GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

GS430 Got Hit, Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-08, 08:55 AM
milellie11
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default GS430 Got Hit, Need Advice

Hi folks,

My black 02 GS430 got hit last week(noticed it Saturday) as i have been parking on the street in front of my house so that my wife can put her car in the driveway. there is white scuff on the drivers side bumber and a dent. Then Tuesday, came outside and noticed on the passenger side a long dent on the fender and bumper of the passenger side along with the same color white paint that hit it on the other side. I hope no one is doing this purposefully(i have no enemies and i just moved in this neighborhood 4 months ago) so i think that it's someone that doesn't know how to drive and turn around in my cul-de-sac.

Anyway, i'm with Geico and got a police report. I took it this morning to one of the Geico preferred collision centers (Ourisman Chevrolet). This claim is covered under the uninsured motorist/unidentified motorist deductible $250. The adjuster saw my car this morning and said that i would have to file two seperate $250 deductible claims since they were two seperate incidents.

Should i call Geico and complain and see if they can just fix everything for $250? How would other insurance companies handle this? This is the last month of my 6 month policy for Geico. Should i threaten to leave?

Thanks
Old 12-26-08, 09:14 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

2 Different incidents = Two claims. It can't hurt to ask your insurance to work with you. If you have never made any claims before and have a clean driving record you can use that as arguing leverage along with the threat to leave. Also if you are a long time customer you can mention that as well.

If that fails I would get a price on both repairs and see if the cheaper is less then $250.00. If it is get the more expensive one fixed and ask the repair shop to also fix the second. In most cases they will work with you and do it for real cheap since the car is already there.

You can also get a quote on the more expensive damage from a expensive shop, like a dealer shop. Then take your check to a more reasonable shop and have both damages fixed.
Old 12-26-08, 09:49 AM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tell them you'll drop the second claim after they fix the first (which is also the second). Or threaten to sue/drop them. Now might be a good time to poke around for better rates...
Old 12-26-08, 10:27 AM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Debonair
2 Different incidents = Two claims. It can't hurt to ask your insurance to work with you. If you have never made any claims before and have a clean driving record you can use that as arguing leverage along with the threat to leave. Also if you are a long time customer you can mention that as well.

If that fails I would get a price on both repairs and see if the cheaper is less then $250.00. If it is get the more expensive one fixed and ask the repair shop to also fix the second. In most cases they will work with you and do it for real cheap since the car is already there.

You can also get a quote on the more expensive damage from a expensive shop, like a dealer shop. Then take your check to a more reasonable shop and have both damages fixed.
agreed with you on this one..Insurance agencies are there for you if you let them and im sure they can work with you beside they wants your business as much you want them. Another thing to is that the repair shop can also be you next bargain. Find out if they can help you. Sorry to hear what happen...Hope everything works out for you bro..

Last edited by JoelGs; 12-26-08 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-26-08, 10:50 AM
augdogg
Lead Lap

Yo, Geico suxxx!!! They love giving ppl the run around. I had to deal w/ them a few years back and trust me, if you need them to fight for you, you can forget about getting what your due....sorry to hear that about your car. My advice ride it through they're process then get new insurance...imo..
Old 12-26-08, 10:57 AM
Mr.412
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they should work with you on this, I mean none of it is your fault and I feel your pain....

BECAUSE THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME THIS MORNING!!!

that's right the day after x-mass i wake up and I'm headed to work and notice white tranfer paint on the rear bottom driver side of my bumper and it got me pissed!
i'm going to try and buff it out this weekend and switch my parking spot

WHY THEY HATING ON US GS DRIVER'S HUH???
Old 12-26-08, 11:01 AM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

It's best to avoid making small claims on your own insurance... it's just going to raise your rates...
Old 12-26-08, 11:23 AM
milellie11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by djspawn00
It's best to avoid making small claims on your own insurance... it's just going to raise your rates...

Well, Geico said that this is a "no fault" claim so it won't count against me. Hope they're not lying!
Old 12-26-08, 11:28 AM
milellie11
Intermediate

I called Geico this morning and spoke with a supervisor and pleaded my case mentioning that i have never made a claim or been in an accident and my 6 month policy is running out this month. I was seeing if they could do anything for me, but the same answer. Nothing. She said thats how all insurance companies are, two incidents, two claims, two deductibles.

It sucks. For the passenger side, the damage is about $2,300 because they have to replace the fender and the repair/paint the right side of the bumper. They also said that there was some damage done under the fender. I asked the body shop to give me a quote on the drivers side and they said they would call me back.

I may start shopping around for insurance. Any recommendations?
Old 12-26-08, 11:44 AM
Mr.412
Lead Lap

I just started a policy with Geico because they where cheaper for me and my two vehicles, but I’m leaving Progressive and I love that company (was a really hard decision to leave but need to save money with my 1st kid on the way) but they are awesome great c/s, and the will FIGHT for you every time some one else is at fault
Old 12-26-08, 12:24 PM
augdogg
Lead Lap

I've been w/ progressive for 3 yrs and i had a fender bender 5 months ago, with a little proactivness (finding the shop to do my repairs) I found a really reputable(expensive) shop and my car was there the NEXT day, i got a rental for a week (took to get the parts) and got my car back w/o any out of pocket expense (i also requested a luxury rental which is generally at an additional cost). My rear passenger side was smashed by a Big *** lifted truck...repair cost were $2750ish...needless to say but they took care of me!
Old 12-26-08, 01:03 PM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

When I got rear ended the driver who rear ended me had Liberty Mutual... they took great care of me.. I guess because they were afraid I was going to sue... but I actually made $1200 profit from that accident... and still got a rental.. I guess its different when someone else is at fault...
Old 12-26-08, 09:04 PM
PhoenixINX
Rookie

Originally Posted by Frankdorn
Tell them you'll drop the second claim after they fix the first (which is also the second). Or threaten to sue/drop them. Now might be a good time to poke around for better rates...
The first incident was the drivers side... the second was the passenger.

Threatening to sue will do nothing but put the adjuster in a defensive posture, which could then get you in a position to get investigated as to WHY the first incident wasn't reported.

You best bet is to play it level-headed, and ASK for them to work with you.

Sue sue sue... Welcome to America.