GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Hypothetical ? How much is a full saddle leather interior worth?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-07, 02:24 PM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Hypothetical ? How much is a full saddle leather interior worth?

Nothing is for sale in this thread. I am just curious to see how much do you guys think full saddle leather 2003 Sportdesign interior would command? All seats, all door panels, center console cover. Perfect condition.

Old 07-19-07, 02:38 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are going to trade with someone I think something in the line of $750 plus their interior pieces would be right. If you sell them outright and the condition is perfect I would think $1500, my guess, because you are getting all new seats. I do think this would go fast as the saddle interior is such a nice interior
Old 07-19-07, 02:59 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i agree with Rich but I think part of the appeal is the dark contrasting parts. if this is for the whole seat - cool. if this is for the whole dark center console - cool. but if it's just for seat covers and panels and the arm rest - it would HAVE to go into a black interior. i don't even think the grey interior is dark enough to contrast the strong tones of the saddle.

AWESOME INTERIOR BTW - KEEP IT!!!
Old 07-19-07, 03:02 PM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cliffud
i agree with Rich but I think part of the appeal is the dark contrasting parts. if this is for the whole seat - cool. if this is for the whole dark center console - cool. but if it's just for seat covers and panels and the arm rest - it would HAVE to go into a black interior. i don't even think the grey interior is dark enough to contrast the strong tones of the saddle.

You're absolutely right... You would have to have a black dash/console/carpet in order to pull it off.... I never thought of that....
Old 07-19-07, 05:41 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by cliffud

Very good point. If someone had a gray or tan interior I think they would have to do a full swap to black to achieve the right look
Old 07-19-07, 09:23 PM
SADDLE
Lexus Test Driver

Chin - I've always wondered this question and maybe you can answer it for me. But do you know why with our saddle interiors, they decided to give us a grey headliner? wouldn't black have made more sense, i've been contemplating the idea of replacing the grey pieces (a-pillar, middle pillar, and c-pillars, plus the headliner) with black. It would make the interior much darker with the tints plus make the saddle stand out more. What are you thoughts??? sorry this is a little O.T.
Old 07-19-07, 09:26 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

priceless

for everything else, theres masters card.
jk I hope you keep your interior too. I'm really jealous of that interior.
Old 07-19-07, 09:35 PM
aliti19
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll give you my MINT black interior seats, armrests, etc... plus $500 for them.
I tried doing that at a dealer that had a Saddle interior, but they wouldn't do it damn it! lol
Old 07-19-07, 09:37 PM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SADDLE
Chin - I've always wondered this question and maybe you can answer it for me. But do you know why with our saddle interiors, they decided to give us a grey headliner? wouldn't black have made more sense, i've been contemplating the idea of replacing the grey pieces (a-pillar, middle pillar, and c-pillars, plus the headliner) with black. It would make the interior much darker with the tints plus make the saddle stand out more. What are you thoughts??? sorry this is a little O.T.
I've often wondered the same thing my saddle friend... the minute I find a wrecked GS with black pillars and headliner... I'm swapping! The grey goes with nothing else in the interior. Are you the only other saddle interior on the board? Is it just the 2 of us?
Old 07-19-07, 09:39 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a black on black, my pillar and headliner are also grey
Old 07-19-07, 09:43 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i feel you guys with the damn light grey pillars and headliner. i have one of the few blue onyx pearl gs's with black leather interior..but of course light grey pillars and headliner.. i was considering re wrapping these pieces as well.
Old 07-19-07, 09:43 PM
Chin
Former Sponsor

My boy has a Platinum edition... I think (if I remember correctly) the pillars and headliner are black in his car. The only problem is he smokes and I know that his drivers side a pillar has a burn as well as his headliner. Otherwise I would have swapped it already...
Old 07-19-07, 10:06 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Chin there is always Leatherseats.com for a nice and easy swap
Old 07-20-07, 06:47 AM
TRD911
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the black leather interior in my GS400 and I like it. I really think that the saddle looks RICH. I would trade mine and then some in a minute. My wife likes the Black better than the saddle.
Old 07-20-07, 08:30 AM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bmpiazzola
I have the black leather interior in my GS400 and I like it. I really think that the saddle looks RICH. I would trade mine and then some in a minute. My wife likes the Black better than the saddle.
Do you or anyone else with a black interior have black a/b/c pillars and a black headliner? I'm trying to figure out what year / model it came in... I need those pieces...

Quick Reply: Hypothetical ? How much is a full saddle leather interior worth?