GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Whats up with all the new people in the 2Gs section?

Old 08-24-09, 09:45 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Whats up with all the new people in the 2Gs section?

As the title states, there seem to be a large amount of new faces turning up in this, the 2Gs section. I wonder if cash for clunkers had anything to do with it, LOL. I'm starting to feel more and more like a Honda owner as all the OG user posts are slowly stopping and everything is reverting back to the foo-foo mod days. Next thing we will be having threads about which APC mufflers would look mad tyte yo!?!

If things come to that I will be forced to sell my GS.

Last edited by macd7919; 08-24-09 at 09:51 PM.
Old 08-24-09, 09:59 PM
tonysgs300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by macd7919
which APC mufflers would look mad tyte yo!?!
So uh Whick APC Should i go with?? I was thinking the Titanium tip one??? NO I'm playing!
Old 08-24-09, 10:04 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

That's it, want to buy my Gs? LOL, jk. I'm not to that point........yet.
Old 08-24-09, 10:05 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The C.A.R.S. program was for new cars....
Old 08-24-09, 10:05 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

its cuz gs's are cheap nowadays.
plus lots of kids are switching over to lexus so they can do vip style
Old 08-24-09, 10:14 PM
TYPEII
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's because the GS is at a cheap price where younger people can afford them and rice them up...Not back in the days when the price was 20K +
Old 08-24-09, 10:15 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

lollllllllllllll
Old 08-24-09, 10:27 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

It's a shame really, for the most part the new generation coming in has no concept of quality mods or the work to build a car right. They only know how to throw some obnoxious fart box muffler on with a set of skunk2 coilovers and 3 15's in the trunk rolling on TenzoR 17x3" wheels. It makes the whole scene look bad, not to mention ruins the market for people who have built their cars right because the newbs can't grasp the difference between HKS and APC, hey, they are both 3 letters so they must be the same right?
Old 08-24-09, 10:28 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPEII
It's because the GS is at a cheap price where younger people can afford them and rice them up...Not back in the days when the price was 20K +
Its crazy because that was only a few years ago and i paid a little over 20k for mine.. Now i'll be lucky to see anything in the 16-18k range...

but yea there are many new members in the GS section. Many of the Original guys just don't post anymore.. You can tell by the cars in the classifieds... There are some nice ones..

I guess its time to move on for some people...
Old 08-24-09, 10:32 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by macd7919
It's a shame really, for the most part the new generation coming in has no concept of quality mods or the work to build a car right. They only know how to throw some obnoxious fart box muffler on with a set of skunk2 coilovers and 3 15's in the trunk rolling on TenzoR 17x3" wheels. It makes the whole scene look bad, not to mention ruins the market for people who have built their cars right because the newbs can't grasp the difference between HKS and APC, hey, they are both 3 letters so they must be the same right?
just because they are new to the lexus doesnt mean they dont know about cars.
theres guys that come from different cars before.
myself, i came from the nissan 240sx crowds
my friend came from rx7s
and my other friend came from hondas
Old 08-24-09, 10:40 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

I said "for the most part". Secondly, just read through the current thread topics, they speak for themselves.
Old 08-24-09, 10:42 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Its a car, get over it. If you are that influenced by what other people do or buy you need to get help and soon.
Old 08-24-09, 10:58 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pizdets17
Its a car, get over it. If you are that influenced by what other people do or buy you need to get help and soon.
Ahem, apparently you are taking this thread personally, it was not aimed at anyone in particular.

Secondly, there is no point in trying to explain what I'm talking about to you because you wouldn't understand. For example, look at the join dates of most of the guys posting in this thread, there are a couple of us from as far back as 2004 who have been here and watched the board change. You are simply showing your ignorance by saying it's "just a car, get over it". Once you have been here for a considerable amount of time (I see you are yet to finish out one month as a member) you will see that there is a community of people here that have formed out of YEARS of membership, when the community starts to shift, long term members and the original guys commonly referred to as the O.G's (long term members know who I'm talking about) of the board take notice.

Anyways, enjoy your time here but please don't come in wet behind the ears trying to tell people whats what.

