GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS HID Ballast clip/ Front bumper removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-09, 10:04 AM
nar8ta
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default GS HID Ballast clip/ Front bumper removal

What up everyone,

Does anyone know where I can buy a OEM ballast clip (white two prong) which connects to the car’s wire harness to ignite them. I bought an extra set of headlights and the ballast clip was cut. I hard wired it for now and works fine but want to buy the clip for a neater connection. I see GS ballasts on eb*y all the time but don't want to pay 200 for two ballasts when there is nothing wrong with these. I'll try and get a picture up so you can see what I'm talking about but I think you guys know what I mean. One wire has the clip that connects to the back of the bulb, the other wires are black and red which connects to a two prong white clip. If anyone has a link for clips please post it. I would really appreciate it. A buddy of mine said Autozone may have it but I’m not sure.

Also I finally took off ½ of the front bumper to swop my light which was hell on wheels. Bro...I will never forget last night’s episode. I did the passenger side and will try again tomorrow to do the driver side. I'm 6' 4 " with big hands, to go through the fog light hole to get to those two fender screws in the corner was just nuts. Thanks V (Spyder78) for answering your phone when I called 20 times LOL. By tomorrow I can send out my headlights to start the LS 430 retrofit. What color should I paint the inner reflector….I’m thinking flat gun metal because the car is alpine silver.

Again thanks for the support yall…. I need to take some pictures of all the stuff in my room waiting to install.

Last edited by nar8ta; 03-16-09 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-16-09, 10:29 AM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The two white prongs that you're speaking of is called the pigtail connector. Unfortunately, they are not sold seperately. I tried to get them when I was going to use my denso slim ballast on the GS300 HID housing and came up empty.
Old 03-16-09, 11:50 AM
nar8ta
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
The two white prongs that you're speaking of is called the pigtail connector. Unfortunately, they are not sold seperately. I tried to get them when I was going to use my denso slim ballast on the GS300 HID housing and came up empty.

Thanks Alexus....that truley sucks...did you try and find an aftermarket pigtail connector... or did you stick with OEM. If I can find an aftermarket that will satisty me also. Did you try here

http://oemconnection.com/wire-harness-connectors.html

Last edited by nar8ta; 03-16-09 at 12:07 PM.