GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Scam or for reals?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-09, 01:24 PM
VegasMade
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scam or for reals?

I have been looking for a GS400 for a while now and posted it on craigslist. Today i got an email from a lady who moved to Portugal and is selling me her GS400 for dirt cheap she send me pics at me email and all the info for the car VIN# and everything. I got another email and the deal sound to good to be true, i have never delt with ebay or anything like that. Please let me know if this deal sounds Legit. Thank you

Hello again,

The car is located and still registered in Kershaw, South Carolina.The car is fully paid off. Although I will not be able to come home and meet with you because I am located now to Portugal, we can still make the deal through eBay. I have a purchase protection program with them, so eBay will guarantee up to $50,000 for any vehicle I sell. Shipping is already paid, as I explained, my buyer changed his mind after I have made the arrangements to ship the car. The trucking company would not refund me but can ship the car to anywhere within continental US, so I've left it at their warehouse and it's ready to ship at anytime. Also, this purchase protection guarantees that the car is exactly as I described; basically, once delivered, you'll have 7 days to inspect it at your home and if you decide not to keep it you will get refunded in no time and they will charge me with the return costs.

Good faith has always been my top priority and my most valued business approach.

Look how this works the eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection :

1. I will contact eBay and give all the info about this deal.
2. They will send us the forms by email - for you about the payment.
3. I will send the car to your location and you will send the payment at eBay.The car will arrive to your door in 7 days tops.
4. After you will inspect the car and decide to keep it, eBay will forward this payment.

If by any reason the car is not as described, or if you find any problems with it I will pay for the returning fees and you will get a refund from eBay. I'm sure it won't be the case because it's a state of art looking and working vehicle.

I apologize if it seems like I'm pushing on this deal but I really want to be sure everything is clarified before any further steps. Please, let me know if some of the terms does not feet you or if you have other queries.

If you wish to purchase it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.

I'm a serious seller and a fair trader and I prefer to deal with a serious buyer. I apologize for this inconvenience and I hope you will understand why I am conducting the deal in this manner.If you consider yourself one please e-mail me back so we can start our deal.
Please email me with any questions you may have.

Thank you,
(Her Name)
eBay ID: ********
Old 11-27-09, 01:26 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Scam.................. btw, I go to Kershaw pretty regularly (there is a racetrack there) and there are not that many (any I recall) Lexus vehicles in that little town. Much less a trucking company warehouse.

It's 1 1/2 hours each way or I'd offer to check it out for you.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-27-09 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-27-09, 01:35 PM
CPMD
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Geez...people will do anything for money.
Old 11-27-09, 01:37 PM
VegasMade
Driver School Candidate

Yea...you think so? I wasn't sure thats why i wanted to see what you guys thought. I emailed her back and asked for the trucking company's number and aslo hers.Isn't Ebay pretty legit? i have never delt with it before.
Old 11-27-09, 01:44 PM
CPMD
Advanced

Honestly, Ebay is full of scams, you just have to keep your eye open. I remember reading about a "would be scam" on CL a little while ago.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...life-time.html

If I were you, I would stay clear away from this person who you are dealing with on craigslist. Personally, I would rather be safe than sorry, and remember, if it is too good to be true...
Old 11-27-09, 02:03 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Originally Posted by VegasMade
Yea...you think so? I wasn't sure thats why i wanted to see what you guys thought. I emailed her back and asked for the trucking company's number and aslo hers.Isn't Ebay pretty legit? i have never delt with it before.
They are not making the deal through ebay. See point #2 in your post.

They will send us the forms by email - for you about the payment
Old 11-27-09, 02:20 PM
tromly
Pole Position

SCAM, SCAM,SCAM, I've seen it before , 6 months ago from a guy in FL. Run away from this deal, good luck !
Old 11-27-09, 03:19 PM
k.r.e.a.m.
Pole Position

Scam!
Mama always said that if it's too good to be true, RUN!
Old 11-27-09, 04:44 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

scam...for sure. post their email or link to the car...I'd like to have some fun

I've dealt with people like this before and gave them Disneyland's address to mail under Mick E. Mowse
Old 11-27-09, 05:09 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

is this the car?

http://columbia.craigslist.org/ctd/1471345026.html

I've noticed alot of GS scams in the south east lately, I actually kept going back and fourth acting interested in a few just to see how long i could annoy and drag it out for the scammer.

I live like 15 mins away from Kershaw SC btw..

Anytime you need to get a moneygram or anything like that you can know it's a scam

everyone's pretty much went over everything on here regarding scams but, those scammers always send you some fake Ebay email ..
Old 11-27-09, 05:36 PM
VegasMade
Driver School Candidate

^^YES!!! that is the car.
Old 11-27-09, 05:53 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

When i posted my watches on Craigslist i got a email saying that they would buy one but they lived in Europe or something like that. If there willing to buy it for more than your asking its a scam..
Old 11-27-09, 06:45 PM
zrzsky
Rookie

do not trust that kind the email, that is fake. there are some listed the cheap price car on Craigslist. when you email them, they will ask you for some info. name address act.
they will send you the fake ebay invoice ask you to send money.( jsut forward the email to spoof@ebay.com ebay will reply you back that is a fake email),
so be careful
Old 11-27-09, 07:33 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

ask him to meet you n wait for him with a bat... eff scammers.