GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

SUCKS -> Lexus of Silver Spring - Long post

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-02, 01:24 PM
altaf
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down SUCKS -> Lexus of Silver Spring - Long post

Sorry for the long post, but I’ve got to share this with you folks:

So a few weeks ago, I’m off to check out a pre-owned GS4 at Lexus of Silver Spring, Maryland. After I seeing this GS, I don’t really like it because it had a lot of wear on the seats . Well, they also happened to have a Cinnabar colored GS4, but it had an ivory interior (wanted black), so I don’t give it much thought at the time. I give the salesman (refer to him as salesman#1) the specs I’m looking for, and he promises to give me a call as soon as one becomes available. The next day, I’m thinking I should take a look at the Cinnabar GS in the daytime, cause it seemed to be in great shape. I call the salesman#1 and setup an appointment for the weekend.

Weekend comes along, and I’m at the dealership. Salesman#1 tells me he’ll be with me in a couple of minutes, he’s finishing up with another customer. Few minutes later, he comes up and tells me he’s been trying to call me all day, because the Cinnabar GS was not available - the GM had taken it home and wasn’t working that day. Little did the salesman#1 realize that the phone number I gave him was for my mobile phone. Not once did it ring, nor was a voicemail message left to tell me so. Basically, he dropped the ball. But he tells me he’ll call me on Monday to reschedule. Monday comes - no call. I decide not to pursue the Cinnabar GS.

The following week, I check dealer inventory on the net, and they have a certified Silver GS4 in stock that just came in. Of course I don’t call the salesman#1 because he dropped the ball and never called me back. I send an email to the dealership and get salesman#2. Salesman#2 tells me that the GS is in “superb” condition. So I schedule an appointment to come up and see it, which is the next day. The next day, something comes up in my schedule, so I ask the saleman#2 if he’s available a couple hours earlier than what we had agreed on. He checks his schedule, and its open, so he tell’s me to come on in.

So I’m back at Lexus of Silver Spring, and salesman#2 is with another customer. He says it will take another 20 minutes for him to finish with this customer. I tell him that I’ll look over the GS while he’s with the other customer to save some time. He agrees and teams me with new salesman#3 in the mean time. Oh, of course I run into salesman#1 (Cinnabar GS) and he’s like “why didn’t you call me if you wanted to see this car?” I ask him the same thing... guess what he says... “I’ve been trying to call you all day”... yeah, right.

Salesman#3 doesn’t see the GS listed in the inventory. He asks the porter where the GS is, and the porter has no clue, but will find out. Twenty minutes later, I’m told that the GS is getting detailed and that they will stop the detail and bring it out for me to see. I’m waiting for another 20 minutes, and salesman#3 tells me the bad news. The GS is actually down the street getting some work done to it. I can’t see the GS because its they’re policy not to let customers in that area. He apologizes, and tells me that salesman#2 should have had everything together before I came up.

Salesman#2 is now finished with his other customer, about an hour after I was scheduled to meet with him. He apologies and tells me he was expecting me later in the day (even though I had rescheduled with him earlier). Of course, there is no excuse for dropping the ball he says, but this never happens at Lexus of Silver Spring. Of course, I tell him it must happen all the time, and share my story about salesman#1 and the Cinnabar GS.

So I ask to speak with the Sales Manager because I’m pissed at being lied to and jacked around. Sales Manager tells me that they’ll make an exception so I can see the GS4 down the street. He tells salesman#2 to go and bring the car. Salesman#2 disappears for a few, then comes back and tells me that the shop down the street is closed and he couldn’t see the GS on the lot, must be in one of the shop bays. He promises that the very next day, he’ll call me and have the GS available. That was four days ago, and no call for the dealership.

So the moral of the story is, stay the ---- away from Lexus of Silver Spring, Maryland.
Not only do they lack customer service skills, they are deceptive, liars, and outright pitiful. I have no idea how they are licensed to sell Lexus’.

So my search for a GS4 continues...

