GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

TM Engineering Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-08, 02:33 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i ordered a dash kit and all my Daizen brushings from TM. Good price, fast shipping, no problems whatsoever.
Old 10-08-08, 02:55 PM
Red Bully
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i orderd sway bar bushings from tm and they were not even cut so that i could put them on. i called them they told me they sent out a few that were not cut right WTF!!!!!!!! If you can get what you want from swell lex do it.

Last edited by Red Bully; 10-08-08 at 02:56 PM. Reason: spe
Old 10-08-08, 09:30 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
Keep away from Todd..
He fubbar'd up the LCA's on my friends SC430 because he was known as teh only guy to be able to fix the butterfly camber issue..he took way too long to do it..and cut it way short.. (Darin at westend was barely able to do -.4 degrees) ( Factory is -1 * by the way. )
His fanboys on here will tell you he's a busy guy but he has no sense of buisiness ethics or practice at all..
He has 2 cars in the shop both of which are his..
Doesn't answer phone calls or when you knock on the door or wait there from morning to night banging away at the door for him to answer..

So buyer bewarned..
Sewell FTW!!! ..

Ahaha as far as getting ahold of him some of you are funny..
Search the forums if you don't believe me and ask local CA members
even if you go knock on the door he is "not there" even if he is there

You have a greater chance of winning about $5000 dollars on a scratcher than being able to contact Todd/ in person or over the phone(= to winning about $100,000 (odds) in a lotto.....
Originally Posted by GSteg
Amen. I even went to the shop and waited around for an hour or so with no sign of Todd anywhere. Phone calls? Never picks up.... Voice mail? Always full... Email? LOL! he shouldn't be doing any internet sales if he can't provide customer service. if he's a busy guy, there is NO reason for him to sale at all. If he doesn't want to hire someone else..fine...but dont expect people to be loyal and understanding if they're not going to get any communication.

I would say you have had bad luck ? I spoke with him recently .. wasnt an issue for me
Old 10-08-08, 10:44 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Just search the forum. there are plenty of threads with many many negative feedbacks. I wish I could say it's bad luck, but it's far from it.
Old 10-09-08, 08:03 AM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well as an update:

daizen steering rack bushing kit

ordered: thursday (10-2)

shipping info recieved by USPS: monday (10-6)

Left Carson, CA USPS facility: tuesday (10-7)

Arrived in Providence, RI facility: today (10-9)

amazed that it only took 2 days to get cross country. thinking maybe an error in USPS's updating? Anyways I sent them a pretty pissed off email, they got back to me fairly quick after i jumped through their spam filter hoops, they said they shipped the order out monday, but USPS said they didnt recieve it to go out until tuesday. I guess everything is all good so far, should be here today hopefully. Probably will do business with sewell if there is a next time though.

EDIT: recieved today at 11:30am

Last edited by jcat_350; 10-09-08 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-09-08, 02:11 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

jcat_GS3 : glad you got it. As far as I know TM is one man show, so it could be slow once in a while.

Just be patience....
Old 10-13-08, 10:11 PM
pimplux808
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ordered my daizen steering rack bushings from these guys and i got my parts really quick and im all the way in hawaii ....nothing comes quick when living on a small island in the middle of the ocean

i even called them to see if it went out and the guy said it was "shipped 2 days ago" nothing was bad about there service from my point of view?
Old 10-14-08, 06:51 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

To each it's own good luck ......
Old 02-22-17, 12:20 PM
RVAGGPGS
Driver School Candidate

Default Great experience with TM

Like many GS owners I have slop in my suspension and wanted to replace the castor and front control arm bushings. So after some research I found that Daizen bushings appeared to be the highest quality, and the best priced. So I found their vendor in the US, TM engineering, and ordered the control arm bushing kit and the steering rack bushing kit through their site with Paypal.

I don't know what possessed me to do this, but after conducting the transaction I googled TM engineering and the very first thing that popped up at the top of google was the "TM engineering problems" post on CL. I read through the post and I could feel my anxiety rise as I wondered if I would ever receive the products that I had paid for.

24 hours goes by and I start wondering why I haven't received any confirmation of my order, and in the back of my mind all I can think about are the people who complained about the service delivery and their poor experience with TM on Club Lexus. I was stressing, so I filed a complaint with Paypal, and fired off a couple of inquiring emails to TM.

48 hours later, TM emails me back. Stating they have sent a purchase confirmation and shipping confirmation to my email. I scan my email and find no such thing, I get slightly more aggravated and some irate emails fly back and forth. During all this I failed to realize that because I conducted the transaction exclusively through paypal that their emails were going to an inbox I rarely checked and one that isn't even linked to my phone. At this point my heart sank, I knew I had made a complete *** of myself. I quickly set up the account on my phone and sure enough there are the emails. It is confirmed I am a huge *******.I sent a very detailed and apologetic email to TM as soon as I realized this. They were incredibly understanding and within five days the parts were sitting on my front step.

The point of this post is that whatever has been said in the past or present about TM on Clublexus, it's a bunch of bull****. Don't let the rantings of a few people make your mind up, or cause you to act irrationally. From my personal experience dealing with TM has been an absolute pleasure, and I appreciate them staying cool clam and collected while I acted like a total fool.

Below is the proof of delivery, from Irvine CA to Richmond VA in 5 days using regular shipping. What more could you ask for?

TM Engineering Review-tm-shipping.jpg