GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

The re-introduction of my GS4!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-07, 10:17 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Hmm Poyet that's a pretty comfy ride then as I still think my TEIN CS v2 is a tad softer than I'd like them to be.

Does your ride quality differ based on your ride height?

I'm curious how your ride is with zero gap or slightly tucked versus say 1 a finger gap. I'm thinking when the bags are low, the ride would be softer and that they would get a bit harder as you raise the car??
Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
Thanks regulatorr, the sideskirts are probably one of my favorite part of the build. JUst because I got exactly what I wanted.

The stiffness actually stays linear from 50psi (lowest drivable pressure) to 120psi (highest driving position), but anything over 120 and you will feel the change in stiffness. I think this is due to the volume vs. pressure that is applied. Since the bag as reached it's maximum volume, the added pressure will increase only the resistance of the bag's motion thus creating a stiffer ride.

Damn Poyet, the ride was sweet before. Talk about taking it up another notch.
Glen and I have been considering going air as of late. Thanks to Solo. But we both did not want to lose anything when it comes to how the car handles and high speed stability. I love my HA's but the UAS bags won't fit. So, I'm kinda stuck at the moment. Though I know because of the recent new mods on my car, air is more a necessity than anything. Gonna have to find a "solo"tion soon. Pardon the pun. LOL
-Will
Old 10-25-07, 10:18 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a new way of life ! ( will ) esp with a kit ...

geez those mesh wheels are starting to catch my eye !
Old 10-25-07, 12:17 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

YES the new look is HOTTTT

I came really really close to pullin the trigger on the same front and rear.

have you considered green tint?

not feelin the big spoiler though
Old 10-25-07, 02:00 PM
HTQCummins
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

god i love that thing, looks really really good man. nice work
Old 10-25-07, 03:14 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

I think I took a couple of those pix...

Man I forget to ask to see your trunk. Thats a huge crossfire amp, wat subs are u running? Also, how did you make that clever detailing kit pocket to the left of your trunk, I need that for my quick detailer and MF's!
Old 10-25-07, 06:18 PM
IMXCITD
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice work! Great look you have acheived!
Old 10-25-07, 07:01 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Damn Poyet, the ride was sweet before. Talk about taking it up another notch.
Glen and I have been considering going air as of late. Thanks to Solo. But we both did not want to lose anything when it comes to how the car handles and high speed stability. I love my HA's but the UAS bags won't fit. So, I'm kinda stuck at the moment. Though I know because of the recent new mods on my car, air is more a necessity than anything. Gonna have to find a "solo"tion soon. Pardon the pun. LOL
-Will
Thanks Will!

UAS bags are really well suited for performance driving, it seems to be well balanced to the weight of our cars. I have installed these on lighter cars, and the ride was a little more harsh than I care for. If it's really a necessity for you to have them on, you can use your factory struts and build a temporary bag perch for them. I have worked out a design to where it's a complete bolt on to the factory struts and can be taken out at any time.

Originally Posted by GATO
YES the new look is HOTTTT

I came really really close to pullin the trigger on the same front and rear.

have you considered green tint?

not feelin the big spoiler though
Thanks Gato!

I know what you mean about the spoiler, it didn't look that big when the parts were not painted. I will be adding on a roof spoiler, so hopefully it will offset the size. But, it doesn't look that bad the way it is.

I like green tint, but haven't found the right color. I'm still on the hunt for it, but I can live with the factory green tint it has on now.

Originally Posted by PushinLEX
I think I took a couple of those pix...

Man I forget to ask to see your trunk. Thats a huge crossfire amp, wat subs are u running? Also, how did you make that clever detailing kit pocket to the left of your trunk, I need that for my quick detailer and MF's!
Thanks for the pics!

The driver side pocket is just a piece of hardboard covered w/ carpet. I just matched the contours and installed it w/ L-brackets to my false floor. The amp is running all my speakers, 2 sets of MB Quarts separates and 2 10" JL Audio subs.

Just took a quick pic of the tips, I haven't made up my mind on my new exhaust, so this will do for now.

Old 10-25-07, 07:46 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

beautiful car. Looks like those rims took some massaging to get them to fit in there.
Old 10-25-07, 07:50 PM
flipicanez
Lead Lap

Goddamn that is a freekingly sexi car!! Good job!!
Old 10-25-07, 09:23 PM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

looks very good........!!!
Old 10-25-07, 10:34 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE=V8_Aristo;3011928]Thanks Will!

UAS bags are really well suited for performance driving, it seems to be well balanced to the weight of our cars. I have installed these on lighter cars, and the ride was a little more harsh than I care for. If it's really a necessity for you to have them on, you can use your factory struts and build a temporary bag perch for them. I have worked out a design to where it's a complete bolt on to the factory struts and can be taken out at any time.

I was under the impression that the UAS can be mated to the factory struts with no modifications? If you know how to create a perch how about creating one for the teins what would that involve?
Old 10-25-07, 11:14 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

[QUOTE=Spyder78;3012365]
I was under the impression that the UAS can be mated to the factory struts with no modifications? If you know how to create a perch how about creating one for the teins what would that involve?
You can run the UAS bags by dropping it in the stock strut, but I wouldn't recommend it. It will move around lines might end up rubbing against something. You can also weld the supplied plate to the original pearch, but this might not be the desired height that you want or dropped evenly from front to back. That's why it's I always prefer to build my own pearches to have a perfectly even drop.

Creating a perch for a coilover is not hard, but a little expensive. You will need a machine shop to copy the thread pitch and hole diameter of the coilover collar to an aluminum plate, then drill out the holes for the two bolts and fitting for the bag. Now you have a custom bag plate to go on your coilovers, just adjust to the desired height and lock in place with one of the factory collars. I didn't put the thinkness of the aluminum plate since there are different grades, have the machine shop recommend you the grade and thickiness.
Old 10-25-07, 11:19 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=Spyder78;3012365]

If you know how to create a perch how about creating one for the teins what would that involve?
UAS is already coming up with a kit for the Tein CS. That's what TAMR_GUS98 and I are considering getting.

Our bud lightwave76 did the development work with UAS. The set up is looking like a strong possibility for us.
Old 10-25-07, 11:32 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
UAS is already coming up with a kit for the Tein CS. That's what TAMR_GUS98 and I are considering getting.

Our bud lightwave76 did the development work with UAS. The set up is looking like a strong possibility for us.
Very nice! Glad to see air suspension is getting more interest now

It will be very interesting to discuss air suspension and other things with you at SEMA.

See you there Glen!
Old 10-25-07, 11:45 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice! Glad to see air suspension is getting more interest now

It will be very interesting to discuss air suspension and other things with you at SEMA.

See you there Glen!
Please lets do that !

I have some ideas to run by ya.

Quick Reply: The re-introduction of my GS4!