P.s - You may find that you need the help of someone who has been here for awhile and been there/done that at some point, keep that in mind and check the attitude at the door.

Last edited by macd7919; 08-25-09 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-24-09, 11:40 PM
Baliztik
Lexus Test Driver

Um no offense OG macd7919, but making a thread like this is just asking to be attacked. You are making a general statement, if you really meant "for the most part" then it would not bother you, because first you would be able to accept the fact that there are people trying to do it right. Second, a lot of OG's started in the "wrong" direction, but hey they all ended up legends, so you can't expect new members to automatically "get it right" when "for the most part" OG GS's had no direction, it was all exploration, new parts, new car. I have mad respect for all the old members on this forum, and if new member presence has you feeling like CL is changing then I'm sorry, but this is a forum, it's open to everyone. Anyways, just remember new people are new, they don't know their way around, even the search function isn't helping. But if they want to upgrade their car and can't afford a JP kit and air, then let them get drop springs and a kit from extreme dimensions or something. A car is built how the owner wants it. If they like it that way, you gotta respect it. I'll be coming out soon with an intro on my car, feel free to comment on it, I think every mod I've done is tasteful, and if you don't like it feel free to bash when I post it. Everybody, happy modding.
Old 08-24-09, 11:57 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Baliztik
Um no offense OG macd7919, but making a thread like this is just asking to be attacked. You are making a general statement, if you really meant "for the most part" then it would not bother you, because first you would be able to accept the fact that there are people trying to do it right. Second, a lot of OG's started in the "wrong" direction, but hey they all ended up legends, so you can't expect new members to automatically "get it right" when "for the most part" OG GS's had no direction, it was all exploration, new parts, new car. I have mad respect for all the old members on this forum, and if new member presence has you feeling like CL is changing then I'm sorry, but this is a forum, it's open to everyone. Anyways, just remember new people are new, they don't know their way around, even the search function isn't helping. But if they want to upgrade their car and can't afford a JP kit and air, then let them get drop springs and a kit from extreme dimensions or something. A car is built how the owner wants it. If they like it that way, you gotta respect it. I'll be coming out soon with an intro on my car, feel free to comment on it, I think every mod I've done is tasteful, and if you don't like it feel free to bash when I post it. Everybody, happy modding.
I have to disagree with you about asking to be attacked, while I don't care if people attack me for this thread or not it is a well known fact between the "older" members that the forum is changing. If you read back through this thread you will find that the only people who "disagree" with what I posted are not long term members. This isn't the first time this subject has been talked about, maybe not on the forum directly but between members at meets etc...You also can't disagree with the FACT that the majority of the people who have been here for a long time have stopped posting though many of them still own their GS. It's not because they aren't into cars anymore it's because it's the same thing over and over about what LED bulb to use, or the color of someone's Fusa or how low you can get your car, undeniably there has been a shift to "rice" oriented mods.

I actually don't consider myself to be one of the OG's. I was more referring to Dave, Glen, Mitch, Jeff (TTurboPimp) etc.... I also didn't say this isn't a free forum, it is...I was a newb once as well....what I AM saying is that there is a push on the forum that is changing the direction of the mindset of the owners to more so of a Honda (just using it as an example because we have all seen the riced out Honda's around our town) and away from the luxury aspect of Lexus, you know, one of the traits of Lexus that attracted you to it in the beginning.

It doesn't have anything to do with money because I am hurting for money just as bad as anyone else right now, it's the fact that many of the newer (again, not all) people aren't persevering to do "quality" mods, the reason we are losing alot of the OG members and innovators on the forum is because the market the car is now appealing to is the market that alot of people left because of the "rice" mindset. I could go on but for the sake of space etc...(and my bedtime coming up, lol) I'll end it here but I think you can agree with me that the push that was once maintaining the Lexus name and "image", so to speak, with classy mods and applications has changed to the mindset of "what can I do to my car just for the sake of putting something on it" which unfortunately most of the time just looks tacky.

P.s- You don't have to worry about me bashing your car I don't comment on other peoples cars unless I have something nice to say or they ask to be commented on and it's something that is over the top out of place.

Last edited by macd7919; 08-25-09 at 12:43 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whats up with all the new people in the 2Gs section?