GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Can anyone recommend a nice looking windshield sunshade?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-08, 11:51 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SiccMonkey
that looks really nice.. where did you order it from?
I actually got it directly from Shibuya Lexus dealership while I was in Tokyo. It is what they called "Lexus Dealer Options", and the JDM fog is one of them. They have a separate brochure on those options with prices and the installation times. The quality and the size of the print material are the same as their car brochures.

For people travelling to Japan and would like to get their accessories, it is quite likely you need to pay in person first in order to place an order and then come back a few days to the dealership to pick them up. The treatment is quite good for the order process as you sit down with a Lexus consultant in sales setting and he will place the order for you.

Hope it helps.

Andy
PS: Maybe there is some online store in NA that sells the JDM HID fog lights would carry this sunshade. To me, it is a must-have as it is a very practical accessories that you use a lot. I believe it fits most of the new Lexus windshield perfectly.
Old 05-02-08, 01:51 PM
SiccMonkey
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyL
I actually got it directly from Shibuya Lexus dealership while I was in Tokyo. It is what they called "Lexus Dealer Options", and the JDM fog is one of them. They have a separate brochure on those options with prices and the installation times. The quality and the size of the print material are the same as their car brochures.

For people travelling to Japan and would like to get their accessories, it is quite likely you need to pay in person first in order to place an order and then come back a few days to the dealership to pick them up. The treatment is quite good for the order process as you sit down with a Lexus consultant in sales setting and he will place the order for you.

Hope it helps.

Andy
PS: Maybe there is some online store in NA that sells the JDM HID fog lights would carry this sunshade. To me, it is a must-have as it is a very practical accessories that you use a lot. I believe it fits most of the new Lexus windshield perfectly.

thanks for the info. ill see if maybe carson can get one for me
Old 05-02-08, 01:59 PM
SiccMonkey
Driver

Originally Posted by AndyL

Hope it helps.

Andy

thanks for the info. ill see if maybe carson can get one for me
Old 06-03-16, 03:22 PM
Brahms
Rookie

Resurrecting this thread. Any recommendations on a sunshade for a 2001 GS430? This one is mentioned in another model forum:
Amazon.com: No.1 Windshield Sun Shade, Cool FREE Products Included With Sun Shade - A Powerful UV Ray Deflector, High Quality Car Sunshade To Keep Your Vehicle Cool And Damage Free, Our Car Sun Shades Are Easy To Use See The Reviews: Automotive Amazon.com: No.1 Windshield Sun Shade, Cool FREE Products Included With Sun Shade - A Powerful UV Ray Deflector, High Quality Car Sunshade To Keep Your Vehicle Cool And Damage Free, Our Car Sun Shades Are Easy To Use See The Reviews: Automotive
Old 06-04-16, 07:15 PM
rossmer
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am using the Covercraft custom shade from Auto Anything. It fits very well and is a substantial accordion style shade. It fits the windshield very well and keeps alot of sun and heat out and it looks great. I got silver to go with my silver GS.

http://m.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A1228A0A0.aspx
Old 06-04-16, 08:19 PM
Brahms
Rookie

Originally Posted by rossmer
I am using the Covercraft custom shade from Auto Anything. It fits very well and is a substantial accordion style shade. It fits the windshield very well and keeps alot of sun and heat out and it looks great. I got silver to go with my silver GS.

http://m.autoanything.com/driving-ac...A1228A0A0.aspx
Thanks. Ordered one, with optional bag. Covercraft sun shades seem to get high marks on the other model forums.

Last edited by Brahms; 06-04-16 at 08:28 PM.
Old 06-06-16, 05:15 AM
Emotionr
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brahms
Thanks. Ordered one, with optional bag. Covercraft sun shades seem to get high marks on the other model forums.

How is the Covercraft?
http://m.autoanything.com/driving-ac...A1228A0A0.aspx

I see several variations
Which one did you end up getting: Dash design, infotech, Proz design ?
I am going to make a trip to the local Lexus Dealer this weekend, but wanting to consider someone from online as well, due to price and options.

Anyone get this as well?
Amazon.com: No.1 Windshield Sun Shade, Cool FREE Products Included With Sun Shade - A Powerful UV Ray Deflector, High Quality Car Sunshade To Keep Your Vehicle Cool And Damage Free, Our Car Sun Shades Are Easy To Use See The Reviews: Automotive Amazon.com: No.1 Windshield Sun Shade, Cool FREE Products Included With Sun Shade - A Powerful UV Ray Deflector, High Quality Car Sunshade To Keep Your Vehicle Cool And Damage Free, Our Car Sun Shades Are Easy To Use See The Reviews: Automotive

If so, what size for the IS250 2014?

I have a 2014 IS250...
Old 06-06-16, 07:41 AM
8M6
Pit Crew

Received 85 Likes on 60 Posts

Those other variations are actually other sunshades that are "You may also like" suggestions from the page.

I also got the Covercraft UVS100 with the storage bag, which as it turns out, I've never used and have always just stored in the seatback map pocket. The Covercraft UVS100 itself is good. The fit is perfect and it keeps a substantial amount of heat out. When I'm not using it, I just fold it up and put it down laying across the rear passenger side floorboard and driveshaft hump.
Old 06-06-16, 08:03 AM
rossmer
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 8M6
Those other variations are actually other sunshades that are "You may also like" suggestions from the page.

I also got the Covercraft UVS100 with the storage bag, which as it turns out, I've never used and have always just stored in the seatback map pocket. The Covercraft UVS100 itself is good. The fit is perfect and it keeps a substantial amount of heat out. When I'm not using it, I just fold it up and put it down laying across the rear passenger side floorboard and driveshaft hump.
I do the exact same thing. I will probably use the bag for storing the shade in the trunk in the cooler months.
Old 06-07-16, 10:12 AM
lextout
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts

just get your front window tinted with ceramic film, its clear yet reduces glare,heat and uv by 80%
Old 06-07-16, 03:41 PM
nelson09
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lextout
just get your front window tinted with ceramic film, its clear yet reduces glare,heat and uv by 80%
I'm going for Suntek HP50 Blue on the windshield.
Old 06-07-16, 07:35 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just have a nice cheap but well made front solar reflective shade. Works wonders. Doesn't fit completely but it covers most of the front windshield. I would never spend any more than about $20.

Today it's 92 and yeah my car was still baking but it wasn't because of the solar shade. It's because the sun hits my car on the driver's side window in the morning and as the day goes on it hits the passenger side window by 4 PM. No fancy shade is gonna fix that.

I like the idea of a clear UV/heat blocker tint. Much better than spending a lot of money on just the shade.
Old 06-07-16, 09:06 PM
Brahms
Rookie

Originally Posted by lextout
Around how much does it cost?