GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Pics of my car (w/o a model...)

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-02, 05:16 AM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice car.

Tell Steve Ganz to get you more stuff like some sort of Forced induction from Blitz?

aloha
ricky
Old 08-19-02, 05:54 AM
I QuiKSilvR I
Driver

That's a really nice car. . Nice, clean and simple! ! . .. Im planning to paint my car and black is one of my choices, as of right now, it's silver. . What kind of rims are those and in what size? Oh yeah, what kind of wax do u use, if you use any? ?

and again, NICE. . . ..
Old 08-19-02, 11:22 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 17 Posts

Love your wheels! What brand and size are they?
Old 08-19-02, 02:22 PM
enginyr
Banned

That would be 20" HRE's

Despite what anyone tells you....Anyone who is running a 20" rim is concerned with Show before go. Anyone with an IQ over 40 knows, your slowing down your car drastically when running such a big rim.

So the secrets out.......all show.......no go.
Old 09-06-02, 05:27 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry folks for catching this thread (again) rather late...I was away in Europe for the month of August...anyways...

Enginyr - Ah, a classic clueless comment from a clueless person...

Ricky - I am debating on which FI solution to go with...I have a few choices...I'm also considering doing a LS430 (or LS400) or a SC430 so I might not do FI on my GS430...dunno...plus I'm working on my SC400 too...

QuikSilvr - I currently use One Grand wax products (thanks Gene!)

Alwilliams/QuikSilvr - The wheels are HRE model 543 in 20" x 8.5" (front) and 20" x 9.5" rear with Nitto NT555-R tires in 245/35-20 up front and 275/30-20 out back.

Now getting back to the all show no go comment (hahaha...what a moron)...all go doesn't mean you can do 0-60 in 1.2 seconds. My main goal wasn't to make this car necessarily a drag car. If I wanted just a fast car, I would have bought a Honda CRX and built it out...this car is pretty damn quick with or without my 20" HRE's since is a GS430 and it has some decent torque.

Anyways, I have nearly all of the TOM'S suspension component upgrades (Front LCB, Rear Type-A LCB, Rear 6-piece Link Kit)...plus the TRD Sway Bars (F&R) and UGO Katayama Carbon Fiber STBs (F&R)...Plus Tein FLEX coilovers. This car handles incredibly well...so in the canyons, it's all about go...any moron with can go fast straight (especially when it's a AUTOMATIC)...turns are where skills matter...

Also, unlike cast chrome wheels, these HRE's are relatively light in general and they are light around the outer portion of the wheel. So the performance loss on these wheels, despite their size, is minimal...
Old 09-06-02, 05:35 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by manaray

Ricky - I am debating on which FI solution to go with...I have a few choices...I'm also considering doing a LS430 (or LS400) or a SC430 so I might not do FI on my GS430...dunno...plus I'm working on my SC400 too...

Manaray, do you have time to sleep with that much work on your hands, LOL??
Old 09-06-02, 08:07 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry folks for catching this thread (again) rather late...I was away in Europe for the month of August...anyways...

Enginyr - Ah, a classic clueless comment from a clueless person...

QuikSilvr - I currently use One Grand wax products (thanks Gene!)

Alwilliams/QuikSilvr - The wheels are HRE model 543 in 20" x 8.5" (front) and 20" x 9.5" rear with Nitto NT555-R tires in 245/35-20 up front and 275/30-20 out back.

Now getting back to the all show no go comment (hahaha...what a moron)...all go doesn't mean you can do 0-60 in 1.2 seconds. My main goal wasn't to make this car necessarily a drag car. If I wanted just a fast car, I would have bought a Honda CRX and built it out...this car is pretty damn quick with or without my 20" HRE's since is a GS430 and it has some decent torque.

Anyways, I have nearly all of the TOM'S suspension component upgrades (Front LCB, Rear Type-A LCB, Rear 6-piece Link Kit)...plus the TRD Sway Bars (F&R) and UGO Katayama Carbon Fiber STBs (F&R)...Plus Tein FLEX coilovers. This car handles incredibly well...so in the canyons, it's all about go...any moron with can go fast straight (especially when it's a AUTOMATIC)...turns are where skills matter...

Also, unlike cast chrome wheels, these HRE's are relatively light in general and they are light around the outer portion of the wheel. So the performance loss on these wheels, despite their size, is minimal...
Glad your back safe dude..... How was Europe? You should start a thread about your trip....
Have you ruled out the turbo option for both of your current Lexus??
I am sort of torn between FI and turbo... I was hyped when SRT released the turbo option, but I have since stepped back and been leaning back towards FI........ I really have to decide on a daily driver(large Japanese SUV is most probable) before going that route with the GS though....
Old 09-07-02, 12:09 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome back to the ol USA!
Old 09-12-02, 10:25 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

TinyGS/GS4Fun - Thanks for the welcome guys...

I had a blast in London and Paris...I think I'm going to go to Spain next year...I want to do the running of the bulls in Pamplona (yes, I am crazy). Greece is the other option (I'll leave my Gameboy at home).

I was going to start a thread but I don't think too many people would be interested....and I took WAY too many photos...2750...hahaha...I need to upgrade to a 1gig Microdrive...I might need several after I upgrade my digital cameras to a D-SLR (6 megapixel)...

Back to the car - Turbo...I am still thinking exactly what I want to do with the car in general. Part of me want to do FI (S/C or Turbo), part of me wants to sell it to do a LS430 or a SC430, part of me wants to sell it to do a Porsche, part of me wants to sell it and do a '95-'97 LS400 (UCF20 ~MC) or a '98+ LS400 (UCF20 MC~), part of me want to move to the French Riviera and buy a Euro-only car (like the new MG's)

I'm confused...
Old 09-12-02, 06:17 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

part of me want to move to the French Riviera and buy a Euro-only car (like the new MG's)

I'm confused...
Manaray, the smart would be the car for you, !!!!
With the totall brabus conversion of course and custom (very small) HRE'S.

Last edited by Richie; 09-12-02 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-13-02, 09:12 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Hehehe...I don't think HRE makes a 3-bolt pattern...

The Smart is just too damn small...a bicycle would total out that car...

I really like the new MG's...the new Vectra looks good in the ads...dunno about their reliability....
Old 09-13-02, 07:29 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Hehehe...I don't think HRE makes a 3-bolt pattern...

The Smart is just too damn small...a bicycle would total out that car...

I really like the new MG's...the new Vectra looks good in the ads...dunno about their reliability....
Opel and reliability................don't even go there. 9 out of 10 cars I see stranded are Opels.
Old 10-01-02, 05:00 PM
joewoz2001
Driver

Hey!!

Would you have any close-up pics of the side of the car? From what I could see it looks really nice!! Good Job!!

Joe

My e mail is: joewoz2001@yahoo.com
Old 10-02-02, 06:22 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Sorry, I don't have any good close-up pictures of the side...I will post new pictures up once I take 'em....scouting out a location currently...
Old 10-02-02, 05:52 PM
Paradise
Rookie

The rear light clusters are beauties... non standard or are they a new Lexus issues? Where do I copp them at a good price?

Quick Reply: Pics of my car (w/o a model...)