GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Got an issue =/ Help me out guys. Accuair Manifold problems =[

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-10, 10:47 PM
Damnnchi
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Got an issue =/ Help me out guys. Accuair Manifold problems =[

Ive searched the forum to see if anyone else has similar issues as I am. But I could not find one.

Heres the air ride build thread CarbonGS posted for me.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...audio-win.html

So heres my problem. I got the car back and everything was great! Maybe 2 to 3 weeks later the front pass. side bag will not let air out. But I call fill the bag up with air no problem. So I took it back to the shop and they figure out that it was some valves or something that was bad in the accuair manifold. Shop calls Accuair and they send me new ones. Bad part is now replaced and every works great again. About another week or two goes by and again same thing happens but on the front driver side now. I am still driving the car sitting up all the way. Car is still having this problem. Any of you experienced a problem like this?! I am just curious as to why these valve thingys keep going bad on me. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 08-16-10, 11:21 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are u running an air filter? Maybe some debris is getting to them.
Old 08-17-10, 12:37 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

could something be shortening the solenoids inside the manifold? causing the release valves to die prematurely?
Old 08-17-10, 10:26 AM
Damnnchi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rgarjr
Are u running an air filter? Maybe some debris is getting to them.
Yes I am on both the compressors.
Originally Posted by vwynn
could something be shortening the solenoids inside the manifold? causing the release valves to die prematurely?
I hope it is not but I will ask the shop and see what they think about this. Thanks

Just spoke with Derek at Accuair. Very nice guy. Thank God Accuair sticks with their products! Great customer service .They are sending me a new manifold. Hopefully this does not happen again. The old manifold is gonna get shipped back to them so hopefully they can open it up and give us all the answer to the problem I am having
Old 08-17-10, 10:59 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by whitevomr
Yes I am on both the compressors.

I hope it is not but I will ask the shop and see what they think about this. Thanks

Just spoke with Derek at Accuair. Very nice guy. Thank God Accuair sticks with their products! Great customer service .They are sending me a new manifold. Hopefully this does not happen again. The old manifold is gonna get shipped back to them so hopefully they can open it up and give us all the answer to the problem I am having
Thats very interesting. Their older manifolds I've used and sold to many of my clients with no problems. However the manifold that you are using is their new revision with the holes for pressure senders. I think that you are one of the first to use that manifold. Interested to see what they say the problem is.
Old 08-17-10, 12:06 PM
Damnnchi
Pole Position

yeah I am curious to know as well. But most importantly I just want my car to be reliable. I drive mine everyday and have to go to school, Mon.-Thurs. =/.
Old 08-17-10, 12:12 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah D at Accuair said that this is the first time that one of their manifolds is doing this. We've already repaired it once by replacing the parts inside with parts that they sent me. waiting to get the new piece in and see what happens.
Old 08-19-10, 11:12 PM
Damnnchi
Pole Position

Alright Accuair just sent me new manifold. Just got it in today going back to the shop tomorrow. I hope this one lasts =/
Old 08-19-10, 11:52 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just got my accuair manifold today and it will be installed very soon. I hope I don't run into problems like you. I know you and Carbon will keep us posted...subscribed
Old 08-20-10, 05:59 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Ive sold a ton of these things over the years and have never had one come back. Check the voltage going in and make sure its (harness) grounded properly.

Ive had one in a personal car for over a year...prolly the only thing that hasnt broke on the whole car

they stand by their product!!!
Old 08-20-10, 08:12 AM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah he is coming in today with the part and we'll wait to see what happens. i've heard so many good things about accuair. i'm probably going to be using accuair in my personal build so this is not a refelction of their company or product at all. this may be a manufacturer's defect or something like that? it happens. could have been bad out of box? who knows? my wiring guy is a wiring genius and has been wiring for almost 15 years on some of the biggest projects in the industry. i'm not worried about the wiring at all haha. i'll keep everyone posted. also let it be known that derrick at accuair has been helping us every step of the way. great customer service!!!

Last edited by carbongs; 08-20-10 at 08:15 AM.
Old 08-21-10, 10:32 AM
Damnnchi
Pole Position

Ok yest. got the new manifold installed and ran into the same problem AGAIN!!! WTF! but the pass. rear. I dont know whats the deal but Tony and Scott at American Radio did a whole bunch of tests, check the wiring, lines everything. Come to a conclusion it was those valve pieces in the manifold again. After working on the car for about 8 hours and on the phone with Accuair, testing many things to see whats causing this problem. They just pieced a manifold using parts from the 2 I had and made one good manifold and put it back in my car so I can still drive it. Car right now is working fine (knock on wood). I am shipping the bad manifold back to Accuair so they can better diagnose their part to make it better. Lets give it a week and see what happens. These valve things seems to last a week for me. I'll keep ya updated.
Old 08-21-10, 10:48 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by carbongs
yeah D at Accuair said that this is the first time that one of their manifolds is doing this. We've already repaired it once by replacing the parts inside with parts that they sent me. waiting to get the new piece in and see what happens.
i have had accuair for 2 years never one issue maybe water or debris like was said earlier or improper wiring issue >?
Old 08-21-10, 03:51 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could be a bad batch on these manifold valves.
Old 08-22-10, 10:10 AM
Damnnchi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
i have had accuair for 2 years never one issue maybe water or debris like was said earlier or improper wiring issue >?
They took the manifold apart to clean it and its not an issue with debris. Its also not a wiring issue they already tested everything for that.
Originally Posted by rgarjr
Could be a bad batch on these manifold valves.
Yeah thats what I think is the case.

Quick Reply: Got an issue =/ Help me out guys. Accuair Manifold problems =[