GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Custom GS400 on EBay, Nice!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-02, 10:44 AM
LX470Mann
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom GS400 on EBay, Nice!!

Heres a pretty nice looking GS400 on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1813528522
Old 03-17-02, 06:48 PM
Jayson
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice, but I wouldn't buy it. I don't trust custom stereo systems, never know what short cuts were taken, plus 12 inch suboofers are way too much for me. Maybe if I were in high school again would that appeal to me.

The car itself looks as though it's in great condition. That auto broker who is selling that car has a fantastic track record on eBay. Not one complaint, very impressive!
Old 03-17-02, 07:17 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whats this do-hiki?
Attached Thumbnails Custom GS400 on EBay, Nice!!-untitled.jpg  
Old 03-17-02, 07:33 PM
bichkikr
Pole Position

that's an isolator. it's normally used t charge extra batteries for audio systems. i've got 3 batteris in my GS and i've got one of these unfer the hood too. it charges all 3 batteries simultaniously whenever the car is running. cool little toy huh?
Old 03-17-02, 08:30 PM
BADGS400
Driver

umm.... you doubt that audio system??? you must be kidding, that is definatly a very nicely job done there, with good equipment PERIOD. only flaw i see is maybe the wire sizing and the brushed aluminum doesnt exacly match if you knwo what i mean...
Old 03-18-02, 01:00 PM
bichkikr
Pole Position

definately a nice install on that GS. very clean! as far as using the stock alternator, you can use it, mine is still stock even though i have 3 batteries, but it's best to get a high output one to replace the stock unit so that there isn't stress on the alternator. I have to upgrade mine, but i'm being lazy!
Old 03-18-02, 01:29 PM
LX470Mann
Pole Position

Yeah the aluminum around his deck looks cheap, what is that dial for? But the car seems to be a bit expensive, KBB values is 38,340. So 38,5 seems too high for buy it now. The RMM engine cover and anti-sway bar looks real tight and the install is really good, wonder if he was a CL member.
Old 03-18-02, 03:28 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up

Very CLean! Incredible Stereo Unstall. I'm sure it hits pretty hard!
Old 03-18-02, 03:50 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah the aluminum around his deck looks cheap, what is that dial for?
the dial is prolly a potentiometer that he uses as a volume control. its either for the subs or perhaps a center channel. i used to have on in my olds calais in the early 90's, when i competed in IASCA. the stereo install seems to be top notch, although i would recommend some protection over the positive posts on that isolator, just for safety sake. ahhh, brings me back to the good ol days when i spent 10G on a stereo install on a car worth 3. i just payed that stereo off last year and that was 2 cars ago

Doc
Old 03-18-02, 03:51 PM
BADGS400
Driver

Yeah the aluminum around his deck looks cheap, what is that dial for? But the car seems to be a bit expensive, KBB values is 38,340. So 38,5 seems too high for buy it now. The RMM engine cover and anti-sway bar looks real tight and the install is really good, wonder if he was a CL member.

The little dial you are talking about is the remote gain for the PG bass cube, allows you to ajust it quite easily, im not a fan of it though. i think the price is OK, not good, but it does have nice stuff in it, but god that brushed aluminum does look really nasty, im doing my ENTIRE dash like that, it will look really good, but just one piece...just doesnt look right
Old 03-18-02, 03:57 PM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

I think that car is amazing....and the price is hella cheap! what are you guys talking about? it's a 2000 GS400? 38,000 is low for a stock one.....let alone 19" volk wheels...and the deck looks nice....I have a bass cube but the **** is mounting in the center arm rest...
Old 03-18-02, 04:10 PM
ocnbrzz
Driver

Are you kiddin' me?

Any one who nit-picks that ride is just plain spoiled!!!

Try wanting a GS4 REEEAAALLL bad but can't quite get there.....

Then you can appreciate the car in the correct perspective...

Like me..

I would be d*mn proud to own that ride...any day, any time.

Put that in the record book!!
Old 03-18-02, 05:29 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Looks like a BARGAIN to me. I just wonder if it was in an accident or something.
Old 03-19-02, 07:23 AM
Jayson
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by CSHFLW
I think that car is amazing....and the price is hella cheap! what are you guys talking about? it's a 2000 GS400? 38,000 is low for a stock one.....let alone 19" volk wheels...and the deck looks nice....I have a bass cube but the **** is mounting in the center arm rest...
You are right as far as the GS400 in the auction being hella cheap, if you valuing the audio equipment as a plus. What some of the other members and are I pointing out is that what the owner of that car has tied up (as in $$$) in audio equipment and mods doesn't necessarily mean that he can command a premium price for the car.

I learned about 7 years ago when I was in the peak of my car customizing days that dealers won't give you squat for custom parts, accessories, or custom audio equipment. They will, however, give you about 50% of the retail value for sharp looking custom wheels. Matter of fact, suspension upgrades will cause a dealer to frown on the purchase of your car, period. I learned that lesson the hard way as well.

I'm getting older, so I guess my enthusiasm for custom cars is slowly diminishing. I find myself lately scanning the newspaper and the AutoTrader magazines for pre-owned GS400s with the Nakamichi audio system and stock chrome wheels rather than custom 19" wheels with a $10k audio system upgrade.

This is just my .02, the car in the auction IS in great condition (judging by the pics) and I am sure that it will sell, but not at the "buy it now" price.
Old 03-19-02, 07:52 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

I dunneo what prices you gus get around the US, but here that was the LOWERED price for a 2000 GS300 Plat. at the dealer about 5months ago. That car has a VERY expensive system. And you can sell your car for alot more then you paid for it if your good.....I did and so have other friends of mine....

Quick Reply: Custom GS400 on EBay, Nice!!