GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I Have to Rant

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-02, 08:55 AM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I Have to Rant

And there's no need to express your sympathy, because I know you guys all feel my pain...

It took less than a week but my wife has already scratched the hell out of our new GS. What was that some people have said about the ClubLexus curse?

Apparently there was a bicyclist in the middle of the road at a "T" intersection. My wife was making a right turn and the bike kind of wabbled like he was coming into her lane. Rather than just HITTING THE DAMN BRAKES (sorry, I am pretty upset), she moved to the right to avoid him and hit the curb. There is a HUGE gouge and scratch along the whole front right side of the front bumper and another big one along the side skirt near the back wheel. As best I can tell she didn't damage the wheels, which is lucky. Just guessing from my experience with other body work, this is over $1000 of damage to have the two panels repainted. Not to mention that our brand new car will now have non-factory paint, which is never quite as good somehow.

DAMN! I don't usually rant about my wife like this, but none of my friends are at school today and I just needed to vent to somebody. I know you all will understand why I'm so upset. I would have been mad if she had done this to my four year-old Acura, but it just adds insult to injury to do it to the 6 day-old $60K Lexus.
Old 06-07-02, 09:00 AM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

man, i feel the pain.

i thought you were gonna take the GS and give your wife the BMW?

all i can say is, women drivers...
Old 06-07-02, 09:13 AM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

No we got rid of the Bimmer to get the Lexus...
Old 06-07-02, 09:41 AM
soakgame
Lead Lap

OUCH...
Old 06-07-02, 09:48 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear of your misfortune!!
Old 06-07-02, 10:25 AM
LexFather

Aw crap, now I gotta have another drink for you so you dont' SLAP THE CRAP OUTTA HER!!!!!!!

Dude, that really blows. Have confidence in an outstanding body shop, they can do some amazing things.
Old 06-07-02, 10:29 AM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wife = Sht car...
Husband = Lexus...

Most of the Women can't drive.. like my wife.. can't drive.. scratch my rims.. curb all the time...
Old 06-07-02, 10:32 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

That's a bummer, but the upside is that your wife now owes you kitchen passes for life...
Conversation with wife would go something like this;

Iceman: Sorry honey, I can't help you with the Tupperware party tonight, me and the boys are going to the strip club.

Icemans wife pissed: What??? The hell you are! You are going to get in that kitchen and start fixing the party snacks right now!!!

Iceman calmly: Uhhh, honey... remember that whole Lexus accident thing???

Icemans wife depressed: Oh yeah! Have a nice evening with the boys dear!

Old 06-07-02, 11:48 AM
Yoda
Driver School Candidate

I definitely feel your pain! My wife drives a 96' Cirrus for good reason. I have been with her several times when she has hit curbs. Usually I am in the passenger seat, she turns right, I yell "stop!" and then BAM up over the curb. I cringe everytime she does it. I don't want to pay for tires any more than I have to. She usually says "sorry?" and then I say "and that is why you don't drive the blue car." (I don't refer to it as a Lexus because it makes me feel a little guilty for what she drives....but only a little)
Old 06-07-02, 11:51 AM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Originally posted by mumbles
That's a bummer, but the upside is that your wife now owes you kitchen passes for life...
Conversation with wife would go something like this;

Iceman: Sorry honey, I can't help you with the Tupperware party tonight, me and the boys are going to the strip club.

Icemans wife pissed: What??? The hell you are! You are going to get in that kitchen and start fixing the party snacks right now!!!

Iceman calmly: Uhhh, honey... remember that whole Lexus accident thing???

Icemans wife depressed: Oh yeah! Have a nice evening with the boys dear!

LMAO

Iceman, I feel your pain...it's always puts you in tough situation when the person you love the most damages one of your most prized possessions...you don't want to be to pissed because you know which one is more important, but still...

I know it is selfish, but I solved the problem by not letting my wife drive the GS...I use a similar incident that occurred when the Beemer was new as justification...all I have to do is keep the Beemer clean and maintained for her and she never asks to drive the GS
Old 06-07-02, 12:05 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Another angle:

Women, in general, have less spatial acuities as compare to men. I say this very carefully most women have a hard time judging distances which get's them into more minor scrapes, scratches, dings, and curb rash. It's not their fault but that they are just built that way. They have other strengths, like tolerance for pain (think childbirth) but judging depth and width are not their fortes.

Sorry to hear about it! My wife got into an accident with the Lexus too! But she is the one you love, so you gotta forgive. But you can always rant with us guys because we feel your pain!

Brent
Old 06-07-02, 12:10 PM
clivej
Pole Position

hi guys,
And thats a big a$$ Welcome to the club, you are just now a full fledged member. count yourself lucky,4 days is a long time
clive

Last edited by clivej; 06-07-02 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-07-02, 01:57 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Default Re: I Have to Rant

Originally posted by Iceman
And there's no need to express your sympathy, because I know you guys all feel my pain...

It took less than a week but my wife has already scratched the hell out of our new GS. What was that some people have said about the ClubLexus curse?

Apparently there was a bicyclist in the middle of the road at a "T" intersection. My wife was making a right turn and the bike kind of wabbled like he was coming into her lane. Rather than just HITTING THE DAMN BRAKES (sorry, I am pretty upset), she moved to the right to avoid him and hit the curb. There is a HUGE gouge and scratch along the whole front right side of the front bumper and another big one along the side skirt near the back wheel. As best I can tell she didn't damage the wheels, which is lucky. Just guessing from my experience with other body work, this is over $1000 of damage to have the two panels repainted. Not to mention that our brand new car will now have non-factory paint, which is never quite as good somehow.

DAMN! I don't usually rant about my wife like this, but none of my friends are at school today and I just needed to vent to somebody. I know you all will understand why I'm so upset. I would have been mad if she had done this to my four year-old Acura, but it just adds insult to injury to do it to the 6 day-old $60K Lexus.
Dude, my dad and I feel so much of your pain it's not even funny. Just minutes after we brought the GS home my mom was walking around it and we think her hand slipped and put this deep-*** scratch it by the "Lexus" badge. I think it was the setting on her engagement ring that did it...She denies it...@#$$^$&#^$*!#^

Old 06-07-02, 02:02 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry dude.

I think we've all been there. My wife does not usually drive the GS but I had to take her MDX in for service. Before I handed her the GS, I asked her to "take care of my baby". She called me that afternoon sounding very sorry that she drove the wheel into the curb. What can you do?
Old 06-07-02, 02:06 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I will not get into the "women suck at driving" thing right now. I'll just say that a good bodyshop CAN work wonders, like someone already said. Just make sure you take care of the fresh paint right after it comes out of the bodyshop for a few months, til it is fully cured. then i believe you will not know the difference. best of luck.

ok, p.s.-i know more than a few terrible MALE drivers.

Quick Reply: I Have to Rant