GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Post your GS's 20" wheel offsets for comparison please

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-14, 03:18 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You've got plenty of room for a 275, probably need to shave the fenders a bit but they'll fit easily, those wheels are pretty conservative. You may be safer going with a 225-35 or 235-35 in the front if you don't want to worry about rubbing.
Old 02-11-14, 05:05 PM
outareach
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I'm like !!! I've been trying to get this outta these guys for over a year!!! Like sevenevez said most people won't give their set up up for nothing....... its a rich boys world n we r playing catch up ! I can't afford to b wrong either! But my engine blew so its gonna b a little while b 4 I'm back at em trying to get a set up!
Old 02-11-14, 10:54 PM
Lutkis
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sevenevez
And most people with Perfect fitments hold the offset # dear to their heart to each his own.
I'll propably never understand why keep that information a secret.
I know I wouldn't. On the contrary it would give me great pleasure to know if someone has their stance just perfect with my help. I like to help.
Old 02-12-14, 07:34 AM
outareach
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lutkis
I'll propably never understand why keep that information a secret.
I know I wouldn't. On the contrary it would give me great pleasure to know if someone has their stance just perfect with my help. I like to help.
I don't get it either if I can help somebody I will..... Every time I come in here n ask a question I get a bunch of crap or tight lips!!! Even had my thread shut down by a mod last night because of "sense of community" Here n the REAL world I'm 1 of the easiest going easy to get a long w/ people but I don't take crap off people! Oh well........ learn as much as u can n get out...... just read don't post!!!! 2 many dicks out there!
Old 02-12-14, 08:00 AM
mk2tmr2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is more than enough information on this forum - including photos and measurements - for anyone to figure out exactly how a given setup will fit and look. It just takes a tiny bit of effort.

For example, I keep photos like this with notes on my hard drive.

This allows me to envision what different setups will look like. It's pretty easy to imagine what this car would look like 1" higher or with 25mm more offset.

Write stuff down. Save pics to your hard drive. Make notes. Then you will paint a picture for yourself. Don't ask the community to spoon-feed you information that is already readily available.
Old 02-12-14, 08:38 AM
Ruthless00
Driver School Candidate

20x9.5 20.x10.5 +25 all around
In

Last edited by Ruthless00; 02-12-14 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-12-14, 08:59 AM
mk2tmr2
Lead Lap

https:// images won't be visible to other members of the forum. I can't see 'em.
Old 02-12-14, 09:20 AM
mccrimmon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by czr73
I think imma do what Tim did and use the same setup:
20x8x5 38 offset front
20x10 42 offset rear

Now for the question on the tires. Should I get 275/30 or what ?
Depends on how low you are. I'm on DF210's and run a 20x10.5 on 285/30/20 tires. No fender work done and no rubbing at all. my offset in the rear is conservative. Not sure what the exact offset is. Here's a pic. You can kinda see approximately how far I am from sitting flush. I've been too lazy to go out and measure it. Edit: in case it helps any... the fronts are 20x9 on 245/35/20, no rubbing at all. I don't remember the offset. good luck czr73!

Side view so you can get idea of the ride height.

Last edited by mccrimmon; 02-12-14 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-12-14, 10:44 AM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sevenevez
i think a 285 is WAY too wide. but if you are not lowering it, which definitely isnt my style, you may clear. Yakuza may chime in as he knows his stuff on setting up a wheel to perfection. And most people with Perfect fitments hold the offset # dear to their heart to each his own.
Actually he was right a 285/25 would fit just fine on the rear of his setup.

Originally Posted by czr73
I think imma do what Tim did and use the same setup:
20x8x5 38 offset front
20x10 42 offset rear

Now for the question on the tires. Should I get 275/30 or what ?

Thanks gentlemen.
Ya with those sizes and offsets I would go 245/30 and 275/30. My old wheel setup was about the same width and offset but I went with a more narrow tire setup because I knew I was on keeping these wheels for a short time and gonna get more aggressive wheels later which would require a stretch

This is my old wheel setup

Wheel Size (F/R): 20x8.5 / 20x10
Wheel Offset (F/R): +36 / +42 (+47 with 5mm spacer)
Tire Size (F/R): 225/35ZR20 / 255/30ZR20
Suspension:Tanabe DF210 springs with stock struts
Camber (F/R) : -2 / -3
Fender Mods: None with no rub

Last edited by Sonic_RC; 02-12-14 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-12-14, 10:48 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mk2tmr2
There is more than enough information on this forum - including photos and measurements - for anyone to figure out exactly how a given setup will fit and look. It just takes a tiny bit of effort.

Write stuff down. Save pics to your hard drive. Make notes. Then you will paint a picture for yourself. Don't ask the community to spoon-feed you information that is already readily available.
This sums it up, the questions have been asked and answered so many times the old timers are sick of answering them, hell most of us are sick of telling people to search so the threads just get ignored. The info is all out there.
Old 02-12-14, 11:13 AM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
This sums it up, the questions have been asked and answered so many times the old timers are sick of answering them, hell most of us are sick of telling people to search so the threads just get ignored. The info is all out there.
Its even worse when noobs bump a 4 year old thread asking these dumb questions
Old 02-12-14, 12:24 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
True, then I see a thread with a bunch of responses and figure their might be something worthwhile inside and get suckered into answering.
Old 02-12-14, 01:07 PM
SaiyanGS3
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
So would you prefer them to start a new "dumb" thread vs. bump the old one that have information in it? I'm glad the person bumped this thread because it was basically dead until it was bumped yesterday.
Old 02-12-14, 01:38 PM
Bippu147
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by outareach
I don't get it either if I can help somebody I will..... Every time I come in here n ask a question I get a bunch of crap or tight lips!!! Even had my thread shut down by a mod last night because of "sense of community" Here n the REAL world I'm 1 of the easiest going easy to get a long w/ people but I don't take crap off people! Oh well........ learn as much as u can n get out...... just read don't post!!!! 2 many dicks out there!
Well, great sense of community there. I think you need to read the rules again and take a look at why your thread was locked. You were blatantly being a **** when someone was trying to help you, and discrediting them because you thought you "chrysler master mechanic" knew better.
Old 02-12-14, 02:38 PM
Sonic_RC
Racer

This thread is as useless now as it was then. The OP made the exact same question back in '07 in the first thread link below and even got an answer and then made this lame thread a year later

Originally Posted by SaiyanGS3
So would you prefer them to start a new "dumb" thread vs. bump the old one that have information in it? I'm glad the person bumped this thread because it was basically dead until it was bumped yesterday.
OR Option B
Do a search and realize there are threads dedicated specifically for wheel and tire questions which has probably more answers than any other thread in the 2GS section such as this one

Wheel width/offset/size and tire fitment Q&A thread

Or this one

Member's wheel setup gallery

Quick Reply: Post your GS's 20" wheel offsets for comparison please