GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)
Old 12-12-14, 04:02 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

air ride install is done!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-08, 03:40 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

like everyone else is asking man....is that as low as your wheel setup is allowing you to go? im assuming so because you would have dropped it all the way down for the pic...i was hoping the uas would put the car practically on the ground....i would be using it with my tein cs v2 like others have said that would help some but im still worried because i would either be using my 20s with 34 offset or my stock 17s with 25 & 30mm spacers...if your offset is similar to mine and thats as low as the system will allow with a 20, i cant be bothering with that id be wayy too pissed off when i got all done and it sits exactly where it does with the teins right now.

Old 03-11-08, 04:27 AM
FlavesLex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

toeb, Nice write up and pics. Thanks for sharing. Now everybody is waiting on an answer
Old 03-11-08, 06:37 AM
toeb
Pole Position

ok peeps! this is as low as my car will drop at least for right now. it all depends on how you set the bag up on the strut and what type of strut you are using. im using the oe stock strut, now with that being said i left the whole bumpstop in front and rear and im on 20's. if you where to pull the bumpstops out or cut them down you could get an extra 2 to2.5 inches of drop. my finders are not shaved or rolled my wheel specs are conservitive 20x8.5(37mm) 20x10(40mm). this is my first install for this kit and i like it alot the ride is great so close to stock its not even funny and the body roll on this car is all but gone im very happy with it. if you were to install this on coilovers you could go alot lower or at least as low as you coilover will allow you to. so you guys looking into air that dont want to spend 4500 big ones on the airrunner kit look at this kit the guys from U.A.S are very helpfull and tell you anything you need to know.

also look at rgarjr sig on the 2nd page he is on these bags and 20's and he is tucking the hell out of the rear wheel. i hope this has answered some of your questions but if not feel free to hit me up i'll be glad to teel anyone what i know!!!

thanks for all the props!!
Toe-B
Old 03-11-08, 08:16 AM
taeng
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by toeb
all together it cost me about 2000. there are a few misc cost for things that dont come with the kit like wire, rubber garmets, etc.
Are you saying you paid $2k for the install? Or you paid $2k for the UAS kit?
Old 03-11-08, 08:17 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

toeb, so long as its met YOUR goals and expectations
Old 03-11-08, 08:39 AM
toeb
Pole Position

Originally Posted by taeng
Are you saying you paid $2k for the install? Or you paid $2k for the UAS kit?
no! i paid 2000 for everything that was kit and all the little extra stuff you need to buy for the install. i did the install my self so there was no charge just time. unless you count the wifey complaning cause i was at the shop late all week!!!

Toe-B
Old 03-11-08, 01:03 PM
Chumacher
Lead Lap

haha that looks amazing. great DIY
Old 03-11-08, 02:42 PM
pimplux808
Pole Position

nice pics ............

heres a litto advice...

-the front control arms are gonna rub the airbags and after a while your gonna see the wear n tear on the bags . .

-hook up 250 psi max water traps for each compressor and grab check valves incase any leaks ... i hope u didnt use teflon either on each connected fitting . .

-for you switch box dont leave the power running constantly your front/backs/sides might blow and that fuse is hard to find . . ..and your gonna have to buy a new switch box . . hook it up to your deck or somthing

U.A.S is great ......but add these things to your setup and u should have no problems down the line.....i only know this cuz i jus ran the setup and i ran into some problems ..due to water and sticky valves and then leading up to crapped out valves and switch box blowing only front solenoids

dam i need some black rims ...=)
Old 03-11-08, 05:31 PM
toeb
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pimplux808
nice pics ............

heres a litto advice...

-the front control arms are gonna rub the airbags and after a while your gonna see the wear n tear on the bags . .

-hook up 250 psi max water traps for each compressor and grab check valves incase any leaks ... i hope u didnt use teflon either on each connected fitting . .

-for you switch box dont leave the power running constantly your front/backs/sides might blow and that fuse is hard to find . . ..and your gonna have to buy a new switch box . . hook it up to your deck or somthing

U.A.S is great ......but add these things to your setup and u should have no problems down the line.....i only know this cuz i jus ran the setup and i ran into some problems ..due to water and sticky valves and then leading up to crapped out valves and switch box blowing only front solenoids

dam i need some black rims ...=)
were you running the aerosport bag? cause the there isnt any place that the controll arm is that close. theres about a half inch of space all arround the bag. iwas looking at water traps and had planed to put some on therejust for that reason. i used pipe dope on all the fittings except for on the bags themselves i used teflon tape ( couldent get the pipe dope to seal it compleatly). and the switch box is ran off the acc on the ignition switch so the system will not work at all unless the key is on.
thanks for the advice i will look in to some of the stuff you were talking about!!!

you guys keep those post comin!!!!!
Old 03-11-08, 06:37 PM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

Looks good man!! are they the same offset all around?
Old 03-11-08, 06:51 PM
pimplux808
Pole Position

glad i could help . ....

those water traps are a good investment . . . .originally i jus ran the whole kit and then about 2 months ago i was having one problem after another
i jus didnt wanna see a member having the same problems down the line. .
but damn!! you car is making me wanna get some black rims now
Old 03-11-08, 06:54 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this airbag stuff seems like a lot of work..i want it tho
Old 03-11-08, 07:15 PM
pimplux808
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4play4dr
this airbag stuff seems like a lot of work..i want it tho

its actually not as bad as you would think ....
the best thing to keep in mind is " TAKE YOUR TIME" thats it . ... .try to have a plan on your setup before installing . .. like how u want things mounted / how u want your wires etc.
Old 03-11-08, 08:05 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea i figured that much..i might be goin towards the air runner set up tho..its gonna break my wallet..but hey..its worth it
Old 03-11-08, 08:15 PM
kenkaniff
Pole Position

Very nice writeup.

Free money behind the seats! Instant discount on that airrunner.

Quick Reply: air ride install is done!!!!