GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

what computer to use for vvti 2jzgte swap?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-10, 10:33 PM
flexspeed
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what computer to use for vvti 2jzgte swap?

hi... looking into the swap for my gs300, planning using stock trany rather then new trany.... what computer program is usuallly easier to used and install? i have a 98 gs.... the engine dont come with the ecu....pleaser give me ur oppinion.... thanks
Old 07-24-10, 07:50 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flexspeed
hi... looking into the swap for my gs300, planning using stock trany rather then new trany.... what computer program is usuallly easier to used and install? i have a 98 gs.... the engine dont come with the ecu....pleaser give me ur oppinion.... thanks
You need the vvti ecu.
Old 07-24-10, 08:41 AM
epic1si
Rookie

and with that goes the 4spd tranny i believe
Old 07-24-10, 07:11 PM
flexspeed
Pole Position

im planning to use the stock trany until i got the fund to get the correct driveshaft to use the 4spd trany... aint sure if able to use the stock with some modifycation....i did research in here people not using the jdm ecu but to use the stock ecu with a tuning program....i was planning running aem ems... but main point is that i just need the car running as is until more fund come in to do single turbo....will still do more research but not many that have real details.... anyone please pin point me to any other website .... as i did look in here and found 2 with the swap.... thankz
Old 07-24-10, 09:11 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

Why not just go NA-T now with a big turbo than go through the trouble of the swap to be stock now and upgrade later? You talking aboyt two projects but you only have the funds for one. Going NA-T would solve that and guess what? You'd be using the stock tranny. I just finished my NA-T project check my thread. Problem solved.
Old 07-24-10, 10:02 PM
flexspeed
Pole Position

i will check ur thread... reason why is that i want to do the swap is that my engine got 180k, and its leaking oil and my throttle sensor is about to go out... i rather use the money toward the swap..... but my other option is to rebuilt n fix the NA.....
Old 07-25-10, 01:45 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

im planning to use the stock trany until i got the fund to get the correct driveshaft to use the 4spd trany... aint sure if able to use the stock with some modifycation....i did research in here people not using the jdm ecu but to use the stock ecu with a tuning program....i was planning running aem ems... but main point is that i just need the car running as is until more fund come in to do single turbo....will still do more research but not many that have real details.... anyone please pin point me to any other website .... as i did look in here and found 2 with the swap.... thankz
I got the swap and you cant use your tranny and run the vvti ecu and the NA gs ecu is not going to run the engine. The standalone you hear about on here are NA-t users. Just get a motor with a tranny or i can see if my boys shop has an extra one. Or just buy a complete swap
Old 07-25-10, 10:57 AM
flexspeed
Pole Position

Originally Posted by japspec
I got the swap and you cant use your tranny and run the vvti ecu and the NA gs ecu is not going to run the engine. The standalone you hear about on here are NA-t users. Just get a motor with a tranny or i can see if my boys shop has an extra one. Or just buy a complete swap
hey... thanks for your input.... let me know if your boys shop have a complete swap...i can get the swap but it dont come with the jdm ecu but will look around... so if doing the complete swap then you have to used the jdm ecu and have to order a special drive shaft or a custom bracket.... i research on here that na drive shaft will not work with the gte..... correct me if im wrong... please input me more infor if possible b4 i start... the only infor i got is from slvergs300... thankz
Old 07-25-10, 01:51 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

The JDM ecu usually goes for around $300-400. I have a spare one, not sure if I'm going to sell it or not though lol.
Old 07-25-10, 05:10 PM
flexspeed
Pole Position

so will this be a plug and play or not.... also i think soemone mention that u reuse the ge wire harness but to add like 3 wires...so if i where to upgrade to a single turbo... what will be the best program to use to tune the?
Old 07-25-10, 05:23 PM
maximus54
Driver

I would go NA-T as well... as for the leaking oil, find out where its leaking from, and your at 180K so im guessing you need to do 90K service again, which would replace most seals/gaskets anyway. For TPS, if you want to stay cheap go salvage hunting. Also If you diy you can save a ton on this.
Old 07-26-10, 06:23 AM
flexspeed
Pole Position

Originally Posted by maximus54
I would go NA-T as well... as for the leaking oil, find out where its leaking from, and your at 180K so im guessing you need to do 90K service again, which would replace most seals/gaskets anyway. For TPS, if you want to stay cheap go salvage hunting. Also If you diy you can save a ton on this.
my tps is not bad, its my accelerator sensor.. i just got another one from an is and its working for now but i can tell its about to go out....or thinkin it will... bcuz i got a new tps and also a new throttle control motor.... im leaking front main, cam seal and real main..... so i will compare.... what will give me better deal.... i just want lil more power to the car.. 400 and i be happy.... i just hate to see this engine fall apart little by little... all that money i just put a swap....
Old 07-26-10, 07:38 AM
maximus54
Driver

I just replaced my front main and cam seals, its not hard once you get everything off... Where in FL are you located? I have all the tools needed for the job.
Old 07-26-10, 11:26 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

hey... thanks for your input.... let me know if your boys shop have a complete swap...i can get the swap but it dont come with the jdm ecu but will look around... so if doing the complete swap then you have to used the jdm ecu and have to order a special drive shaft or a custom bracket.... i research on here that na drive shaft will not work with the gte..... correct me if im wrong... please input me more infor if possible b4 i start... the only infor i got is from slvergs300... thankz
He has the complete swap with driveshaft right down to the stock intercooler piping let me know if you want his number.
Old 07-26-10, 10:06 PM
flexspeed
Pole Position

Originally Posted by maximus54
I just replaced my front main and cam seals, its not hard once you get everything off... Where in FL are you located? I have all the tools needed for the job.
jacksonville...what about u

Quick Reply: what computer to use for vvti 2jzgte swap?