GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

I think the time has come i want to sell my gs

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-09, 08:45 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I think the time has come i want to sell my gs

Here is the current list of mods done to the car as of right now

1. TOMS REAR BRACE

2.CARSON TUNED CAPS

3.S&S HEADERS

4.BACK UP CAMERA

5.ROLLED FENDERS

6: HKS GS Hipermax LS+ Coil-overs

7: BORLA EXAHUST

8: TRD SWAYS (FRONT & REAR)

9: TRD STRUT BAR

10: RMM CARBON FIBER ENGINE COVER

11: RMM BODY KIT

12: L-SPORT LINE ROOF SPOLIER

13: TOM'S 6 LINKS IN THE REAR

14: SC 430 SHIFTER

15: 01 CLUSTER

16: VIPER 791

17: TRD FUEL CAP COVER

18: TRD OIL CAP

19: TRD RADIATOR CAP

20: TRD LOWER BRACE

21: A SET OF 20" ZONE 3 WITH POLISHED CENTERS 20x10 FRONT AND 20x11 REAR WRAPPED IN THE NEW FELKEN TIRES

22: ROTORA 6 PISTON BBK FRONT ROTORA 4 PISTON REAR BBK

23: JP GS160 Red/Clear Tail Light (Late Style) JUNCTION PRODUCE

24: JUNCTION PRODUCE GRILL

25: 30% TINT ALL THE WAY AROUND

26: PASSPORT RADAR 8500 X50

27: PIAA LED WEDGE BULBS IN AND OUT

28: AMERICAN STITCHES WOOD WHEEL

29: PIAA SPORTS HORN

30: CUSTOM PEDAL SET

31: K&N AIR FILTER

32: ALPINE AV301

33: ALPINE NVE N8782A (NAVI)

34: ALPINE (6 DISC CD CHANGER)

35: ORION HCCA 5" COMPONETS (FRONT & REAR)

36: JL 300/4

37: JL 500/1

38: JL 12W7

39. 1 8O GIG IPOD

40. JUNCTION PRODUCE REAR WING

41. SUPRA THIRD BREAK LIGHT

42. JDM WIND VISORS

43. ALL NEW LEATHER INSIDE

44. CARSON BILLET CAPS

45. CHROME TRUNK BAR

46. CUSTOM 2~TONE PAINT JOB

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...y-of-pics.html
Old 07-23-09, 09:18 PM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow.... That's all I could say right now One of the top(if not the top) gs's on this site. One question .... why?

Last edited by BLAZE; 07-23-09 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-23-09, 09:23 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by BLAZE
Wow.... That's all I could say right now One of the top(if not the top) gs's on this site. One question .... why?
Hands down one the best on CL.. Always one step ahead of all of us.. Car is perfection
Old 07-23-09, 09:37 PM
Baliztik
Lexus Test Driver

Very clean... are you going to part out?
Old 07-23-09, 09:43 PM
LexFather

So you are thinking about it? Not sure whats going on here.
Old 07-23-09, 09:46 PM
handoverfi
Pole Position

you plan on parting??? lol just out of curiousity how much for the grill, jdm visors and the chrome trunk bar??

but sorry to hear you selling
Old 07-23-09, 09:54 PM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ill take the JLs sub and amps lol
Old 07-23-09, 11:18 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yup its time for me as well my car is for sale also
Old 07-24-09, 12:48 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
yup its time for me as well my car is for sale also
Shawn are you serious You just did a whole transformation on your car..

GL...
Old 07-24-09, 12:54 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Shawn are you serious You just did a whole transformation on your car..

GL...
yes the thread will be up soon
Old 07-24-09, 03:59 AM
BLAZE
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ Double wow.... Good luck guy's..A sad day for you, but it will be like Christmas morning for the new owner
Old 07-24-09, 05:25 AM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

when I read this thread i did a double take...I hope it aint because of the economy...bummer
Old 07-24-09, 05:37 AM
Rob Daddy
Lead Lap

I felt like this last month, but i realized i would losing the best car i have ever owned. i guess for me being in the automotive service business i see a lot of the new "crap" that comes out & all of the problems that they have. Especially for what they are charging these days! what i came up with, is in my opinion there are very few well constructed cars as good as 2GS! I will re-do mine & hopefully in a couple years be able to put "Antique" tags on it.
I will however give thanks to one of the cars that inspired me to even get one. It will be sad to see a work of art like this one leave. I just hope the next owner RESPECTS what he/she will be getting. This surely is not a blank check car.
Let me know what you want for it. I know some true enthusiasts that would preserve & protect what was created

I do know what you build next will have some heat with it
Old 07-24-09, 08:15 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Man this is sad to hear- your car has always been one of my favorites. What's next?
Old 07-24-09, 08:31 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rob Daddy
I felt like this last month, but i realized i would losing the best car i have ever owned. i guess for me being in the automotive service business i see a lot of the new "crap" that comes out & all of the problems that they have. Especially for what they are charging these days! what i came up with, is in my opinion there are very few well constructed cars as good as 2GS! I will re-do mine & hopefully in a couple years be able to put "Antique" tags on it.
I will however give thanks to one of the cars that inspired me to even get one. It will be sad to see a work of art like this one leave. I just hope the next owner RESPECTS what he/she will be getting. This surely is not a blank check car.
Let me know what you want for it. I know some true enthusiasts that would preserve & protect what was created

I do know what you build next will have some heat with it
I have been feeling the same way lately. My car is pretty much finished(except for the SC 430 wheels if I should decide to put those on) and once there is nothing left to mod and get excited about, your eye starts wandering. With the economy, luxury car prices are so low that it really makes me wonder- I could probably sell my car and put a few grand with it and get a 2006-2007 GS easily. I have been looking, just for the hell of it...

At the end of the day though, just like you note, I can't bring myself to really seriously part with this car. I too have worked in the automotive business and I truly feel like "they just don't build 'em like they used to." The way our cars are put together, over-engineered, and designed makes them classics in my mind. The exterior is really timeless, the interior is probably one of the highest quality ever built and still has a beautiful design, and the reliability is bulletproof. Even though I trust Lexus, last thing I would want to do is get out of my car and into a new GS or IS and have a sensor here or there go out, or some other small issue. Cars are so complex now that the smallest things cost an arm and a leg. Our cars are relatively simple and yet still offer a nice dose of technology and the right features where it counts.

Another reason is that I cannot quite part with her is the engine. The JZ is the last of a dying breed as only BMW continues on with the design. It's so smooth and so beautiful to listen to that I don't know if I could ever love another engine like I love this one. Yes, it's old, but it's a classic too.

I also have yet to find a car that's better steering/driving/handling than mine, which makes sense because I have modded it to suit my tastes. I can't stand the new electronic power steering in most cars, and love the fact that I can actually feel some of what goes on between my tires and the pavement. With the TRD sways, springs, shocks, Daizen bushings, and my tire/wheel choice, I absolutely love driving my car- smooth and silky, but also tight, taut, and communicative.

It kind of feels like being married for a few years, after all the honeymoonish crap wears off and reality settles in. You have all these younger, hotter girls walking around letting you know you could tag it if you wanted it and it's tempting, but at the end of the day, you and your wife have been through your ups and downs and you know that what you have is worth it. There have been good days and bad days, and she might no longer be the hottest or the youngest with the best stuff, but she's still yours and you've been through it together, and that's what makes her the best.

:tear:

Quick Reply: I think the time has come i want to sell my gs