Thanks for reading!
Old 01-23-02, 01:53 PM
kuruption213
Pole Position

i'm from md too man and i check lex of silver spring too. i got mine from lexus of rockville they don't seem as bad as what you dealt with but at the same time they aren't great. the only place that treated me with some decency was pohannka lexus in va. i would check that out, i've never been to the arlington lexus so i can't speak on that.
Old 01-23-02, 03:32 PM
zxlr8
Pole Position

I have a certified gs400 with nav for sale. It has hid and 17" wheels. Email jm1999@tritel.net
Old 01-23-02, 04:25 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd call teh Dealership's GM and let him know how you got hosed by 3 different people, and tell him he lost a PreOwned Sale - he'll hate that, since there's more margin on a preowned than a new sale I'm guessing.
Old 01-23-02, 06:44 PM
zz231
Pole Position

altaf, go to lindsy lexus in alexandria if it's not too far from you. ask for Lata, she sold me my car a couple of years ago and she still calls me till this day every couple of months to see how i'm doing. she's great and she's all about customer service, no pressure at all.
Old 01-24-02, 06:37 AM
altaf
Pole Position

Kuruption213: I bought an Acura and get service done at Pohanka, your right, they have good service. But they don't have a GS4 in the color I want right now, but I'm looking.

Zxlr8: Thanks for letting me know, but I'm looking for a '99/'00 with black interior.

Dexter: Good idea, I'm gonna do that, as well as call Lexus customer service.

zz231: They don't have a GS4 in the color I want, but if they do, I'll ask for Lata.
Old 01-24-02, 07:43 AM
wolfy187
Pole Position

hey guys, if you are going to look at new lexus' in middle feb, post some times and stuff that you will be there, i should have boost by then and won't mind seeing what else i might i want to buy sooner or later

ARthur
Old 01-24-02, 08:21 AM
CIPHER
Driver

ALTAF,
I'm sorry to hear about you experience w/lexus of Silver Spring. I live about three traffic lights down rt 29 and that is usually where I take my car for service(though I haven't brought it in for service since I got the car in march of last year due to the car performing beautifully and I change the oil(mobile 1)and air filter myself for less than half the price they will. I also had a foul experience w/those cats when I wanted to buy my GS. I went to them and told them exactly what I wanted and they said they were going to the auction up in jesrey and they would contact me when they got back. Never heard from them and when I called them about it they said that they had got a beautiful one but sold it two days after they got it. i was like WTF, I tell you what I want then you go get it and don't call me and on top of that you sell it w/out even callin' me to see the car. He apologized but that was it. I wasn't f&*%ing w/them for a purchase after that. I wound up buying my '99 GS300 from alexandria toyota and the best part about that is after I bought it and checked the VIN, I found out that the car was pre-owned thru lexus and therefore it has the 100,000 mile lexus pre-owned gold warrantee. It had 48,000 and got iot for a steal at $26,800. Mind you this was last year for a 99 so that would be like paying that price for a 2000 if I was to buy it today. After i bought it, I took it to a guy in the service dept at lexus of Silver Spring that I was cool with from when i had my 94 gs300 and he checked it out and said that I got a great deal. When i was leaving I saw the salesman that fronted on me w/the auction and he just saw the car and looked stupid and said "Looks like you got what you wanted!" I looked at him w/no smile and said "Damn Right!" Anyway didn't mean to post such a long post, but just wanted you to know thatyour not the only one that got shi&*ed on from those guys. If you take you car there for service, make sure you get cool w/one of the service reps becuase if they ain't cool w/you they will rape you on service.
Old 01-24-02, 12:14 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Damn I was thinking of buying a new ls 430 from them. I guess I won't buy from their lot...
Thanks for the post!
Old 01-24-02, 01:32 PM
tmasta
Intermediate

i live in the DC area also and silver spring SUCKS! everytime ive been there it takes forever for someone to deal with u. i bought my car from lexus of rockville, although some of the ppl there r no the nicest go to a guy named seth and tell him tony with the white GS4 sent u. hes DAMN cool and has been nothing but helpful from day one! pohanka seems to be prettty cool also, havent been to alexandria. hope this helps!

T