GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

This is not a love story...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-07, 05:03 PM
BmoreGS4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy This is not a love story...

(The lust, love & lost of my GS400)

See it started in 1997 I was Junior in highschool in Baltimore City, unlike some other places we were regulated to mass transit and if you had ANY car in highschool you were The MAN. So on a fall day my best friend called me and said "I'm coming to get you for school tomorrow, I have my brothers car". "Cool" I thought, I mean any day not sitting on the bus stop was cool so I was grateful plus I mean his brother did have a Diamante (like i said ANY car). The next morning I hear an unfamiliar horn and like nothing I have ever seen, a money green, chrome rimmed, dark tinted GS300 awaits me and as I remember that window rolled down and my homeboy yelled "get in" I was ecstatic to say the least. I mean the only place I had saw one of these were in Tyson's Corner being driven by some rich older guy or in Jay-Z's Dead Presidents video, this was the life. Highschool from that point on was even more enjoyable, we would leave school during lunch catch the bus to his brother's job, just to get back to school and sit out front it was the life.

Fast Forward May 2002 I was a Senior @ Morgan State University and my mom had promised me a down payment for whatever I wanted (a down grade from her buyin me a car for HS graduation but hey it is what it is) so without a doubt I had my eye set on a GS. After buying my umpteenth pair of sneakers and Jerseys off of Ebay I stumbled across her a 1998 Silver GS400, garage kept with 37k miles for 27k WOW! I had 2 have her. No was not an option the car was in Owings Mills a suburb of Baltimore I hit 'buy now' with no financing or idea of how I was gonna pay for her. After talking 2 my step dad he also fell in love with the car and the plan was in motion I put my grad dough down @ the credit union and the next day they cut the loan check and I was a proud GS Owner...

Fast Forward Sept 07 She paid for, I baby her, I dropped her like CL told me (coilovers ooooooooooo), I DIY chrome grilled her, changed the bulbs out, she looked brand new...I received so many "what year is that?" and I loved the look when I replied "'98" priceless but after a great klass sponsored detailing (2days worth of blood,sweat, and tears) I was driving down a main road when someone decided to cross 3 lanes of traffic to go the opposite direction I was traveling...Just like that she was taken from me : (

*sorry about the crappy SideKick3 pics

Last edited by BmoreGS4; 10-23-07 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-23-07, 05:08 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

im sorry bro.... i def know how hard this is for ya
Old 10-23-07, 05:15 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think I just peed on myself trying not to cry.
Old 10-23-07, 05:21 PM
BmoreGS4
Pole Position

The thing that hurt the most was the dealership, they called me and said $4800.00 for repairs...I was excited she be back new hood and fenders and I'm good...The guys insurance company cut the check... Then a week later after 'tear down' they discovered the frame was bent and Bye-Bye GS

It was an emotional rollercoaster...
Old 10-23-07, 05:43 PM
Downfall75
Lead Lap

She must've been a beauty. Gone but never forgotten, right?
Old 10-23-07, 05:48 PM
Bigbea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That really sucks...Gotta look at the bright side of things. Wasn't your fault and now you can try and upgrade and get a kit.

Doesn't look like it totaled, is it?
Old 10-23-07, 06:16 PM
BmoreGS4
Pole Position

Nah homie she is a wrap! Frame damage on a '98 GS is a death sentence...The insurance company took care of me though 11k and some change so I'm in the market for a '06 430...
Old 10-23-07, 06:36 PM
Johnny Rad
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What's a low mileage '06 GS430 going for these days ... about $40K? Bit more for CPO?
Old 10-23-07, 06:39 PM
smarti
Intermediate

are you planning on selling it?
Old 10-23-07, 07:12 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

wow that was gut wrenching. I'm sorry to hear about your car being totalled. Good luck on the next ride. At least your safe and the car held its end of the bargain in the end.
Old 10-23-07, 07:36 PM
cobra2top
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That sucks!!!! Sorry to hear about the loss. To bad you could not keep her, I would love to buy up those rims!!!!!
Old 10-23-07, 07:49 PM
bigmemory
Driver

Originally Posted by smarti
are you planning on selling it?
He already did, sold for $11k to GEICO
Old 10-24-07, 06:18 AM
BmoreGS4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Johnny Rad
What's a low mileage '06 GS430 going for these days ... about $40K? Bit more for CPO?
They actually have a very wide range I have seen some with as low as 22K miles go for 38k with remaining warranty to those with 19 going for 46k...I really think it depends on the region...The midwest for some reason so far have the best prices, especially Ohio (is that midwest lol)...
Old 10-27-07, 07:30 AM
BmoreGS4
Pole Position

Default I Am Back!!!!

Hey guys thanks for all ya encouraging words. I will be leaving the 2nd Gen forum and moving over to the 3rd Gen spot. It took me 3.5 hrs and I didn't leave the dealership until 11.15pm on a terrible rainy Friday night but I walked away with a new (CPO, that is) '06 GS300 AWD. She is Black on Black, fully loaded, with 26k miles and I got Lexus of Silver Spring to part with the beauty for 37,500.00.

Thank goodness for slow sales months, late nights, cash in hand, and end of months

* I post picks when it stop pouring and after a good wash.
Old 10-27-07, 07:37 AM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Default Congrats.....

Originally Posted by BmoreGS4
Hey guys thanks for all ya encouraging words. I will be leaving the 2nd Gen forum and moving over to the 3rd Gen spot. It took me 3.5 hrs and I didn't leave the dealership until 11.15pm on a terrible rainy Friday night but I walked away with a new (CPO, that is) '06 GS300 AWD. She is Black on Black, fully loaded, with 26k miles and I got Lexus of Silver Spring to part with the beauty for 37,500.00.

Thank goodness for slow sales months, late nights, cash in hand, and end of months

* I post picks when it stop pouring and after a good wash.

I guess with the accident and all it was a blessing in disguise. Way to come back....great deal to boot! I wish I had known you were going to Lexus of Silver Spring, I could have hooked you up with my salesman. Who did you work with? Congrats again bro.

-Joe

Quick Reply: This is not a love story...