GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

vc26708

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-09, 11:45 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts
Default vc26708

VC26708 Yup, that would be the code for having curtains in your front windows... Anyone else get a ticket for them? Cop also decided to get me for not having plates on front bumper, and low and behold my insurance card just expired (not insurance, just my card hadnt renewed) (violation #3) AND, I just moved and for some reason the DMV ADDED my address to existing address instead of replacing my old address, so thats violation #4. Oh and did I mention I was parked when I got this ticket I have to say, the cop was cool, but still a ***** move apparently he was going to town with that parking lot cause a rent-a-cop walked by and said, "rackin them up today huh". But at the same time the cop kept on saying, "dude, your car is sweet" with that hand gesture like 'whoa, step back'. He even took pics of my car and cause I dont know how to stop a conversation, he kept asking things about my car and we BS'ed for like 15mins... He kept saying i'm a car guy I'm a car guy, so you would think he could have over looked at leat ONE violation I'm pissed the ticket, but cop was just doing his job just a but over and beyond on a slow night, I mean its a Wednesday for crying out loud I wasnt even crusin or anything. Anyways, I think the fix it ticket cost went up to like $25, so thats $100 easily racked up on one stop...

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 10-15-09 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-15-09, 05:35 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well first off, this thread reminds me to take my new insurance cards with me that I received last week. I don't think every cop out there is a douche. I typically don't pay them any mind when one is behind me, in front of me, or at the side. Most of them are checking the car out. Now automatically you think that they are just looking for something to pull you over for. The typical running of the plates, seeing if you have your front plate, loud exhausts and of course tinted windows. After reading your thread, I realize that some cops are car enthusiasts too. I say this also because cops are younger in age now so they can relate to the modded car scene somewhat. The cops I grew up with were old school and probably see what we do to cars as distasteful. But there are still many of them out there ready to pull us over. A state trooper lives a few houses down and has complimented me before. Mind you he's a young looking guy and made the comment even with all my windows tinted. Recently there was one on my driver's side in a turn lane who I saw checking me out. At one point he lifted his neck a bit which I think to see my rims and what not. I didn't entertain it so I just looked away and waited for the light to change. Who knows what he was thinking. After all I'm breaking the law by having my front windows tinted dark as can be.
Old 10-15-09, 06:19 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

I thought it was ok to have black windows in NY?
Old 10-15-09, 06:28 AM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no in ny its not legal in the front only in the back.. and i got pulled over once before and the cop was starring at my curtains in the front while he gave me a ticket for my tints. but he didnt say anything about them
Old 10-15-09, 07:28 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

That stinks man.. I guess there just for show only..
Old 10-15-09, 07:31 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LudeNsoL
no in ny its not legal in the front only in the back.. and i got pulled over once before and the cop was starring at my curtains in the front while he gave me a ticket for my tints. but he didnt say anything about them
yea, I got pulled over once (very much harassment) and she said she didnt know what she could ticket me for with them. Pulled over for tinted tails, (a hole cop) and even HE didnt give me ticket for them; just got ticket for running red light (going to court for that one) he too didnt get me for them; pulled over for tinted windows (just like you did) and didnt get ticket for them. They guy was honestly just bored

Kinda funny, I didnt realize till after ward, he looked JUST like Seth Rogen as the cop on Superbad! LoL it was funny.
Old 10-15-09, 08:07 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

cops in sacramento dont care i dink, i stopped at a red light next to one and was hiding beside my curtains haha.. he didnt do nuttin
Old 10-15-09, 09:40 AM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i got a stupid fixit ticket for no front plate when i cruised up to San fran.
he had nothing to write me up for so he just nitpicked and gave me no front plate
Old 10-15-09, 10:00 AM
3UZFTE

What was the ticket exactly for? I mean i am sure the curtains aren't legal, but are they supposed to block your view? 2 things... I got a ticket for having no front plate, even though it was in my front windshield at the time and the car was parked... That a diiickhead move. The second is that I had 35% tint all the way around, minus the windshield, driving down University Ave, which is where the gear heads cruise, a car passed me at about 10-15 mph faster than I was going, at this same time, a cop was driving down the road on the other way, pulled a U turn, and pulled me over for my tint, while mentioning the other guy was really moving.............. DWB... Driving while black.
Old 10-15-09, 02:17 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 3UZFTE
What was the ticket exactly for?
If you click the link I posted, it falls under obstruction of view. Its a logical violation, just something stretched cause its not really obstructing. I believe I could fight it very much, just not worth it.

and theres no such thing as DWB. I have a peeve about people who believe that. Theres no precedence to the fact... but lets not get in to that.
Old 10-15-09, 03:36 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

real dcik cop.
Old 10-15-09, 05:13 PM
3UZFTE

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
If you click the link I posted, it falls under obstruction of view. Its a logical violation, just something stretched cause its not really obstructing. I believe I could fight it very much, just not worth it.

and theres no such thing as DWB. I have a peeve about people who believe that. Theres no precedence to the fact... but lets not get in to that.
Sorry, I was on my iPhone, it didn't show up as a link. Well that sucks. Yeah, that's a whole different debate, but I'm sure every has their own beliefs, ive just experienced it more than once, I do know some cool *** cops.
Old 10-15-09, 05:26 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 3UZFTE
Sorry, I was on my iPhone, it didn't show up as a link. Well that sucks. Yeah, that's a whole different debate, but I'm sure every has their own beliefs, ive just experienced it more than once, I do know some cool *** cops.
Well, unless you're statement of "dwb" was for driving with 'black' tint..... umm, you got pulled over for your tint right? not for being black. Seems like a precedented traffic stop. and with tint, cant really tell if one's red/yellow/black/or white.
Old 10-15-09, 05:35 PM
kingof901s
Driver

That sucks man!!! but I got pulled over plan bunch of times and my bumps but when they pull me over I just show them my Military ID they let me go ^_^
Old 10-15-09, 05:38 PM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

if u wanna sell ur curtains let me know>>>>>>>>...

Quick Reply: vc26708