GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
Old 12-12-14, 04:02 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

air ride install is done!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-08, 09:17 AM
toeb
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well guys alittle update on the new set up! been driving it around for a few days now everything is good and working properly. had a leak or 2 but thoes have been taking care of. now that ive had a little time to get used to it "I FREAKING LOVE IT MAN" the looks you get @ stoplights when you dump it LOL it priceless!!! it takes me back to when i had my monti C & my 63 impala both of thoes had hydro's on them. it was so much fun!!!! this air setup is worth it, the ride is nice the performance in on point (hardly no body roll). i've even had her back on the road @ some high HWY speeds this weekend with no issues or concerns @ all (except the po-po). for you guy out there that have been thinking about airride DO IT!!!!

Last edited by toeb; 03-16-08 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-16-08, 09:41 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

i hate you.

ur making me wanna spend money! haha. what type of struts are you using? OEM?
Old 03-16-08, 10:18 AM
Burton
Pole Position

Originally Posted by toeb
well guys alittle update on the new set up! been driving it around for a few days now everything is good and working properly. had a leak or 2 but thoes have been taking care of. now that ive had a little time to get used to it "I FREAKING LOVE IT MAN" the looks you get @ stoplights when you dump it LOL it priceless!!! it takes me back to when i had my monti C & my 63 impala both of thoes had hydro's on them. it was so much fun!!!! this air setup is worth it, the ride is nice the performance in on point (hardly no body roll). i've even had her back on the road @ some high HWY speeds this weekend with no issues or concerns @ all (except the po-po). for you guy out there that have been thinking about airride DO IT!!!!
I just finished my UAS install and I have a bad rattle from the right front suspension. How quiet is yours when you drive it? I am wondering if I put something together wrong due to lack of instructions.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 03-16-08, 12:14 PM
toeb
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Burton
I just finished my UAS install and I have a bad rattle from the right front suspension. How quiet is yours when you drive it? I am wondering if I put something together wrong due to lack of instructions.

Thanks,
Ben

no i have no rattle at all!!you might want to check your strut. the instructions are aval on the UAS web site. also check the bolts that hold the plates on the bag if you didnt use any locktite they may have worked a little loose. i cant remember what the # was on the locktite i used but its easy to break loose if i need to. i am also on the stock strut and not on a coilover so that might be all the differance!!! good luck!!!! also do you have any pics of your strut with the problems? maybe i could help more with a pic!!!
Old 03-16-08, 02:07 PM
Neo300
Lead Lap

Toeb, where did you install the smaller 2 of the 4 thick washers at? Me and a few buddies are puttig in my UAS setup now, and have no clue where the 2 smaller washers go. Let me know asap. Thanks!
Old 03-16-08, 03:39 PM
Burton
Pole Position

no i have no rattle at all!!you might want to check your strut. the instructions are aval on the UAS web site. also check the bolts that hold the plates on the bag if you didnt use any locktite they may have worked a little loose. i cant remember what the # was on the locktite i used but its easy to break loose if i need to. i am also on the stock strut and not on a coilover so that might be all the differance!!! good luck!!!! also do you have any pics of your strut with the problems? maybe i could help more with a pic!!!
I found it, it was my fault. I changed the ball joint at the same time and swaped the two bolts that hold the ball joint on with the two bolts that hold the brake caliper on. The bolts did not hold the brake caliper bracket tight and it was making the noise. Swaped them around and everything was good.

I have picks and just need to host them. I will get them up soon.

Ben
Old 03-16-08, 03:40 PM
Neo300
Lead Lap

Still putting mine together as we speak...
Old 03-16-08, 05:25 PM
toeb
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Burton
I found it, it was my fault. I changed the ball joint at the same time and swaped the two bolts that hold the ball joint on with the two bolts that hold the brake caliper on. The bolts did not hold the brake caliper bracket tight and it was making the noise. Swaped them around and everything was good.

I have picks and just need to host them. I will get them up soon.

Ben
wasup ben the plate with the small hole in the center is the top plate for the front. this pic is of the front bottom of the bag.
Name:  DSCI0034.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  98.6 KB

glad you found that loose bolt though that could of been really bad!!

Last edited by toeb; 05-08-08 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-16-08, 05:28 PM
toeb
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Neo300
Still putting mine together as we speak...

keep us posted on it man! your gonna have a blast with that setup. its so much fun.
Old 03-16-08, 06:53 PM
Darein23
Driver School Candidate

Nice Car Kid
Old 03-16-08, 07:40 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the looks you get @ stoplights when you dump it LOL it priceless!!! it takes me back to when i had my monti C & my 63 impala both of thoes had hydro's on them. it was so much fun!!!! this air setup is worth it, t
Watch out for the cops, dont wanna be clowning around and have one looking at you *L* I have a remote key fob hooked up to mine, so I can dump or lift, front and back.

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  55.9 KB

Now that you have air, you can get yourself some air horns. I have some one mine and they sound really loud.. Here's a few videos of the guys that sell them..
hornblasters.com

Last edited by rgarjr; 03-16-08 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-16-08, 08:06 PM
ShaneC
Lexus Champion

wow... thats a loud horn... sounds like a train..
Old 03-17-08, 05:22 PM
toeb
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rgarjr
Watch out for the cops, dont wanna be clowning around and have one looking at you *L* I have a remote key fob hooked up to mine, so I can dump or lift, front and back.

Now that you have air, you can get yourself some air horns. I have some one mine and they sound really loud.. Here's a few videos of the guys that sell them..
hornblasters.com

man that horn is brutal!! sounds like the fire truck that comes by my shop like 4 times a day!!
Old 03-18-08, 10:48 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

just watched those vids and I almost died of laughter!!!! LOL
Old 03-18-08, 11:29 AM
slammed_gs
Lead Lap

hornblasters.com ......................funny!!!!!!

Quick Reply: air ride install is done!!!!