time I was out of inventory. I PMed you asking if you could price me for that one (1) set and I asked if you had them I stock. You priced me ( and I was lost money on that transaction, and only moved forward with it in hopes that the customer would come back at a future date for something else) and told me that YES you did have them in stock, I asked again do you have them in stock HERE in the States, and you replied YES. Over a month later I had to refund my customer and offer an apology as to why I couldn't deliver. That is it one transaction period, nothing else before or after.

Now I'm going to take everyone back to 03/2009 when I was approached by the ONLY manufacture of these LED mirror cover products, I enquire about the GS Series, I'm priced I place my order with them and start selling them here on CL. I was advertising the 01-05 GS LED mirror covers, along with the 98-00 within two hours of my first post I have eleven orders both for 98-00, but mostly for 01-05. Nigel didn't have a problem with me selling ANY type of mirror covers back then. My mistake was I never test fitted the 01-05 I trusted the manufacture since I was told that they would fit. A few days later the customers start emailing me and posting here that they don't fit the 01-05, now at this point I had to refund ALL orders for the 01-05 covers. I even had dropped the price of the 98-00 down to $150 unpainted just to try to recoup my losses. Still then Nigel didn't have a problem with me selling 98-00 covers.

Now in the interim between 03/2009 and 06/2010 I had been working with the ONLY manufacture to produce the 01-05 GS LED cover for me. I had to send over to them a sample of both mirrors for them to take apart rescan the outer shell so in turn they could adjust their molds and produce the LHD 01-05 GS LED covers. At first I wanted to have the exclusive rights to these, buy at a retooling cost of $25,000 and a minimum first order of 300 sets, there was no way that I was going to get the exclusive rights to this product. So the manufacture and I come to an agreement and I place my order. I start advertising the 01-05 GS covers and for the better part all the 01-05 guys that had been waiting for these covers snatched them up from me.

Nigel did know about the 01-05 covers, and I'm sure that he even had a set back them and I know that he knew that there was a fitment issue, and thats why he never sold them. I deiced to pursue the 01-05 covers and at the same time since 2009 sell the 98-00. Again Nigel didn't have a problem with this.

On 09/01 Neo approached me for a set of 98-00, and also suggested to me about a group buy. I looked into it I knew of Nigel's long lasting post in the vendor section that included the 98-00, and I also knew that Nigel DID NOT have a NEW or recent GP on 98-00 covers, so Neo and I start a GP, I reviewed the CL vendor rules prior to starting this GP for the 98-00 guys and was within CL rules to do so. So I truly don't understand as to why Nigel thought that I was stepping on his toes (step in your game) with a GP for the 98-00 covers, I really don't.

Now what I do know is that Nigel has steered my existing GP for 98-00 covers, and all FUTURE sales of the 01-05 into the ground. I have a LOT of inventory for the 01-05 GS covers 38 sets to be exact, and now there is no way in hell that I will be able to recoup what I have paid to have this inventory of 01-05 GS LED covers. No one will pay what you and I where selling them for, I know that I wouldn't pay anything more than what you have dropped your price to if I was a CL member looking to get this product.

I can tell you that this is going to cost me BIG TIME, I will lose my AASSSS on this Nigel. You want to know why, I'll explain it to you and everyone else here on CL. CLT is a one man operation, its a SMALL home based business, I don't deep resources that other vendors here have. The only thing other than offering a few good products, is GREAT customer service. I have invested personal money into this product, that now I will never recoup, now there is a good chance that I will have to leave this great community (because its not cheep to advertise here) just because of your knee jerk reaction to my GP that I was within my right as a CL vendor to have.

This was said before, and I will say it again, there are lots of vendors here all selling the same products for a few select cars (wheels, brake pads, body kits etc, etc). Have you ever seen them do what you did to me, NO sir you have not.
Old 09-12-10, 10:32 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

Man, sorry to hear this happen I just saw his price... and you're right about others not wanting to pay more. Thats horrible! Hope you can recoup some how and hope you stay here with us on CL
Old 09-12-10, 10:32 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

David,

For that GS Mirror, you asked if I have it IN STOCK, but you never mention in the state.
Also, if the custom didn't hold my shipment for no reason, it was suppose to arrive a long time ago. I DID offer a refund to you as soon as we talk about it, but you did NOT want that option and decided to wait.
I never said we have a contract or agreement or stuff, but what I am saying is you never did the pricing game and I sure have no problem with you. Because when we are pricing about the same, members can have their own choice. I am SURE you know that I can sell the 01 to 05+ mirrors, but have you ask yourself why am I not doing it or NEVER mention anything about it?? Do you really think I can't get it? I don't do it because I show you respect and all the work that you have done to our community. Ask anyone who pmed me, I SERIOUSLY answer them I don't really do the 01 to 05 mirror. But the FACT is I have one of my local buddies test fitted it and he knows I can get it.
I have NO PROBLEM when you do NOT sell the 98 to 00 mirror at that price, even though you price it the same amount of what I am selling. Because I show you respect and I don't mind members having the other choices. But when you are selling it for such price, sorry mate, YOU ARE UNDERCUTTING ME! I have no choice but to do what I have done. You and I know the cost! Like you said, I am doing it and I am losing $$$$$ like you.
I am ALSO a ONE MAN TEAM, HOME BUSINESS who work extremely hard for everyone and provide the best services I can to everyone.

Members might think that's our cost, but whoever read it know what happen in here and I am sure they all RESPECT what you have done. Also, not everyone is looking at the price. Our CL members do respect everyone and understand what we have done for this community.

I am pissed because you are undercutting on the 98 to 00 mirrors. Also, you mention that you will never be undersold. Then it means you are playing the pricing game. Thus, I have no choice but did what I have done.

Last edited by Nigel-JDMParts; 09-12-10 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-12-10, 10:41 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Guys, take it to PM.

When a moderator closes a thread a member (including vendors) should not re-start a new thread just to get in the last word.