GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Installation of Chrome Shifter Bezel Ring

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-09, 08:26 AM
maxinGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i want this lol... where do i order from???
Old 10-27-09, 09:17 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ebay has them
Old 10-27-09, 12:14 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by maxinGS
i want this lol... where do i order from???
call peter at sewell lexus they have it
Old 10-27-09, 07:42 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

elite auto style are still selling theirs, they had them on special. despite it being 'stick on' style it looks perfectly fine so i would still recommend it for $40us

sales@eliteautostyle.com
Old 10-27-09, 09:11 PM
GS4VIPbOSS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This can be done without pulling up the console. Pull the old one off and place the new one in. Takes a lttle time but can be safely done without damaging the new trim.
Old 10-27-09, 09:31 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

pulling the console is super easy though. just dont be scared to pull pretty hard, it just pops together.
Old 10-28-09, 11:09 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SC4Coupe
This can be done without pulling up the console. Pull the old one off and place the new one in. Takes a lttle time but can be safely done without damaging the new trim.
not with the OEM one....it has tabs on the bottom to secure it in. cant see how you would get those in without removing the console. trust me removal is simple i have done it bout 10+ times
Old 04-22-10, 02:26 PM
worldagent
Driver School Candidate

Just used your instructions to install my new chrome shift bezel. Simple adn straight forward instructions. Thank you!!!
Old 04-23-10, 09:07 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by worldagent
Just used your instructions to install my new chrome shift bezel. Simple adn straight forward instructions. Thank you!!!
yeah, im even gonna award this to a Canadian. lol...way to search. hahaha just teasing u though. thanks for searching and welcome to the club

Name:  epicwin.gif
Views: 2999
Size:  14.5 KB

Last edited by sakataj; 04-23-10 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-07-10, 09:37 AM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll be replacing mine tomorrow. I'm glad there are a few simple instructions written up here, as I would not have replaced it until finding out how to do it properly to begin with.
Old 09-24-10, 08:19 PM
raceforgt
Rookie

So my original chrome bezel started peeling and cracking and I decided to replace it with a new one. Come to find Lexus does NOT sell this piece by itself (called about 6 dealers, none even have the part listed separately)! They have the 98-00 black bezel by itself but for 01-05 they make you buy the entire center console to replace this small piece! Needless to say its absurdely priced.
After a long search I finally found an aftermarket one made by CarsonTuned on L-tunedparts and ordered it right away. The piece fits perfectly flush around the shifter plate, even better than the original, but now I have this popping/jamming issue when shifting from M to 3 then 2 inside the gear selector. I took the console apart and put it back together several times but the chrome ring seems to jam up the plastic molding inside the shifter box. I can't see where or why it's doing it but it is. If I take that molding piece out it's fine but it's also ugly without it. Any suggestions on fixing this?
Old 09-25-10, 12:35 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RACEFORGT
So my original chrome bezel started peeling and cracking and I decided to replace it with a new one. Come to find Lexus does NOT sell this piece by itself (called about 6 dealers, none even have the part listed separately)! They have the 98-00 black bezel by itself but for 01-05 they make you buy the entire center console to replace this small piece! Needless to say its absurdely priced.
AS I SAID BEFORE, EVEN IN THIS THREAD and the other one a few days ago sewell lexus carries it BY ITSELF.....its aftermarket also just like carsons
Old 09-25-10, 09:10 AM
raceforgt
Rookie

Originally Posted by sakataj
AS I SAID BEFORE, EVEN IN THIS THREAD and the other one a few days ago sewell lexus carries it BY ITSELF.....its aftermarket also just like carsons
Read it, duly noted brotha. Unfortunately you are incorrect, Sewell Lexus DOES NOT carry this part. When I called them about availability they told me they haven't had this part for over a year. Their Japanese supplier stopped producing these and has no plans on resuming. L-tunedparts is the ONLY place to get these and he has very limited supplies left.
Having said that, my post has absolutely NOTHING to do with availablity of this part. It was to address an issue I have after installing L-tuned's bezel and to ask for anyone's advice on a fix.
But thanks anyway
Old 09-25-10, 06:08 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RACEFORGT
Unfortunately you are incorrect, Sewell Lexus DOES NOT carry this part. When I called them about availability they told me they haven't had this part for over a year
well, i bought mine from them about 6 months ago so i dunno why they telling you they haven't had it in over a year
Old 10-12-10, 01:16 PM
BIGMerle
Pole Position

piece of cake!! thanks for the helpful pics with the dIY!!!

Quick Reply: Installation of Chrome Shifter Bezel Ring