GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

How about these 20's on Green GS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-09, 11:35 PM
Bombsquad
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How about these 20's on Green GS?

These,

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/product...s&part_no=1539

on this..

Basically I need new tyres, I bought an Rx330 last week too so my Lexus Budget is kinda stretched..These are cheap..
Old 03-31-09, 12:51 AM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Not bad. I never heard of that brand but for a brand new wheel/tire package, it's a pretty decent deal. Of course, there will be some on here (including myself) that would say to hold off and wait for a good deal on a higher quality set of used but good condition wheels in the Wheels Classified. But in the end, if you like it, buy it.

I would do a bit of research on the wheel brand itself. Namely structural quality, finish quality, durability of the wheel, durability of the finish, etc.

GL with your decision!
Old 03-31-09, 02:12 AM
Bombsquad
Driver

Thanks..it's $1600 AUD. Which is about $1000USD? The picture doesn't show the lip well. Not my first choice by a long shot, but i'm thinking the slight black accent may help my whole black grille, badges, and limo tint theme i'm working on. If I was in the states and not over here, I would buy Gen3 GS wheels or LS430's or something like that. I upgraded my ES with RX rims and will upgrade my RX with bigger 18in or 19in Lexus rims.

I Like my current wheels, maybe painted. If you look at a side profile view of a lowered GS with 17's the back wheels are just a little too small..

In short, we got supply issues over here...
Old 03-31-09, 05:38 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the wheels! It also comes with a full lifetime structual warranty, you can't ask for anything better then that. Good luck
Old 03-31-09, 08:01 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 03-31-09, 08:50 AM
2k4CamkilA
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Staggered? Either way it looks nice.
Old 03-31-09, 01:16 PM
AsGs300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

looks good , you like you buy! and where's your sunroof?
Old 03-31-09, 01:38 PM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Bombsquad: I just looked at your location. I didn't realize you were in Australia. If that's the case, then it would be very costly to purchase a set here from U.S., especially if you're the one paying the shipping costs. Secondly, If the price is equal to only $1000 USD, I think that it is a great deal! I say go for it!

BTW: You should find out the offsets. Also, you may want to look into spacers for the rear since they are non-staggered. Spacers will give you the staggered look but also allow you to rotate the wheels/tires.

GL and happy modding!
Old 03-31-09, 08:00 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

tempe tyres is just dodgey cookie-cutter crap. i would never put anything from there on any kind of car if i had any idea about appearing exclusive or luxurious etc. just cheap nasty junk. i mean, could you honestly say to someone with a straight face when they asked you what wheels you had 'Oh they're Jet League F22 Raptor' !?!

theyre just made to universally fit almost anything. 20" (Check for the Commodore boys who want to say they have 20s) 8.5" wide (Check nice and skinny so theyll fit just about anything from a FWD Civic to a Commodore without any thought involved) and i bet offset is like +40 or something too so theyll be sunken as.

i'd genuinely rather stick with stockies until i coudl afford something better. or just scoure some used wheels / Yahoo Japan auctions for something.

buuuut if you desperately want cheap nasty 'yep bling 20s sik bro' then grab em.

lol wheel **** much...
Old 04-01-09, 02:40 AM
burma
Pole Position

yea Bombsquad, i would wait to save up for better wheels. I live in Sydney and Tempe Tyres do sell some high end wheels but most of their wheels are generic/cheap.

I know how you feel, everything in Australia is soo expensive and shipping kills us, not to mention the weak dollar. I kinda rushed when getting my wheels, i really like them and their decent quality-cost $3000 w/tyres but wish i waited and paid a little bit more for Japanese wheels with custom offsets.
Old 04-01-09, 03:36 AM
Bombsquad
Driver

Originally Posted by [ant]
tempe tyres is just dodgey cookie-cutter crap. i would never put anything from there on any kind of car if i had any idea about appearing exclusive or luxurious etc. just cheap nasty junk. i mean, could you honestly say to someone with a straight face when they asked you what wheels you had 'Oh they're Jet League F22 Raptor' !?!

theyre just made to universally fit almost anything. 20" (Check for the Commodore boys who want to say they have 20s) 8.5" wide (Check nice and skinny so theyll fit just about anything from a FWD Civic to a Commodore without any thought involved) and i bet offset is like +40 or something too so theyll be sunken as.

i'd genuinely rather stick with stockies until i coudl afford something better. or just scoure some used wheels / Yahoo Japan auctions for something.

buuuut if you desperately want cheap nasty 'yep bling 20s sik bro' then grab em.

lol wheel **** much...

Agreed, Lets put it down to a rush of blood! They are dodgy.. Do it nice or do it twice right? I'm just gonna tidy up my polished 17's or maybe even paint them. Got 1 tyre stripped today so I better make my mind up. Gunmetal grey on a green car or polished??

Oh and I'm thinking about running sumitomo's at $200 a corner? Supposed to be quiet? My goodyear F1's are noisy..

Suggestions please??

Oh and for the Aussie GS guys, can we start like a regional register or forum or something?

Thanks to everyone has contributed thus far appreciate it...
Old 04-01-09, 06:53 AM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

sorry if i came down a bit harsh earlier haha i tend to be a bit blunt when i reply from work cause i need to be short and sharp before someone sees me on forums haha!

i think polished would be nice, black is a bit dodgey sometimes and gunmetal may end up looking a bit 'dirty'. but it may be a nice change if you dont want to be too flashy.

hmm im unsure on tyres re:noise, my stock 16" Advans were noisy and my 19" Nexens are quite noisy but thats all i can comment on!

yeah it would be nice to have an Australian subsection on here. there is one on VIPstylecars forums (though its very quiet) and then theres Australian Club Lexus forums but yuo can go on those once every 6 month and you dont miss anything! haha