GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

how much is it for a good paintjob??

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-08, 09:06 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

dont get butthurt...I'm just telling you that the materials used aren't going to last as long...I did state 3500-5k for a stock color is a good price...learn to read before you get all upset and for the record, you called people that spend 5k for a paintjob fools....boo hoo...what I'm telling you is you can tell a difference between a 3k paintjob and a 5k

Last edited by speedaddic; 12-16-08 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-16-08, 09:12 PM
dusouth
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i think everyone knows u get what you pay for.

you can probbally get chip foose to paint your car and pay 20k for it

you can also get maaco to do it for $299.00

you just have to find "YOUR" level of finance to make a good choice.
Old 12-16-08, 09:13 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by speedaddic
dont get butthurt...I'm just telling you that the materials used aren't going to last as long...I did state 3500-5k for a stock color is a good price...learn to read before you get all upset and for the record, you called people that spend 5k for a paintjob fools....boo hoo...what I'm telling you is you can tell a difference between a 3k paintjob and a 5k
Learn to read almighty industry god, I said 5k=6k for a car painted the same color with no bodywork needed is a damn fool. No bodywork+same color doesnt equal 6k.
Old 12-16-08, 09:15 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'd never pay $1000 for a paintjob. Good materials cost more than that. If you're keeping the same color, $3500-5000 would be a price range including minor dings and scratches.
Hit it right on the head !

3300-5300
Old 12-16-08, 09:15 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

tell you what...its obvious you're not one to spend money on a paintjob...and you probably don't care about quality. I can respect that.
Old 12-16-08, 09:26 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

tell you what...its obvious you're not one to spend money on a paintjob...and you probably don't care about quality. I can respect that.
Here we go with the subliminal disrespect, you need you direct that to you boy Tran who sold that bootleg gs300 with the 2jzgte swap. I like quality but 10k paintjob for a street driven car is stupid. If its a lambo or ferrari and you gotta pay 10k then ok, your talking a gs so you do the math. Lets leave it at that.
Old 12-16-08, 09:33 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

don't know the tran guy...barking up the wrong tree again. Nobody said anything about a 10k paintjob...we simply said 3500-5k is a decent price to the original poster's question. better call maaco..
Old 12-16-08, 09:35 PM
mkiiisupra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.......................5-10k. Cali DOES have deals thought. Ever heard of MOB works? I heard they do GOOD cheap jobs. But I got a quote to get all my dents/dings pulled and respray and I was quoted 8k everywhere I went
Old 12-16-08, 09:37 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got to agree here, there's no way you'd want to pay more than maybe 4k for a complete respray on a daily driver. You just got to find the right place, have a look at their past work and bargain. Doesn't mean though, that I wouldn't spend more for that 'perfect' look.
Old 12-16-08, 09:46 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

don't know the tran guy...barking up the wrong tree again. Nobody said anything about a 10k paintjob...we simply said 3500-5k is a decent price to the original poster's question. better call maaco..
Ok well 5k if your body is jacked up lol. I know where your coming from and I know your in the industry and you gotta be a perfectionist because thats your bread and butter and if your in the industry with a half assed car you might as well sign your death certificate. LOL
Old 12-16-08, 10:04 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

wow..this thread has turned around since i last checked..

$3k-$5k= good paint job with some body repair
$10k= if you got the money to make ur car bling! then do it!

honestly if i had the money..id probably go with the best bang for the buck anyway..but if i had a show car..then tadowWW! id hop on a $10k job any day..japspec..calm down man..everyone jus communicating..everyone has their price
Old 12-16-08, 10:47 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4play4dr
wow..this thread has turned around since i last checked..

$3k-$5k= good paint job with some body repair
$10k= if you got the money to make ur car bling! then do it!

honestly if i had the money..id probably go with the best bang for the buck anyway..but if i had a show car..then tadowWW! id hop on a $10k job any day..japspec..calm down man..everyone jus communicating..everyone has their price
LOL i know blame the heinekins lol.
Old 12-16-08, 11:06 PM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

I've seen the product of a 1k paint job, a regular person can spot the flaws on it. 3-5k for a "good" paint job with minor body work is about right. You guys have to put into consideration the amount of work to prep the car. A good body shop will take off and re-install the doors, glass/windows, trims, lights, panels, etc. Also the materials are expensive and you really don't want to cut corners on materials.
I understand that some of you might see 3k and up for paint is too much, but it really depends on the owner of the car.
I care about quality paint job on my car and I want it done right the first time.
Old 12-16-08, 11:21 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MrExecutiv
I've seen the product of a 1k paint job, a regular person can spot the flaws on it. 3-5k for a "good" paint job with minor body work is about right. You guys have to put into consideration the amount of work to prep the car. A good body shop will take off and re-install the doors, glass/windows, trims, lights, panels, etc. Also the materials are expensive and you really don't want to cut corners on materials.
I understand that some of you might see 3k and up for paint is too much, but it really depends on the owner of the car.
I care about quality paint job on my car and I want it done right the first time.
Cant argue with you cause your a cool cat lol. But your right.
Old 12-16-08, 11:33 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

so to the OP..does any of this answer ur question? haha

Quick Reply: how much is it for a good paintjob??