GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

2000 GS400 Platinum edition

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-02, 06:19 AM
altaf
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ira:
You got a very good deal! I don't know how you pulled that off on a new GS400...

Portcityplaya:
Whatever you do, DO NOT go to Lexus of Silver Spring, they VERY deceptive...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...+silver+spring
Old 02-13-02, 01:53 PM
portcityplaya
Driver

I really don't trust Lexus of Silver Spring. When I bought my ES300 in 97 they tried to sell me on a car they had just gotten in. The car had a bullet hole in the tail light. Of course they said there wasn't anything wrong with the car. A BULLET HOLE!!!! Also they were supposed to call me back and didn't so I am not dealing with them. Don't worry it's a done deal. I just have to pick the car up on Friday. I get to stretch it out driving it back to NC from Northern VA. I hope I don't get a ticket.
Old 02-13-02, 11:47 PM
Jay Son
Driver School Candidate

Angry

Hey buddy, no local newspaper cares about such issues... I've called the lex 1-800 number myself and wrote to them several times. They said they were sorry and sent me a check for $100. WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!! They said they have no control over individual dealerships and that they run their business. What a crock! I sent a very bad customer satisfaction survey, and that was all I could do. I got my car in August 2001, I'm still very regretful about my lexus. I've recently noticed my door doesn't shut all the way (have to look very very close). You think I should say something to them... knowing them, they won't do JACK *****. Sorry for sounding so bitter, I just hope you don't buy from them....
Old 02-14-02, 12:51 AM
methodmf
Pole Position

there's a really nice blue gs at lexus of rockville.
lexus of rockville do really bad service though.
i will post the whole experience when i have the issue resolved.

those motherfuc**ers broke my dvd screen.....
Old 02-14-02, 01:24 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Jay Son
My CPO GS400 problems...

driver door locks didn't work
speaker missing on driver side.
weird noises from all speakers when I use my phone (also not using the phone too)
came with only one key.
car shook over 80mph.
heated seats (both) did not work at all.
very bad service from everybody...
missing cd changer magzine.
man I'm still MAD at them!!!
this was our second lex purchase.
Sounds like they sold you a theft recovery vehicle, as these attributes are very very common in them. A thief strips down a car, owner files claim, insurance repossesses, third party wholesaler buys, wholesale dealer either fixes car up to working condition or contracts someone to do it for them, wholesaler sells back to dealership, dealership sells to you. Usually such scams get by unnoticed except when you're dealing with Lexuses, Benzes and the like. I've seen it happen a lot before and this sounds very symptomatic, course I may be wrong. Just a theory.
Old 02-14-02, 01:37 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by portcityplaya
The down side is that because of the Nav I can't get the Nak sound system. Oh well.
Don't worry, you really aren't missing all that much with the Nakamichi system. It's a decent factory system, except you pay a premium price for it. If you are an audiophile, you can go much much further with an aftermarket system. I haven't conducted a true DBT, but the Nakamichi system sounds flat and relatively muffled, low clarity, poor sound imaging, harmonics are a little distorted, painfully colorized midbass, attenuated highs, and utter lack of depth. Trust me, as a former high-end audio sales associate who actually sold Nakamichi products, it's nothing special. They made killer tape decks and phono preamps back in the 80s, but that's about all they had going for them. Nakamichi is not by any means a speaker company either, so chances are their speakers are subcontracted by some Pioneer factory in Malaysia.
Old 02-14-02, 04:36 AM
portcityplaya
Driver

I hear you Jay Son. But I am the type I would buy an ad in the classified section under Lexus cars for sale and burn them. It may cost me a little money but believe me, it would get you some results. Most people looking for cars check the classified so they would see the ad and I would set up an email address for them to ask questions. I definately would not go quietly. Again, I apologize for your bad experience. I think at some point or another most dealerships will slip up. I just hope they do not slip up with me. I would do all I could to make them regret it.
Old 02-14-02, 11:44 PM
Jay Son
Driver School Candidate

Hey buddy, did you buy the car yet???
I've check the web-site.... Lindsay..........

http://www.lexusofalexandria.com/index.html

White Exterior
Ivory Interior

4-door

$36,888

10 miles
Automatic Transmission
8 cylinders

VIN: JT8BH68X2Y0023585

Stock# P6820
Additional Features:

Options present on this car include All Season Tires and Platinum Series: Perforated Leather Trimmed Interior with Memory System; Heated Front Seats; Bird's Eye Maple Wood Trim; Navigation System; 6-CD Auto Changer; Power Moonroof; High Seats; Bird's Eye Maple Wood Trim; Navigation Intensity Discharge Headlamps (HID); Custom 7-Spoke Alloy Wheels; Large Chromed Exhaust Tips; Black Pearl Badging and Platinum Signature Embroidered Floormats

============================================================================================

On the web-site, it doesn't say Certified..........
Man, if it's not certified.... I definitely would NOT but it.
They have 5 GS400, and three are certified, and yours isn't!!!!
Dude... be patient when buying such a expensive car!
Old 02-15-02, 06:48 PM
portcityplaya
Driver

Hey Jay Soon I pick the car up in the morning. I went by today and checked it out and told them They didn't do a good job detailing after they repainted the bumpers. The paint had some grainy spots that need to be buffed out. I told them to do it this evening and I would pick it up in the morning. I also wasn't happy with the mats. They didn't get them clean enough when they shampooed them so they had to order me some new ones. The car should be ready around 10am. I have the keys except for the valet key. It's pretty much a done deal. I have found that they don't update their site very often. A few of the cars on the site are gone.
Old 02-17-02, 01:03 PM
Jay Son
Driver School Candidate

DUDE, is your car CERTIFIED??? That was my main question???
Did you recieve a paper saying it was certified.
Old 02-17-02, 04:29 PM
portcityplaya
Driver

Default GS400

Yep, it is stamped on the purchase order and I got the certified Certificate. I drove it back here to NC and it is a wonderful vehicle. They didn't have it ready when I went to get it Saturday morning so they gave me all types of gifts. Hat, shirt, key rings, license plate frame and a coat rack that attaches to the head rest. They were real cool with me.