GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

A/C Blowing Hot Air

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-08, 07:19 AM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think you just need to recharge the system. If you dont know how to do it take it somewere.

I am almost 100 percent sure it is the freon.

I had similar problem. It just seems to me you dont know how to fill the system. dont spend any extra money. Good Luck.
Old 12-22-08, 10:34 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by jspecdan
true dat. i haven't recharged a GS yet (and hopefully won't have to) but there should be two valves for putting in the refrigerant R134a I think, one upper and one lower valve. you need to put it in the upper one while revving your engine and blasting your a/c. may wanna have a homie helping you out. eventually your a/c should start getting cooler (be sure you've got the car set to a cool temp.).
um yeah there are 2 "valves" they are labeled with a "H" cap for HIGH OR HEAD PRESSURE SIDE and a "L" for LOW PRESSURE SIDE OR SUCTION. so no high pressure reading? i really need that! and your WAY over pressure it seems.... on a 134a system on the low side you should be reading about 30.3 psi for a 35 Fahrenheit degree. again i need to know your head pressure to give u a definitive answer here....

Originally Posted by PR FIEBRU
I think you just need to recharge the system. If you dont know how to do it take it somewere.
I am almost 100 percent sure it is the freon.
I had similar problem. It just seems to me you dont know how to fill the system. dont spend any extra money. Good Luck.
i 2nd the notion that you dont know how to fill the system and you should take it someplace but i will try and help you if u wanna do this yourself.i had a similar problem in mine this summer it was blowing cold and mine was actually OVER charged....causing it to blow hot ait
Old 06-17-09, 11:51 AM
e-man
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Hey guys. I realize this is somewhat of an old thread, but I'm having a similar problem on my 99 GS400. When the car is moving, the a/c blows ice cold. When I stop, the air is luke warm. I took it to the dealership yesterday and they said I had two bad "read" valves, and that the compressor needed to be replaced (for $1,900, I might add). Something doesn't sound right to me. Why does the compressor work when I'm moving but not when I'm standing still? If I needed a new compressor, I would think that it wouldn't work at all.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

e
Old 06-21-09, 10:25 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by e-man
Hey guys. I realize this is somewhat of an old thread, but I'm having a similar problem on my 99 GS400. When the car is moving, the a/c blows ice cold. When I stop, the air is luke warm. I took it to the dealership yesterday and they said I had two bad "read" valves, and that the compressor needed to be replaced (for $1,900, I might add). Something doesn't sound right to me. Why does the compressor work when I'm moving but not when I'm standing still? If I needed a new compressor, I would think that it wouldn't work at all.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

e
try cleaning the radiator (i used a coil cleaner) and then get the pressures on the high/low side....by the sounds of it you probably just need some freon
Old 03-12-10, 10:00 AM
GS300NEGRO
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update please. My 99 gs300 had similar problem any help. My car blowing hot air, and the compressor is on. Low side is 60 and the High is 153.
Old 03-14-10, 09:15 PM
shoeshine
Driver

ran into this problem a couple years back. did all the leak tests and found that the condenser was the culprit. had it replaced and haven't had a problem since. this is on a 98 gs4 by the way.
Old 03-15-10, 09:31 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS300NEGRO
Update please. My 99 gs300 had similar problem any help. My car blowing hot air, and the compressor is on. Low side is 60 and the High is 153.
your pressures are about right, now check your servos. although the low side is a little high

GL

Last edited by sakataj; 03-16-10 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-15-10, 02:22 PM
steiner
Driver

Does it blow cooler air when the car moves exceeding 30MPH ?
Old 03-15-10, 07:41 PM
GS300NEGRO
Driver School Candidate

No,I went and empty the system and I started to re-fill for one minute, the compressor kicked in but no cold air.
Old 03-15-10, 07:47 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
my gawd do ne noobs use the search nemore? i have posted on 3 separate posts bout servo motors in last 5 mins NO lie!
dude chill out. you're the search **** of this forum. It's not that big of a deal. you have the knowledge it appears. help some n00bs out without a lecture on using the search function.
Old 03-15-10, 08:42 PM
garbage85
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by McKrevice
dude chill out. you're the search **** of this forum. It's not that big of a deal. you have the knowledge it appears. help some n00bs out without a lecture on using the search function.
Seriously, if everyone used to the search button, there wouldnt be any new threads to look at
Old 03-16-10, 02:20 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by McKrevice
wow i ONLY said that to some guy on 12/17/2008 in post # 7 and then if u had bothered reading this thread i DID help this guy and this topic was made only a month after i made this one

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...vo-motors.html

so i had 10 people a day making new posts bout servo's it was getting annoying when people EASILY coulda searched and saved the "space" and time

Originally Posted by garbage85
Seriously, if everyone used to the search button, there wouldnt be any new threads to look at
thanks, least someone gets it
Old 03-16-10, 08:34 PM
GS300NEGRO
Driver School Candidate

your pressures are about right, now check your servos. although the low side is a little high

GL
Code 21 and 24. No servos. help please
Old 03-17-10, 09:17 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS300NEGRO
Code 21 and 24. No servos. help please
21 and 24 are solar sensors. take the car out of garage or check during the day BTW servos dont typically set off any codes. any noises from them? air blowing? i need some more details
Old 03-17-10, 07:46 PM
GS300NEGRO
Driver School Candidate

21 and 24 are solar sensors. take the car out of garage or check during the day BTW servos dont typically set off any codes. any noises from them? air blowing? i need some more details
Yes everytime I switch the settings to the windshield/under the dash or normal settings the servos work fine.

Yes it blows air. When I am setting the temperature it starts blowing regular temp with air and when I set to the heater it works to the heater.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks

Quick Reply: A/C Blowing Hot Air