GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Hey gang, look what I found...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-02, 01:24 PM
LexFather

BTW, again this has been done by ATLBRAVE, he bought the e-class sideview lights, and had them installed on him sideview mirrors. Looks stock, since the lights went into the mirror, it looks AWESOME in person, an incredible mod. I believe he said everything with labor and parts was about $6-700. He got a custom body shop to do the work. It took them 6 weeks I think.
Old 08-17-02, 11:37 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out this link-----> http://www4.plala.or.jp/takefumi/parts/out/dmw.html
Old 08-18-02, 12:07 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

i am in. not only this is a good looking mod, but it also helps out a lot a safety driving. since GS's front blinkers is at the front inner headlight.
Old 08-18-02, 01:46 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by gsintensive
i am in. not only this is a good looking mod, but it also helps out a lot a safety driving. since GS's front blinkers is at the front inner headlight.
that's so true. people in your blind spot or next to you don't see you coming. these would solve that problem, but so would side markers if you like that. can anyone get a picture of what the mirror-side looks like?
Old 08-18-02, 03:49 AM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

hey bravo when u coming down to visit me again?

adding a side marker is a good idea, just have to figure out how to get it to work, and the blinker just much brighter and more noticeable.

that makes it very desirable ^^
Old 08-18-02, 06:58 AM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

We really need to figure this one out...The lasty time we spoke about this it went no where....nobody knows if these are covers and knows if it would have any adverse reactions to the electrical system in our cars...I inquired about it w/hiro but nothing since back when this thread first started...It would probably look better if it were actual mirrors but, I don't think anyone here really wants to spend $700 on mirrors and be w/o their car for almost 2 months....Let's get it together and figure out what we can do.
Old 08-18-02, 10:37 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by gsintensive
hey bravo when u coming down to visit me again?

adding a side marker is a good idea, just have to figure out how to get it to work, and the blinker just much brighter and more noticeable.

that makes it very desirable ^^
actually, i was down there over 4th of july and wanted to call and take YOU out for a meal but was with my whole family

next time, its definitely on me.

this blinker thing has been beat to death. and i'd be very cautious about setting up a group buy cause i bet the drop out rate would be really high since this is purely cosmetic, and not all that noticeable at that. let alone the price. exactly what you said, dagr8tsthustla. but it wouldn't take two months for us.
Old 08-18-02, 11:16 AM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a full mirror replacement from a Mercedes E class on the link

http://www4.plala.or.jp/takefumi/parts/out/dmw.htm
Old 08-18-02, 11:26 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

If it's a full replacement and someone's willing to be a guinea pig to see how it looks, I'm in. Not too commital huh?
Old 08-18-02, 10:42 PM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

If it's a full replacement....then I WILL DO IT, but I can't even access that link to see that one....I've been contemplating about this for the longest but don't know how to do this making the mercedes mirrors fully functional incl/the fold in feature. I know it would probably cost a lot but i"m still going to look into doing this.
Old 08-19-02, 10:24 PM
whago
Driver School Candidate

Default I'm in

I'm in let me know what the next step is
Old 08-19-02, 11:14 PM
RacingAristo

I already found a shop that sells new E-class blinkers cheaper than dealer. Not sure if I will have enough time to finish the project since GRE is next week and school will start soon! After reading the post at Mr. Syoukai's (?) website, this is nothing I can do in my garage. I don't possess enough craftmanship and bodykit experience to do this DIY. Certainly don't wanna screw up couple hundred dollars of blinkers.
Old 08-20-02, 12:43 AM
enginyr
Banned

Originally posted by RacingAristo
I already found a shop that sells new E-class blinkers cheaper than dealer. Not sure if I will have enough time to finish the project since GRE is next week and school will start soon! After reading the post at Mr. Syoukai's (?) website, this is nothing I can do in my garage. I don't possess enough craftmanship and bodykit experience to do this DIY. Certainly don't wanna screw up couple hundred dollars of blinkers.
I have a local body shop that will do fiberglass parts for pennies on the dollar.

They want me to buy the new win kit so that they can make duplicates......
Old 08-20-02, 02:21 AM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Is it safe to assume these mirrors have the defoggers like the stock mirrors? Also, is the person investigating the group buy option checking out all these different web sites selling them or is the first site listed already the cheapest and he's just trying to get a further discount? Forgive me if this is an ignorant question but I just started coming back to the site so I don't know how the group buy stuff works.
Old 08-20-02, 03:05 AM
RacingAristo

There is no group buy for the mirror blinkers whatsoever. You have to modify the stock GS ones with Mercedes E-class ones.

TOM'S doesn't work. V-Balance doesn't work. If it's only a cover for Aristo's mirror blinker, it won't work on GS.

Steve,
They ain't fiber glass. Those are poly. So....

Quick Reply: Hey gang, look what I found...