GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Anyone got a bike rack on their GS???

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-10, 10:10 PM
jedi23
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

very nice /great picture
Old 01-27-11, 08:42 AM
alley19
Driver School Candidate

I have a Yakima rack for sale with fairing and ski attachemnts. Sell complete for $350 needs only mount clips for your specific car.
Old 07-07-11, 11:03 AM
magnetik
Pole Position

I have the hitch mount still but just got the Yakima rack installed like others on this thread. I still use the hitch for the bike but got the rack for my fishing kayak. I will post pics as soon as I get my paddles. I haven't seen too many GS's w/ kayaks on top yet. heh
Old 07-07-11, 01:56 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by magnetik
I have the hitch mount still but just got the Yakima rack installed like others on this thread. I still use the hitch for the bike but got the rack for my fishing kayak. I will post pics as soon as I get my paddles. I haven't seen too many GS's w/ kayaks on top yet. heh
glad someone is enjoying it, i sure wasn't. was one of the first things i unmodded from the car
you know u were my 4th feedback ever, now look at me....

btw u been AWOL for awhile, where you been?
Old 07-07-11, 02:18 PM
magnetik
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sakataj
glad someone is enjoying it, i sure wasn't. was one of the first things i unmodded from the car
you know u were my 4th feedback ever, now look at me....

btw u been AWOL for awhile, where you been?
damn.. you been doing some purchasing. heh Been travelling for work mostly.. actually was in Memphis yesterday. Vegas next week, and LA 2 weeks after that. Was rideless for a bit.. the discount tire said one of my rims had "rim cancer" (his words) Apparently factory Lexus OEM chrome wheels have a tendency to peel and deteriorate. Which causes the tire not to bead correctly. It got so bad I put a compressor in the trunk and ran it off the battery in the back for the stereo. I just ended up replacing the wheel. I had to fill it up in the morning, lunch, and before I left work. It was pretty annoying. heh
Old 07-08-11, 09:06 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

damn.. you been doing some purchasing. heh Been travelling for work mostly.. actually was in Memphis yesterday. Vegas next week, and LA 2 weeks after that. Was rideless for a bit.. the discount tire said one of my rims had "rim cancer" (his words) Apparently factory Lexus OEM chrome wheels have a tendency to peel and deteriorate. Which causes the tire not to bead correctly. It got so bad I put a compressor in the trunk and ran it off the battery in the back for the stereo. I just ended up replacing the wheel. I had to fill it up in the morning, lunch, and before I left work. It was pretty annoying. heh
Yeah i been buying everything. you should have hollered at me if you were in memphis, i would have def hung out. always like meeting CL members. next time you come through, holler at me....

yeah that would have lasted all of one day before i got annoyed with it
Old 07-11-11, 01:48 PM
magnetik
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sakataj
Yeah i been buying everything. you should have hollered at me if you were in memphis, i would have def hung out. always like meeting CL members. next time you come through, holler at me....

yeah that would have lasted all of one day before i got annoyed with it
for sure. I was actually celebrating July 4th with the owner of the ATC Fitness's out in Memphis. I go out pretty often for work and like catching a few NBA games every year.

I'll def give you a shout next time I come through.
Old 07-11-11, 02:13 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

for sure. I was actually celebrating July 4th with the owner of the ATC Fitness's out in Memphis. I go out pretty often for work and like catching a few NBA games every year.

I'll def give you a shout next time I come through.
sounds good, sadly i have NEVER been to a grizzleys game even though they here. i just dont really care for them. i will always go out for a drink though. holler at me per PM next time you coming and we'll meet up
Old 07-12-11, 02:02 PM
dejavu157
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bike racks look real nice on a gs!
Old 07-12-11, 02:12 PM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm looking into buying one to put on mine I just need to make sure I get the right one to fit....
Old 07-27-11, 04:37 PM
fuzzzz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh boy, I can't wait to get mine. Ive been doing lots of biking lately, and I don't care if it looks like those JDM fanbois.
Old 07-31-11, 04:49 PM
magnetik
Pole Position

little o.t. but didn't think it deserved it's own thread ... in case anyones wondering... what a gs with a bike rack looks like with a kayak on top.. here ya go. outside of seeing the front of the kayak in my fov, I couldn't tell it was there. (got a hitch too.. worked out great for my recent camping trip.) Who needs a truck when you got a GS. hahaha It wasn't really wife approved... so I got her the IS250 in the background. No more complaints. AMAZING. lol

Last edited by magnetik; 08-09-11 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-15-11, 06:35 PM
punch10
Driver

I need to purchase a roof rack and have been looking at thule and yakima. I would prefer to buy used and am leaning toward the yakima but I don't know what Q clips I need for the
Q tower setup. Does anyone know? Also, if I do buy new, where can I get the best deal. TIA.
Old 09-16-11, 01:36 PM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm running in the same problem...I dunno which clips to get for my GS....
Old 09-16-11, 01:39 PM
fluffybear
Driver School Candidate

i have a 08 gs460...anyone selling a roof rack??

Quick Reply: Anyone got a bike rack on their GS???