GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Plaza Lexus killed my wheels!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-09, 07:53 PM
clevercat
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plaza Lexus killed my wheels!!!!

I recently purcahsed GS as the daily driver and needed the master key so I took my GS to the Plaza Lexus Dealer, St. Louis MO.
It was Saturday morning appointment at 8:30 AM. I went there little early and waited for close to 1 hour. I just waited since I never done this before. I was thinking to myself programming a key should be 10 minute job.

It was check out time. The service guy got my attention by pointing invoice to me. I followed him into his office. He charged me $ 72.00 for the labor only. He said it was 1 hour job but he is charging me for half hour only.
I did not like his attitude at all.

I noticed my car has been washed and there were weird white stains on my wheels but I was in hurry so I just went home thinking that I can just wipe them off with the wet paper towel.

Well, they did not come off because they were etched into wheels so I went back to Plaza Lexus and told them to clean my wheels. The service guy took it back to the shop and then returned the GS in same condition.

I told him my wheels were not in that condition when I drove my GS for service. He said they did not damage my wheels and dirt just came out from wheels. He said I can probably wax it off.

I came home and I made some phone calls. My friends said the toxic chemicals stained wheels and it is really tuff to take them off even with the high speed polisher.

I called the Plaza Lexus service and complained. The service manger said he was the one who was taking care of me. He said they did not damage my wheels. I told him it was not in that condition when I took it in to the dealer.

Furthermore, why did they wash my car? I did not ask for them to wash my car. He said they wash 100s of cars nothing in their car wash damages wheels. He said he is tired of telling me this three times and then he gave me his name. He was rude and I had nothing to talk to him about so I hung up the phone. My friend called me and said Plaza MB (same dealer) messed up his $6K IFORGE wheels on his CLS 55 AMG and basically told him to get lost.

After thinking about it for a while, I called Lexus USA and complained to them. Lexus USA suppose to call me back within next couple days. I also reviewed the invoice and found a misc shop supplies for $ 9.38. The master key was pre paid $156 so I need to find out why did they charge me for $ 9.38.

I just cannot believe these idiots damaged my Roja wheels.

Last edited by clevercat; 10-26-10 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-09-09, 08:02 PM
SYNSEI
Driver

Complaints to corporate do pay off a fair amount of the time. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 08-09-09, 08:21 PM
sjlexus408
Driver

it will not come off they put acid on your wheels. usually at my dealership they use this acid to take off alot of rock,bugs or dirt that is stuck to your car but they would have to wash it off right away.i made this mistake myself by putting acid on my lowenhart(i thought it was car wash soap because they were the same color), so after putting this stuff on my wheels i let it settle in direct sunlight. when it came time to wash it off i got the same result you got. i tried to buff it off with every polish they have but nothing works. you should file a complaint because your wheels are offically ruined.
Old 08-09-09, 11:43 PM
lo_dit
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn that really sucks. wth is that anyways? hope you get something done about this
Old 08-10-09, 03:04 AM
geeznuts
Lexus Test Driver

ooh yeah thats acid. lots of dealer car washers use them. most "detailers" know what they do to wheels so they dont use them. I used to only use it for my dayton wires. Keep complaining go to his boss. GL
Old 08-10-09, 05:11 AM
denIS200
Lead Lap

I made this mistake too. I have use this product to recover my wheels :

Hope this help.

Denis.
Old 08-10-09, 05:15 AM
denIS200
Lead Lap

Same product properties, more common in your country

or this one too

Denis.
Old 08-10-09, 07:33 AM
JiBBeL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Were those pics taken down at Speed & Sound south of STL? Looks familiar. Hopefully you can enough pressure on Plaza to have them pay to restore the wheels. good luck!
Old 08-10-09, 09:23 AM
Attn2Dtail
Driver School Candidate

Is the lip polished or chrome dipped? I've recovered wheels in that condition aslong as its a polished lip. It'll take some time but Meguiars M105 and some patience will being back your original wheel and probably look even better.
Old 08-10-09, 09:42 AM
spotxc
Pit Crew

Received 125 Likes on 37 Posts

Yea I just had this happen to me on my 3GS to my new work wheels. JM Lexus did the same thing and denied it just like yours did. Some of it comes off with very hard work, but some parts of the wheels are just destroyed, especially the bottom part of the lip where it sat and dripped onto to.
Old 08-10-09, 11:13 AM
clevercat
Lead Lap

Just received a phone call from Lexus USA.

She said she talk to the Plaza Lexus Service Manger and Lexus USA is not going to do anything about this situation. I asked her if I could send pictures to her. She said she deals on telephone base only. She said I could send pictures to the Plaza Lexus.

She said the AFTERMARKET WHEELS ARE NOT LEXUS PRODUCT so they cannot do anything. Furthermore, Plaza Lexus washes 100s of cars and they have no problem with other cars.

I told her to stop repeating what the Plaza Lexus Service Manger told me, I told her my car went in for the service, they washed my car without my consent and they damage my wheels.

I asked her why did Plaza Lexus washed my car without my consent? She said that is a good gesture on their part.

WOW!
Old 08-10-09, 11:28 AM
99Aristo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sjlexus408
it will not come off they put acid on your wheels. usually at my dealership they use this acid to take off alot of rock,bugs or dirt that is stuck to your car but they would have to wash it off right away.i made this mistake myself by putting acid on my lowenhart(i thought it was car wash soap because they were the same color), so after putting this stuff on my wheels i let it settle in direct sunlight. when it came time to wash it off i got the same result you got. i tried to buff it off with every polish they have but nothing works. you should file a complaint because your wheels are offically ruined.
x2...wheel acid is a killer on aluminum. You can try Mothers polish on them or any other form of aluminum polish and get out your elbow grease as it will take along time to polish out. Sorry to see this happen
Old 08-10-09, 01:22 PM
spotxc
Pit Crew

Received 125 Likes on 37 Posts

Yea Lexus USA doesnt do anything. They say they can only advise the dealer on what to do. Its up to the dealer and all of them say the same thing, our chemicals are not harmful, we only use soap and water, we wash 1000s of cars and they are all fine. Its total BS!
Old 08-10-09, 01:37 PM
esolo98
Advanced

This really stinks, now I am greatful that the Lexus dealer couldnt get my car into their carwash, they said my car is too low.
Hopefully you can make them look good again
Old 08-10-09, 02:19 PM
Legends6spd
Lexus Test Driver

all u can do from this point on is legal action

Quick Reply: Plaza Lexus killed my wheels!!!!