GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

To Trust or Not To Trust

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-10, 09:17 AM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To Trust or Not To Trust

So... I want to upgrade from a 300 to a 400 and I found this in my area....

Price is really low and I may contact the seller, but I'm not sure whether this would go well.... What would you guys do?

1998 Lexus GS400
Old 03-27-10, 09:26 AM
GS300-2002
Pole Position

its bs, he didnt even say how many miles are on the car and why the hell would anybody charge 2902 dollars for a car worth easily twice that much?
Old 03-27-10, 09:31 AM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

Pure idiocy.... That's probably why. I just want a good deal. I could inspect it myself if it is legit.

*sigh*
Old 03-27-10, 09:41 AM
zarukiana
Driver

Don't go for it, it's a BS. I have seen a lot of scams going on specially on craigslist so don't trust that, it's all fake.
Old 03-27-10, 09:45 AM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

lol He never said anything about having a motor or tranny just "interior looks great"
Old 03-27-10, 09:48 AM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

Lawlz. I feel stupid now.

Thanks guys. Sorry for the wasted bandwidth.
Old 03-27-10, 09:57 AM
Newchapter
Lead Lap

fake fosho
Old 03-28-10, 12:19 AM
gzhottt
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be careful in any case.. the car my have very high miles and be a salvage title. Al sorts of thing maybe wrong with car. If its to good to be true it probably is. Most times its cheaper in the long run to pay full price and not gamble. I've made that mistake many times. GL
Old 03-28-10, 09:02 AM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

I think I might just go to a used car dealership, have a friend with a shop throw it on the lift so I can look at it. I am willing to trade in the GS3. I don't need two.
Old 03-28-10, 10:13 AM
Brent77
Rookie

Yeah that's one of those scams on craigslist. If you e-mail them then you get tons of SPAM. Been there, spam foldered that.
Old 03-28-10, 12:29 PM
iloveGS4xx
Lead Lap

wow scam i had the same problem before i got my lol !!
Old 03-28-10, 02:10 PM
maxinGS
Driver

doesnt sound right to me at all
Old 03-28-10, 02:15 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

like this one i seen before so i sent an email..it was this mk4 supra , beautiful, very nicely modded, etc.. I emailed and it was a woman, she put some bs saying her husband died and its all she had left, i know that could happen but just by the way she worded it you could tell it was a scam.. i might actually still have the email, she wanted some outragously low price too, had it posted in different spots around the country on craigslist too..

EDIT found it.. wish i could find the pics but w.e
heres what she wrote me..

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my Toyota Supra. The car is in perfect condition - like new! If you decide to buy it, you'll receive all the papers, owner manuals, keys, a buy-sell contract already signed by me and the clear title. For this transaction I want to use ebay because I want to provide you a fast and very secure way. They will handle the transaction for me. You will make the payment to ebay and they will hold the money until you receive and inspect the car. ONLY AFTER you receive and inspect it (you have 5 days for inspection) ebay will release the payment to me. The inspection time period will begin as soon as you receive the car at your address. Meanwhile eBay will hold the money into a trust account. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see the car before you decide to buy it. This way we are both protected : i will know that i have a serious buyer who has the money to pay me and you will be able to see and inspect the car before buying it .
The car is priced to sell quickly and the final price that I'm asking for it is $5,000 including shipping and handling costs. My husband died 3 months ago and I along with my daughter decided to sell the house and move to my parents. I can't afford to take days off my work for this sale so i'm trying to sell it online.
If you are really interested in purchasing the car please send me your full name, shipping address and your phone number. Ebay will give you all the details regarding the shipping and payment.

I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

Regards!
Susan Diehl

......lol look what i found..

http://cars.oodle.com/view/1994-toyo...erly-hills-ca/

this was the car, obviously..

Last edited by Anthony; 03-28-10 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-28-10, 03:20 PM
SirBev
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BS stay away from it
Old 03-28-10, 09:00 PM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Anthony
like this one i seen before so i sent an email..it was this mk4 supra , beautiful, very nicely modded, etc.. I emailed and it was a woman, she put some bs saying her husband died and its all she had left, i know that could happen but just by the way she worded it you could tell it was a scam.. i might actually still have the email, she wanted some outragously low price too, had it posted in different spots around the country on craigslist too..

EDIT found it.. wish i could find the pics but w.e
heres what she wrote me..

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my Toyota Supra. The car is in perfect condition - like new! If you decide to buy it, you'll receive all the papers, owner manuals, keys, a buy-sell contract already signed by me and the clear title. For this transaction I want to use ebay because I want to provide you a fast and very secure way. They will handle the transaction for me. You will make the payment to ebay and they will hold the money until you receive and inspect the car. ONLY AFTER you receive and inspect it (you have 5 days for inspection) ebay will release the payment to me. The inspection time period will begin as soon as you receive the car at your address. Meanwhile eBay will hold the money into a trust account. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see the car before you decide to buy it. This way we are both protected : i will know that i have a serious buyer who has the money to pay me and you will be able to see and inspect the car before buying it .
The car is priced to sell quickly and the final price that I'm asking for it is $5,000 including shipping and handling costs. My husband died 3 months ago and I along with my daughter decided to sell the house and move to my parents. I can't afford to take days off my work for this sale so i'm trying to sell it online.
If you are really interested in purchasing the car please send me your full name, shipping address and your phone number. Ebay will give you all the details regarding the shipping and payment.

I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

Regards!
Susan Diehl

......lol look what i found..

http://cars.oodle.com/view/1994-toyo...erly-hills-ca/

this was the car, obviously..
Haha. That thing is in pristine condition.

Quick Reply: To Trust or Not To Trust